The people at ABC are hilarious.
We love this. Go on and throw that shade Andi!
The people at ABC are hilarious.
We love this. Go on and throw that shade Andi!
I’ve been holding off on writing this post for awhile and that might be for two reasons:
a) I’m waiting for Juan Pablo Galavis to become more likable (he hasn’t.)
b) I’m waiting for this season of The Bachelor to stop sucking.
I just assumed that redemption was on its way and that I wouldn’t have to write this post at all, but I’ve given it a few weeks, a whole lot of thought, and now we’ve got something to say. I actually met Juan Pablo Galavis last month when he visited my company and I thought on the surface, he seemed quite nice. He posed for pictures and he gave me a kiss on the cheek. We didn’t exchange very many words and I’m okay with that. Shortly after, news broke out that he thought it would be “perverted” if there was a same-sex Bachelor season. Hearing that made me cringe. In no way shape or form is it ever okay for someone to say that. Furthermore, he tried to cover his tracks by playing the “English is my second language” card, but we all know that “perverted” in English isn’t that much different than “perverted in Spanish.”
A couple of episodes ago, Juan Pablo made it known that he was refraining from kissing both Renee and Cassandra because they were both moms and he wanted to make sure they were being an example for their children. Juan Pablo, on the other hand has no problem sticking his tongue down the throats of Sharleen, Clare, or Nikki. And if you didn’t know it before, Juan Pablo himself is also a father so isn’t this kind of hypocritical?
Lastly, we’re not a fan of Clare and we don’t have any problem saying that. She doesn’t seem very likable or nice for that matter and every time she looks at Juan Pablo, she looks like she’s about to eat him. Everything about her face tends to be seductive in front of the camera and we’d like for her to just stop. In a very specific episode, Clare doing what she does best, scampers over to Juan Pablo’s room late at night for a frolic in the warm water. She calls it “swimming in the ocean,” but if you watched the episode at all, you will know that “swimming in the ocean” is code for something more inappropriate than that. We know this because Juan Pablo confronted Clare about it and TOTALLY slut-shamed her. I don’t know about you guys, but I’m a little bit annoyed that guys continue to do this to women by placing the blame on them. It takes TWO people to “swim in the ocean.” Juan Pablo, are you aware of the example you’re setting for YOUR daughter? If you’re going to regret what you did then you shouldn’t have done it in the first place and if you’re the one so concerned about what your daughter is going to see on television, shouldn’t you take some responsibility for your own actions?
The Frisky did a pretty good job of summing this up:
At the rose ceremony a few days later, Juan Pablo took Clare aside, in front of the cameras, to tell her he essentially regretted their little tryst. But instead of taking equal responsibility for their actions, and personal responsibility for the regret he was feeling, Juan Pablo shifted the blame to Clare, implied that she either pressured him or he had no choice. “You wanted to thank me for the day,” he responded when Clare asked why he followed her to the ocean if he didn’t want to. As if Clare has been trying to pay him for the nice one-on-one date they had, and he couldn’t refuse. Having had his cake and eaten it too, Juan Pablo is back to worrying about the example he is setting for Camila — but he also hinted at having reservations about the impression Clare might be making as well. Clare was naturally mortified and undeservedly ashamed, when the only person who should be mortified by their behavior is Juan Pablo, for having sex with a woman, regretting it and then shaming her for both of their action the next day.
Juan Pablo is not an example. He’s not likable. He’s not a great Bachelor and I’d be lying to you if I said I didn’t wish that this Clare scandal didn’t come out during the show and all of the girls just up and decided to quit. While I’m completely over the season, I need to continue watching to see who wins. I’m rooting for Andi because she seems like she’s the only one with a brain, but I already know that she doesn’t win so oh well. Can we just get this season over with already?
