Oh yes, you better believe that we caught this movie on opening weekend. Having never read the books and being very curious about the advertisements I’ve been seeing for the film, I just had to see it. So here are my thoughts:
- The movie didn’t flow as well as I would’ve liked. Everything felt really choppy, but I hear it’s not like this in the books.
- They made Seattle look gooooooooooood.
- This is not a movie that you want to take your kids to. I was appalled to see children sitting a couple rows in front of me.
- Is it just me or did it feel like Jamie and Dakota had absolutely no chemistry together onscreen. I mean it didn’t seem very belivable to me?
- It’s definitely not as racy as people made it out to me.
- Why is this version offered in imax?
- What is it like to see the NC-17 version of this film?
- The best part of this movie? The soundtrack. Gimme that Ellie Goulding and The Weeknd anyday.
It’s not a masterpiece by any means, but I’m glad I saw it. We got something out of our systems by doing so.