Andrew Garfield bustin’ out the dance moves on Ellen!
Andrew Garfield bustin’ out the dance moves on Ellen!
More of this qt couple:
The signs read: ”We just found out that there were paparazzi outside the restaurant we were eating in. So… why not take this opportunity to bring attention to organizations that need and deserve it,” followed by links to two charity websites, wwo.org and gildasclubnyc.org.
Emma Stone is pretty much my girl of 2012. She has snagged quite a few blockbusters within the last year, has risen to be a style icon, and is dating her Spiderman co-star Andrew Garfield. Her life is awesome. Her outfits are fantastic. We all wish we can be Emma Stone. End of story.
Unfortunately, I’m a little behind on my news having not blogged consistently for the past couple of weeks, but this is the best I could do!
- Designer Tracy Feith will design for TOMS Shoes. The designer was known for his highly successful collection for Target. [Source]
- Vogue has announced that they will no longer be working with models under the age of 16 or models who look unhealthy. [Source]
- Justin Timberlake is still not returning to music because he’s too busy working on a design line for HomeMint. [Source]
- The Wanted’s latest track, “Chasing the Sun” will be used as the title track for Ice Age 4: Continental Drift. [Source]
- Earlier this week, a first-grader was suspended for singing the line “I’m sexy and I know it” from LMFAO’s latest song. [Source]
- Teen Wolf Season 2. It’s almost here. [Source]
- Will Jeopardy host, Alex Trabek, leave the show? I sure hope not. [Source]
- Britney Spears and Demi Lovato have joined The X Factor. [Source]
- The Jonas Brothers are getting a reality show on E! y’all! [Source]
- Twilight’s Kellan Lutz has just signed on to play Tarzan in the new animated film. [Source]
- And yet another trailer for The Amazing Spider Man.
- Outkast’s Andre 3000 will begin shooting for the Jimi Hendrix biopic next month. [Source]
- The Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF) lineup is up! [Source]
- A new Seattle spot is opening up and it is dedicated to one of my favorite desserts – the Molten Chocolate Cake. Hot Cakes Molten Chocolate Cakery will open up later on this month. [Source]
- Demi Moore has officially changed her Twitter handle. [Source]
- Jessica Simpson finally gave birth to a baby girl named Maxwell Drew Johnson.
- RIP to the Beastie Boys’ Adam “MCA” Youch. He passed away Friday at age 47 after battling cancer for two years.
- Kings of Leon’s Jared Followill has proposed to model Martha Patterson. The two have been dating for only a few months. [Source]
- SNL’s Taran Killam and HIMYM’s Cobie Smulders will marry this September. [Source]
The new trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man
Andrew Garfield + Emma Stone swooooooon!
Favorite Style Icon: Zoe Saldana
Zoe wins again and again with her presentation on the red carpet and at press events. Here she is wearing a Calvin Klein dress in my favorite color for 2012: MINT!
Runner Up: Elle Fanning
Favorite Event of the Year: Capitol Hill Block Party 2011
Two out of three days was just enough to make this festival not only the highlight of my summer, but the most memorable moment of the year. Who can turn down a weekend of great company, amazing live performances, free goodies, front row at Cults, stellar weather and meal breaks at all of my favorite restaurants just outside of the gates? You can’t.
Runner Up: Girl Talk at the Showbox SODO and being on stage!
- Now everyone can look like Terry Richardson with these frames! umm too bad they’re $290. [Source]
- Joe Zee’s television series All on the Line has been picked up for a second season by Sundance. [Source]
- Did Urban Outfitters rip off an Etsy designer? [Source]
- Take a peak inside designer Erin Fetherston’s beautiful apartment. [Source]
- A Tribe Called Quest will be releasing their film in a number of theaters for several dates. [Source]
- Transformers 3 has released their soundtrack. [Source]
- Kanye West will perform a free show in Manhattan in June. [Source]
- Dom’s “Family of Love” EP will be released August 9th. [Source]
- P. Diddy has decided to change his name to “Swag.” Is that to indicate that he is free? Easy? I don’t know. [Source]
- Kerry Washington will be acting as “Olivia Pope” in ABC’s new series “Scandal.” [Source]
- MTV is footing a new pilot called “Married Young.” Stop it… just stop it. [Source]
- Scott Mccreery is the new American Idol. [Source]
- VH1 makes plans to bring back “Pop Up Video.” More music – less trashy reality television shows please! [Source]
-Ed Westwick will portray Tybalt in a new Romeo and Juliet film. [Source]
- Joan Jett paid a visit to the students of Scriber Lake High School who are all at risk of dropping out. Jett took this time to urge these students how important it was to earn a high school diploma and pursue their dreams. [Source]
- A new service in Seattle called “I Have Munchies” will cater to all of your late night needs. [Source]
- Seattle is one of the nation’s safest pedestrian cities in America. [Source]
- Tom Hanks gave the commencement speech to Yale’s Class of 2011. Students were encouraged to wear silly hats. [Source]
- Sofia Coppola and longtime boyfriend Thomas Mars (frontman of Phoenix) are getting married this summer. The couple have two kids together. [Source]
- In case you missed it, Kim Kardashian got engaged to Kris Humphries. [Source]
- Spiderman’s Andrew Garfield and Shannon Woodward have split. Not-so-secretly celebrating… [Source]
- The Kardashians need your help in deciding the title for their new novel. wut. [Source]
- The before and after shot of the damages left by the Joplin, Missouri tornado. [Source]
- Apparently it’s Asian Pacific American Heritage month so Buzzfeed rounded up a bunch of celebs that we may have not known were actually Asian. I didn’t know either of these things. [Source]
- A new study shows that those that immerse themselves in cultural activities ie) playing an instrument, attending concerts, taking trips to the art gallery – turn out to be healthier! [Source]
- Roughly 81% of the music in your iTunes library will never get played. [Source]
Ever since Dov Charney announced the hipster era was “out” several months ago, I became concerned. As a part-time hipster, I guess I don’t really understand how it can go out of style. Being a hipster is not just about the fashion or the music. It is a culture. It is a way of living.
Okay, who are we kidding? While I accept the hipster lifestyle, there’s still something about it that makes me giggle. I actually am amused by the hipster culture. While the rest of the world slash the bros at my school find that it is something to joke about, you’d be surprised at how ahead of the game they are. Hipsters all over have paved the way for various trends that began years ago, but are just now turning mainstream as described in a recent Flavorwire post. When I think of this, I am reminded of the scene from The Devil Wears Prada when Miranda puts Andy in her place by telling her that her retail store sweater was hand picked for her by the people in that room because they made that sweater what it was. I know that that movie has nothing to do with hipsters, but all you need to know is that the hipsters ARE Miranda.
Below are some of my favorite hipsters of our time today:
Natalie Portman has been a bad ass ever since she made her acting debut back in 1994 with The Professional. Since then, she has blown us away with her acting abilities and even her rapping skills. She may have portrayed hipster-ish character Sam in Garden State, but we know that she’s a true one at heart. Natalie is a Harvard grad, vegetarian, and an activist!