As much as I love my Weddings and my Wedding Mondays, there are still moments that I can catch that don’t feel genuine to me. Yes, I am a girl that loves watching The Bachelor and The Bachelorette and was I flipping between Catherine and Sean’s 2-hour wedding special last night along with the Grammys? I SURE was. The wedding ceremony itself was probably 30 minutes. While I love the two of them together, I couldn’t help but think to myself while watching that I will never televise my wedding. It’s unlikely that I’ll become a public figure before I get married, but even still – why would anyone choose that route?
Then I started thinking big picture… is this what I am doing when I showcase people’s wedding videos on Wedding Mondays? I thought that for a second until I realized that there are so many details in these videos that get left out and therefore my decision for the series is completely justified. I didn’t need to see Sean buying lingerie for Catherine and I didn’t need to know that Catherine was gifting him with a sexy photo shoot with photos that he could keep. Blagh.
With that said, can we just get on with this? This wedding video of Julie and Eric in Paris is pretty sweet. The whole wedding itself oozes with romanticism and glamour and while it’s not always the route I would take with my own personal wedding, there is such a level of appreciation for the whole thing.
Joseph Gordon Levitt for Playboy Magazine [Source]
Condé Nast lets you play model in their new video game, Fashion Hazard, available on both iPhone and the iPad. [Source]
Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas puts her hair in the hands of celeb stylist Ted Gibson. [Source]
Spin Magazine has cancelled their Nov/Dec issue. [Source]
Record label, Fueled By Ramen, is raising money to support The Academy Is… band member Andrew Bishop Mrotek AKA The Butcher. Andrew was violently mugged at the end of July and has been in and out of the ER undergoing several surgeries. He is also without health care and FBR has said that any support that fans can provide will significantly help towards his bills. [Source]
Remember that brawl between Chris Brown and Drake not too long ago? The nightclub is allegedly suing them for $16 million. [Source]
Lady Gaga x Kendrick Lamar collaboration on the way! [Source]
The Jonas Brothers will come together again for a one-time concert. [Source] I want this.
TLC taps into a new reality “looking for love” show called “Secret Princes.” [Source]
ABC’s Revenge has decided to make a re-cast decision for Emily’s mentor, Satoshi Takeda. [Source]
Teen Mom’s Farrah Abraham released a new music video. Apparently, auto tune is her best friend. [Source] Too awful to actually post the video on my blog
ABC Family has cancelled “Jane By Design.” [Source]
NBC’s ‘Tonight Show’ has laid off 20 employees. [Source]
The city of Bremerton will re-name a street for Olympic gold medalist Nathan Adrian. [Source]
Amazon Local will begin delivering Capitol Hill’s Eltana bagels. [Source]
Lauren Conrad made a huge mistake by releasing a new DIY video on her YouTube account today that showed her slicing up Lemony Snicket’s Series of Unfortunate Events and turning it into a storage project. Fans of the series were not very happy and her video has since been deleted. [Source]
Top Chef Cruise 2013 [Source]
Could a men’s birth control be in the works? [Source]
Ashley Judd lost her son again? It’s like Double Jeopardy all over again…but in a television series.
It looks like Modern Family actress Sarah Hyland’s real-life boyfriend Matt Prokop will be joining her on the ABC sitcom very soon. What role will he play? None other than Haley Dunphy’s new love interest of course. Oh these two…I know it’s somewhat unhealthy to be invested in other people’s relationships, but they won me over in Geek Charming. Here’s hoping they outlast my previous favorite couple Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron.
