Who: Dianna Agron, Zosia Mamet, and Alexa Chung
Wearing: Valentino, Rebecca Minkoff, and Moschino respectively
Where: Glamour’s Night of Monologues
Without even noticing, every “A Collection” post has some sort of a theme. I always enjoy going back and looking at the different sets asking myself what the common theme was. What was I feeling that day? Why did I select this photo, that photo, and this series of photos? I started writing this about a fourth into completing this post and I noticed that all of the photographs are pretty simplistic, but also muted. There are times when I won’t remember why there is a theme, but I think this completely embodies how I’m feeling right now. Somewhat muted, but it’s a refreshing time right now because there is so much that is unknown. Also – Seattle has the hottest weather in all of the country right now, which is incredible and NEVER happens. Funny, because you would think that these photos would be much brighter to resemble that, but they are not. Surprise!
It used to take me over six months to go back to a blog that I haven’t visited in a while. With my new routine and schedule and the absence of homework, I am able to get through my blogs a lot quicker which frees up more time for me to be creative and to spend more time on posts that mean a lot to me instead of just posting and being done with it. Most of the photographs in this A Collection post came from one blog and go figure it’s called Thriving Twenties so of course we can relate hence why we love it.
Today, my all-time favorite style icon is celebrating her birthday! To this day, I am still missing her MTV talk show… but I know it’s only a matter of time before she is back on the air again and in the forefront. Check out all of my favorite looks by Alexa here.
– Alexa Chung has made her Instagram private after several of her followers left comments for her on this picture saying that she was too thin. She responded, “Ok everyone thanks for the teen angst discussions. People are different sizes. I’m not trying to be thinspo for anyone.” [Source]
– Rag & Bone will launch a handbag line this fall. [Source]
– Nicki Minaj will develop her own fragrance. [Source]
– This photo of two models kissing in Urban Outfitters’ latest catalog has stirred up some controversy with the One Million Moms (OMM) Organization.
“The content is offensive and inappropriate for a teen who is the company’s target customer.” And they’re asking supporters to boycott the retailer: “Tell them you will also no longer shop at their stores if you hear this type of advertising continues.”
Whatever, man. There’s always some organization that brings up this issue every month. [Source]
– Marchesa may be launching a contemporary line very soon. [Source]
– I’ve been waiting for this album, but I don’t have to wait much longer since Metric’s “Synthetica” will be out June 12. [Source]
– After debuting Tupac’s hologram at Coachella this past weekend, Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg are now considering taking it on tour with them. [Source]
– Zooey totally sold me on the iPhone 4s in this commercial. It was the tomato soup.
– NBC will stream the entire 2012 Summer Olympics in London. I get that it’s popular these days, but it’s gonna be on NBC all day every day. [Source]
– MTV’s Teen Wolf will return in June for their second season. [Source]
– The Seattle Center will partner with Coca-Cola and name them the “official beverage” of the space and will celebrate them at their Next Fifty event. [Source]
– Congratulations to The Stranger writer, Eli Sanders, for his Pulitzer on feature writing! So much of my Seattle news comes from this blog so I think credit should be given when deserved. [Source]
– Tru Blood stars Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer are expecting. [Source]
– Angelina Jolie’s engagement ring from Brad Pitt is reportedly worth $1 million dollars. [Source
– Kanye West apparently broke up with Kim Kardashian via text. [Source]
– Dick Clark has passed away after suffering a heart attack. He was 82 years old. [Source]
– Victoria Beckham’s birthday cake…is not a real cake. It’s fruit. [Source]