Jennifer Lopez in stunning Valentino
I read recently that people were trying to make the Tony Awards a thing and to make sure attendees were stepping up their fashion game and looks like they delivered!
Anna Wintour in Chanel – she hosted the whole thang so she had to be first.
It killed me that I couldn’t post every look and have this ready to go for you all this morning! I was so excited to see some of the looks from the Met Gala yesterday evening and then a part of me knew that I would hate some looks as well. With the theme being, “China: Through the Looking Glass,” I was concerned that there would be jabs poked at stereotypes and Asian trends that would make me cringe. Of course there were, but like all things, we have to move on and not dwell on them. In the interest of saving time (and space!) I am choosing not to include looks that I felt were in poor taste.
Amanda Seyfried was going to be flawless in this role as Linda Lovelace and it definitely shows in the trailer. What an amazing cast working alongside her too!
It’s the biggest night in fashion of the year and for the past four years, we have been covering the annual Met Gala. This year’s theme was Punk: Chaos to Couture and the celebrities did it well. Here – Dakota Fanning looks phenomenal in Rodarte.
All photos by Style
Click the cut below for more amazing looks from your favorite celebrities, designers, and models.
Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture
– Lawrence is a Dior girl through and through. Now being the face for the brand, we sure can expect her to be wearing it a lot more than she has already.
[Readers! I’m sorry I missed the live Twitter feed for the red carpet today. I hear this year’s stars were on point with their looks. Unfortunately, I had to attend to some personal matters and that was much more important than blogging today. Thanks for your understanding!]
– New York takes a jab at Miranda Kerr by calling her interview responses banal. [Source]
– The Victoria’s Secret Angels attempt to sing Jingle Bells. ahhh Lily Aldridge is my favorite!
– H&M x Marni is happening! The collaborative collection will debut March 8th. [Source]
– My style icon Alexa Chung won the British Style Award. [Source]
– “Like Crazy” actress Felicity Jones is the new face of Dolce & Gabbana. [Source]
– Britney Spears is performing a free show in Mexico! WHOA! [Source]
– The Red Hot Chili Peppers are hitting the road again for their new tour. [Source]
– S Club 7 is making a comeback! [Source]
“When her sister disappears, Jill (Seyfried) is convinced the serial killer who kidnapped her two years ago has returned, and she sets out to once again face her abductor.”
– Pretty Little Liars has been renewed for a third season! No surprise there. Looks like we have another year until we find out who A really is. [Source]
– Ricky Martin will be making an appearance on Glee next year. [Source]
– These breakout stars had a fantastic year in 2011. [Source]
– Conrad Murray has been sentenced to four years behind bars for the death of Michael Jackson. [Source]
What you’ve all been waiting for!
Anna Kendrick in Elie Saab Couture – 4.5
Big things are about to happen for Anna in terms of her acting career and her appearance on the red carpet. It’s too bad that Up in the Air did not win any Oscars last night because that is one of my favorite movies from last year and she was great in it. This gown is beautiful. I’m glad she didn’t go overboard with it. Only thing I would change would be the shoes.
A book written by the wonderful Nicholas Sparks