- Kate Moss is the new face for Mango! [Source]
- The nominees for the 2012 Bloglovin’ Awards have been revealed. [Source]
- Alexa Chung will take on the role as creative director for Superga’s next campaign. [Source]
- Celine will not be showing at Fashion Week this year because Phoebe Philo is taking time off for her pregnancy. [Source]
- Victoria’s Secret is launching their new high-end lingerie line, “The Victoria’s Secret Designer Collection.” Some pieces were even featured in last year’s fashion show. [Source]
- Karl Lagerfeld’s capsule collection will debut tomorrow on Net-A-Porter. [Source]
- Prefix reveals their list of 100 Most Anticipated Albums for 2012! [Source]
- Katy Perry has launched a line of false eyelashes. [Source]
- iHeartRadio has chosen 14 colleges to represent their sponsored stations. Seattle is not on the list. [Source]
- 2012 exhibits at the EMP will include AC/DC and Jimi Hendrix. [Source]
- Jimmy Fallon is caught in a strange lawsuit involving female domination on his set. [Source]
- Summer Glau will join the cast of Grey’s Anatomy. [Source]
- ABC has ordered a pilot to reboot Beauty and the Beast. [Source]
- 2011 Sound Off! winners Tomten has just been signed to Flat Field Records. [Source]
- Everyone can breathe easy now – Everyday Music will be moving across the street in March where the Diamond Parking Service Garage currently lives. [Source]
- Sea-Tac Airport is partnering with PlayNetwork and the Seattle Music Commission to bring travelers in-terminal music. [Source]
- If you haven’t jumped on the bandwagon for Facebook’s new Timeline format, you better act soon or else Facebook will do it FOR you. [Source]
- Demi Lovato has checked into rehab once again reportedly for addictions to alcohol, drugs, and cocaine use. Get well soon Demi :( [Source]
- Demi Moore has also been rushed to the hospital earlier today for substance abuse. [Source]
- Paula Deen’s publicist has quit! [Source]
- Four couples in London broke the record for the world’s longest hug. Awwww! [Source]
- Vimeo is on the verge of relaunching their new website and some pretty snazzy features. [Source]
Before a new television season begins, I read the reviews, do my research, and start planning out my tentative lineup. Initially, the schedule has me booked for Mon-Thurs between the hours of 8PM-11PM. Prime homework time! As time goes on, the shows start dropping like flies. It’s not because I realize my priorities, but it’s because the shows don’t catch my attention long enough that they need to continue to be on the schedule.
One show that has stuck around is Revenge. In fact, it’s probably the one show that I refuse to miss every week and the funny thing about that is that it makes no difference at all if I am forced to watch it the next day. Regardless, 10PM rolls around; the books are closed and posts for the blog are put on hold because Emily Thorne is about to initiate another take down!
If you haven’t caught onto the show yet, I strongly suggest that you start. Since it’s only the first season, you can easily catch up.
-The Kids Are All Right actress Mia Wasikowska is the new face of Miu Miu and featured in their latest campaign. [Source]
- Paul & Joe’s new beauty campaign is all about cats! [Source]
- Whitney Port will have her first runway show at New York Fashion Week. [Source]
-Viva Model Management has signed Lykke Li. [Source]
- Kristen Stewart is the new face for Balenciaga Fragrance. [Source]
-Lana Del Rey covers Billboard. Have you heard of her yet? Dis girl be blowing up! [Source]
-Tavi gets even more cooler; featured in a Wilco music video. [Source]
-Lil Wayne will publish a memoir about his days in prison. [Source]
- Katy Perry’s parents try to play matchmaker and want to set her up with Tim Tebow. [Source]
- WELP! Coachella sold out in three hours for both weekends. [Source]
- Emma Roberts has pulled out of Spring Breakers due to a conflict in creative differences. The movies stars Vanessa Hudgens, Selena Gomez, and James Franco. [Source]
- Kim Kardashian will host Live With Kelly! on Jan. 23rd. [Source]
- MTV’s Teen Mom 2 star Leah Messer is expecting twins again. [Source] Oh what’s up Kate Gosslin 2.0
- Zooey Deschanel and Channing Tatum will host Saturday Night Live. [Source]
-ABC’s “Work It” about two men cross dressing to find work was cancelled after two episodes. [Source]
- Congratulations to former Coffee Haus performers Champagne Champagne! The hip-hop trio will open for Wu-Tang Clan on their Seattle date. [Source]
- Philadelphia is the most depressing city to live in, and unfortunately, Seattle is in the top 5. [Source]
- Homegrown’s Turkey + Bacon + Avocado Sandwich is their best selling sandwich for 33 months! [Source] This is actually my favorite and I can vouch for it. If you haven’t tried it yet, you must!
