Who: Dakota Fanning
Where: Marc Jacobs After Party
Fashion Week brings out the best in street style fashion!
Primary sources include Refinery29 and Style.com
- Kate Moss is the new face for Mango! [Source]
- The nominees for the 2012 Bloglovin’ Awards have been revealed. [Source]
- Alexa Chung will take on the role as creative director for Superga’s next campaign. [Source]
- Celine will not be showing at Fashion Week this year because Phoebe Philo is taking time off for her pregnancy. [Source]
- Victoria’s Secret is launching their new high-end lingerie line, “The Victoria’s Secret Designer Collection.” Some pieces were even featured in last year’s fashion show. [Source]
- Karl Lagerfeld’s capsule collection will debut tomorrow on Net-A-Porter. [Source]
- Prefix reveals their list of 100 Most Anticipated Albums for 2012! [Source]
- Katy Perry has launched a line of false eyelashes. [Source]
- iHeartRadio has chosen 14 colleges to represent their sponsored stations. Seattle is not on the list. [Source]
- 2012 exhibits at the EMP will include AC/DC and Jimi Hendrix. [Source]
- Jimmy Fallon is caught in a strange lawsuit involving female domination on his set. [Source]
- Summer Glau will join the cast of Grey’s Anatomy. [Source]
- ABC has ordered a pilot to reboot Beauty and the Beast. [Source]
- 2011 Sound Off! winners Tomten has just been signed to Flat Field Records. [Source]
- Everyone can breathe easy now – Everyday Music will be moving across the street in March where the Diamond Parking Service Garage currently lives. [Source]
- Sea-Tac Airport is partnering with PlayNetwork and the Seattle Music Commission to bring travelers in-terminal music. [Source]
- If you haven’t jumped on the bandwagon for Facebook’s new Timeline format, you better act soon or else Facebook will do it FOR you. [Source]
- Demi Lovato has checked into rehab once again reportedly for addictions to alcohol, drugs, and cocaine use. Get well soon Demi :( [Source]
- Demi Moore has also been rushed to the hospital earlier today for substance abuse. [Source]
- Paula Deen’s publicist has quit! [Source]
- Four couples in London broke the record for the world’s longest hug. Awwww! [Source]
- Vimeo is on the verge of relaunching their new website and some pretty snazzy features. [Source]
Who: Alexa Chung
Wearing: Marc Jacobs
Where: Late Night With Jimmy Fallon
The lovely Alexa Chung appeared on my favorite late night television show with Jimmy Fallon last night and was as charming as ever! No surprises here – her outfit did not disappoint.
Favorite Style Icon: Zoe Saldana
Zoe wins again and again with her presentation on the red carpet and at press events. Here she is wearing a Calvin Klein dress in my favorite color for 2012: MINT!
Runner Up: Elle Fanning
Favorite Event of the Year: Capitol Hill Block Party 2011
Two out of three days was just enough to make this festival not only the highlight of my summer, but the most memorable moment of the year. Who can turn down a weekend of great company, amazing live performances, free goodies, front row at Cults, stellar weather and meal breaks at all of my favorite restaurants just outside of the gates? You can’t.
Runner Up: Girl Talk at the Showbox SODO and being on stage!
- New York takes a jab at Miranda Kerr by calling her interview responses banal. [Source]
- The Victoria’s Secret Angels attempt to sing Jingle Bells. ahhh Lily Aldridge is my favorite!
- H&M x Marni is happening! The collaborative collection will debut March 8th. [Source]
- My style icon Alexa Chung won the British Style Award. [Source]
- “Like Crazy” actress Felicity Jones is the new face of Dolce & Gabbana. [Source]
- Britney Spears is performing a free show in Mexico! WHOA! [Source]
- The Red Hot Chili Peppers are hitting the road again for their new tour. [Source]
- S Club 7 is making a comeback! [Source]
“When her sister disappears, Jill (Seyfried) is convinced the serial killer who kidnapped her two years ago has returned, and she sets out to once again face her abductor.”
- Pretty Little Liars has been renewed for a third season! No surprise there. Looks like we have another year until we find out who A really is. [Source]
- Ricky Martin will be making an appearance on Glee next year. [Source]
- These breakout stars had a fantastic year in 2011. [Source]
- Conrad Murray has been sentenced to four years behind bars for the death of Michael Jackson. [Source]
The current season plays a huge role in these selection of photos this time around. It wasn’t until I finished that I noticed that there was a tinge of earthy colors transitioning from fall into winter. I hope you guys enjoy all of the photos! I also hope that you’ve all had a wonderfully relaxing Thanksgiving holiday.
If I could achieve all of my school shopping with one store, it would be at Madewell. Ever since Seattle got their first location, a trip to Madewell has always been a treat for me! I also love it 10x more because the J. Crew sister retailer collaborates with one of my favorite style icons – Alexa Chung. Earlier this summer, I posted a few promo advertisements for Madewell featuring Alexa Chung, but this is the real deal!
The full collection will be out September 22nd. See you there!
- Laguna Beach
Some people enjoy the first week of school because they become restless with summer or they’re excited to be back in the learning environment. I couldn’t wait to get back so that I could show off the various outfit combinations that I had created within my new fall wardrobe. Oh yes. I was THAT girl. Not much has changed since then though except for the fact that I strive for this throughout the year instead of just the fall season.
Growing up, my mom had given me a fall school shopping clothing budget so that I could purchase the items that I needed for the upcoming season. Though frustrating at times, it also taught me how to be a careful spender and learn the value of budgeting. Once I had hit zero, I was done until Christmas came around. These days, I no longer have that same clothing budget because I have my own job and all that. Instead, I’m the one giving myself the clothing budget and it’s going to be a small amount since my priorities of school books, bills, and food tend to be a little bit higher on the spectrum.
When I was younger, I needed to have many items for fall. I needed to be able to mix and match everything to create the max number of outfits possible. Little old me was thinking efficiency here. As I’ve gotten older, my tastes in clothes have developed more (hopefully better,) and I have found that I am more interested in making purchases that will be longer-lasting. Instead of buying the same basic tank top or tee in a number of colors, I’ll purchase a jacket for the fall that will be a bit pricier, but can be worn with just about anything. It may or may not be trendy, but at least I’ll know it’ll last me for more than just a year (since I’m not growing anymore – this is possible.) My current list of back to school items include an olive canvas jacket, a dress for the fall that can be dressed up or down and a pair of rainboots. I took a trip to J. Crew and Madewell this past weekend and found myself swooning over EVERYTHING. I rely heavily on sales though as a broke college student so I suppose I’m lucky that two of my favorite retailers are pretty great in that department!
I promise to keep you posted on my purchases within the next month.
For now, here are some new Madewell campaigns featuring my style icon Alexa Chung!