Ariana’s impression of Celine Dion is so spot on.
Ariana’s impression of Celine Dion is so spot on.
Miles Teller could possibly be one of my favorite new actors. I mean he’s not that new, actually, but I enjoy him in almost everything that he’s in. I’m still waiting to see Whiplash though and I heard he did a pretty good job in it! Also this appearance on Jimmy Fallon is golden.
As we all know, our favorite models Derek and Hansel walked the Valentino runway earlier this week and it wasn’t just a random decision. They are, in fact, making a Zoolander sequel and this was the most perfect way for them to reveal the news. Zoolander 2 is slated to be released February 12, 2016. Can you believe that it will have been 15 years since the first movie was released? I’m so curious now about what my 11-year-old self thought about that film.
And what! They also got to meet Anna Wintour. They really went all out for publicity.
25 men will go on dates with both Kaitlyn AND Britt! For the first time ever in Bachelor/Bachelorette history, there will be two bachelorettes and they pretty much were the babes of last season’s The Bachelor. In the beginning of the season, Britt was the frontrunner for The Bachelor, but seeing Kaitlyn get as far as she did, others were convinced that she would be the next Bachelorette. Tough choice, but having both of them will definitely make up for some entertainment.
Apparently the guys will go after both of them and ultimately decide who they think will make the better wife. Will there be one of them left standing? Will both of them go after the same guy? Will Britt and Kaitlyn each have a rose to give out at the very end? So many questions about logistics. We’re looking forward to May 18th when the next season starts!
– Off the Grid is back in season! [The Bold Italic]
– Hunger makes you buy things, period. Not just food. [Smithsonian]
– How to do your baby announcement in 2015. [Etsy]
– 7 common reasons for why people are late [A Cup of Jo]
– Mindy Kaling gives an entire interview on happiness and we love it [Good Housekeeping]
– Job Interview Fails (Welcome to my life as a recruiter) [Mashable]
– How to care for introverts [Kottke]
I have to admit that when I first heard about Fresh Off the Boat becoming a television series on ABC, I wanted to boycott the show. I had seen the commercials for it and the acting sometimes made me cringe, but it wasn’t until Kevin told me that he was entirely caught up on the series that I thought it deserved a shot. How quickly I changed my tune…
I was afraid that by others watching the show that Asian Americans would be faced with those confirmations about our stereotypes or that everyone would immediately assume that my childhood was exactly like Eddie’s which was going to be portrayed negatively. In fact, my childhood and my brother’s was a lot like Eddie’s and it wasn’t portrayed negatively. I am now a fan of the show and I think it does something great for Asian Americans. It gives us something to relate to because I can guarantee you growing up, I never felt like anyone could really relate to me in this sense.
Oh yes, you better believe that we caught this movie on opening weekend. Having never read the books and being very curious about the advertisements I’ve been seeing for the film, I just had to see it. So here are my thoughts:
It’s not a masterpiece by any means, but I’m glad I saw it. We got something out of our systems by doing so.
– 5 of the best spots in Seattle to get your mac and cheese on [Seattle Refined]
– The profession that will get you the most dates and the professions that are attracted to each other [Refinery29]
– Careless tweeting and how it can change your life…for the worse. [NY Times]
– The time Taylor Swift gave breakup advice to a fan. [BuzzFeed]
– 9 Questions you wish you could ask Ariana Grande [Vox]
The secret’s out! Karlie Kloss and Taylor Swift are Vogue’s March cover girls! In this short clip by Vogue, the two compete for the title of the “best best friend.”
It’s the Monday after the Super Bowl so HOBviously everything is Super Bowl themed today. The only thing is…we haven’t talked about the game because well, we all know what happened so no need to dwell. Will Ferrell is basically killing this.
As we get closer and closer to the Super Bowl, this stuff just gets better and better.
Marshawn – please don’t leave. You’re the best player.
I don’t know about all of you, but we’re getting incredibly excited for the Super Bowl on Sunday! To get all of you on the same level, here is Marshawn’s press conference with Skittles. I just feel so bad for how much he gets fined. Won’t everyone just leave him alone and let him be him?
– Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen’s hack for taking the best photographs [Buzzfeed]
– The modern way to fall in love with anyone [New York Times]
– Founder of Ship Your Enemies Glitter is already regretting his viral business [Mashable]
– Why an unlimited vacation policy doesn’t work [Quartz]
– A hidden bar being a Coca Cola vending machine: Flask [Cool Material]
– Just a cheeky read that I can’t believe I enjoyed [Medium]
– MTV airs all of their programming today in black and white to honor Martin Luther King Jr. [MTV]