- Michelle Obama is officially on Twitter. [Source]
- Nevermind Sinhead ‘O Connor ends marriage again. [Source]
- The dessert for the Golden Globes will have gold flakes dusted on top of it! [Source]
Are there any Revenge fans on here? I am a huge follower of the show and have basically tried to shove it onto just about anyone that hasn’t started watching it. There won’t be a new episode tonight, unfortunately, but I thought it would be fitting to still have a Revenge themed post. Here’s a peak at a recent photo shoot with the cast shot by Tyler Shields.
Check out the rest of the shots here
- Look at this random editorial with Chloe Moretz and Keanu Reeves for Harper’s Bazaar. [Source]
- Miranda Kerr will model a $2.5m bejeweled bra at next month’s Victoria’s Secret fashion show. [Source]
- Karl Lagerfeld shot Elizabeth Olsen in an exclusive photoshoot that will be featured in a new coffee table book. [Source]
- The Gap will close 189 locations by the end of 2013. I don’t like the sound of this… [Source]
-Adam Levine and model girlfriend Anne Vyalitsyna have gone nude for Russian Vogue’s November 2011 cover. There’s some weird Photoshop done to Adam Levine’s torso though…see for yourself! [Source]
- Rick Ross suffered multiple seizures today while flying. [Source]
- Taylor Swift has already recorded 25 songs for her next album. [Source]
- Fans of Justin Bieber reacted negatively after hearing how he kissed another girl while filming his new music video “Mistletoe.” Oh hmm I thought music videos were real life. [Source]
- Google is planning to open a music store. It is highly doubtful that it will be something better than iTunes, but who cares anyways because I just use Spotify. [Source]
- Pitchfork will introduce a new music festival to New York this February and will be run by Bowery. This will be the first festival, I believe, to kick off all other spring music festivals. [Source]
- ABC has cancelled Charlie’s Angels. I always wanted to catch an episode – guess I never will now! [Source]
- Casey Anthony will be the next person to be highlighted in E!’s True Hollywood Story. Since when was she considered Hollywood? [Source]
- The cast of the new season for Celebrity Apprentice has just been announced. [Source]
- HBO will be developing a one-hour long television series based on “The Kids Are All Right.” [Source]
- Beginning January 2012, Netflix will begin streaming CW shows. [Source]
- Plot details have been revealed for Taken 2. [Source]
- Harry Potter’s “Crabbe” is a mean guy in real life! [Source]
- Cam’ron and Queen Latifah are collaborating on a new film company. [Source]
- To celebrate University Village’s new Microsoft store opening, they are hosting a special event for the first 200 people to visit their store on Thursday, October 20th. Those 200 people will have the option of choosing a private performance from either The Black Keys or One Republic on Friday or Saturday respectively. [Source]
- Rumor has it that Starbucks will be unveiling a new line of cold pressed juices to sell in their stores. Um wut is a cold pressed juice. [Source]
- The incident of the tip stiffing that went down last weekend at Cha Cha’s has spiraled out of control. Turns out the guy that did it has a common name and everyone with his name is just getting the blame for it. The attempt at making one person look bad has actually backfired. [Source]
- 97 new restaurants have opened in Seattle in the last couple of weeks. The majority of them are on Capitol Hill. YES! [Source]
- Former Disney actress Brenda Song and former Metro Station frontman and Miley Cyrus’s brother Trace Cyrus are engaged. Spawn child here we come! [Source]
- Maxim names Paula Deen as the ‘Hottest Female TV Chef’ [Source]
- Hollywood homes have hit the market. [Source]
- Hilary Duff is having a baby boy. Even though she’s 24, she’ll always be Lizzie McGuire to me. [Source]
- Lindsay Lohan reportedly wants to have a baby by the end of next year. Yeah I don’t think things happen like that… [Source]
- The world is also terrified by her teeth. [Source]
- Georgetown University will be offering a new 3-credit course called “Sociology of Hip-Hop: Jay-Z.” [Source]
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck are having a boy. [Source]
- College admission officers are checking the Facebook profiles and other social media pages of their applicants. [Source]
For weeks, all I have heard on blogs was the built up anticipation surrounding ABC’s newest television series Revenge – set to premiere September 21st. The shows I usually watch are on CW and FOX so it is rare for me to venture outside of those comfort zones, but I’ve been a fan of Emily VanCamp since her days on Everwood (are you still acting Gregory Smith?) so I was curious to see her in a lead role in a series. I heard she was decent on Brothers and Sisters, but I’m willing to bet that her character was nothing like the character she portrays on Revenge as “Emily Thorne.”
The pilot episode of Revenge leaked sometime last week and I think since ABC knew they could no longer hold fans off before the premiere date, they decided to just release it as a special preview. Watch the entire pilot episode here (like I did!)
To avoid any spoilers, I’ve written my review underneath the cut.
- Regis Philbin will host his last episode of Live with Regis and Kelly! on November 18, 2011. [Source]
- Ke$ha has become a global ambassador for animals. [Source]
- My Chemical Romance has fired their drummer. [Source]
- Kind of loving this poster for Young Adult starring Charlize Theron. [Source]
- Eddie Murphy will host the 84th Academy Awards. When was he last seen in a movie? [Source]
- Are Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes Hollywood’s newest couple? [Source]
- …or is it Anna Kendrick and Jake Gyllenhaal? [Source]
- The first episode of ABC’s Revenge starring Emily VanCamp has already leaked and fans cannot wait for the season to start. [Source]
- Shop Zara today!
- The Flaming Lips are recording a 6-hr song. [Source]
- Linday Lohan’s little sister Ali is following in her footsteps and has had her face almost completely reworked. Yikes. [Source]
- Dev is preggers. [Source]
- After breaking into Celine Dion’s house, the culprit then proceed to take a bath in her tub. [Source]
- You can also download the first episode of FOX’s “New Girl” on iTunes now.
During Finals Week, I was unable to keep up with these “In the News…” posts so some of these bits are from two weeks ago. From here on out though, everything will be pretty current.
- Giambattista Valli will design for Macy’s. [Source]
- Hamish Bowles is writing an autobiography. [Source]
- Gary Time has officially launched! [Source]
- Jessica and Ashlee Simpson will collaborate on tween clothing line. [Source]
- Dakota Fanning is the new face of Marc Jacobs’ “Oh Lola!” [Source]
- Coachella is turning into a multi-weekend event! [Source]
- Adele has canceled the rest of her North American tour due to sickness. [Source]
- MTV has cancelled Skins. Sad day. [Source]
- Fear Factor is returning to NBC. [Source]
- Jane Lynch will host the Emmys. [Source]
- Katie Couric is launching a talk show on ABC next fall. [Source]
- There has been talk of a US remake for the UK hit show “Misfits.” [Source]
- MTV will film their next season of Real World in San Diego. [Source]
- Blur Seattle has created the HappyButts project to encourage smokers to toss their used cigarettes in these designated cans and not the streets of Capitol Hill. [Source]
- “Human Barbie” Sarah Burge who has had $800,000 worth of surgery recently purchased a voucher for breast implants for her 7-year old daughter to redeem when she is 16. [Source]
- The ridiculous family that started the whole Balloon Boy incident last year has decided to auction off their enormous balloon in order to raise money for the Japan relief. The price is currently set at $1m. Okay, you’ve redeemed yourself a little bit. [Source]
- Scarlett Johansson and Sean Penn are no longer dating. [Source]
- Shaq announces retirement after 19 years in the NBA. [Source]
- Ed Norton is engaged. [Source]
- Nikki Reed is engaged to American Idol contestant Paul McDonald. [Source]
- Jack White and Karen Elson are throwing a divorce party. [Source]
- The creator of Mad Libs, Leonard B. Stern, has passed away at 88. [Source]
- This fall, Emma Watson will resume her college education by attending Oxford University. [Source]
- Lily Allen got married today. [Source]