How badly do you want kids after seeing this video?!
One of the best moments of the VMA’s last night was seeing all of the celebrities react to Lady Gaga’s performance of “You and I.” This is the last VMA post, I swear. I’m already even over it myself, but Flavorwire compiled these reactions together and I thought it was pretty convenient. In the middle of our live text commentaries last night during the show, Ashley told me that she actually liked Gaga last night while I just could not agree with that at all. I can typically enjoy her in small doses, but the theatrics of last night were just too much for me. Her persona was kind of obnoxious. And it was a little bit ironic of her “character” to talk about how Lady Gaga was so into herself when it seemed like the entire show was all about Jo Calderone. Do. Not. Care.
I just wanted to point out that Dave Grohl was not cheering for Jo Calderone, but for Queen’s Brian May.
- This isn’t over yet?!
- Who are these Pre-VMA show hosts? So uncomfortably awkward. Please just bring back Suchin Pak and Tim Kash.
- Foster the People and Young the Giant, please gtfo MTV before the network eats you alive and makes you mainstream. Oh wait…
- Oh Gabe Saporta…I’ve still got a crush on you.
- Lady Gaga in the opening of the VMA’s. The look on Britney Spears, Adele and Justin Bieber’s face…priceless. Were her antics a little too much tonight?
- Congratulations Beyonce and Jay-Z who are expecting! One blog already think this might be a publicity stunt.
- I love Jay-Z.
- Miley, I don’t like your dress.
- Katy Perry – Too soon for that Kanye-Swift joke?
- Chachi Gonzales, I see you dancing in the Britney Spears tribute! How adorable were those little girls dancing in it?
- I loved Beyonce’s performance!
Favorite performances of the night:
- Perez Hilton calls Chris Brown out for his completely lip-synched performance. Whatever – everyone was thinking it! [Source]
- Jay-Z also did not clap for Chris Brown probably because he’s the one that discovered Rihanna. Way to go Jay – bit also, did anyone even understand that performance?
- For some reason, I wasn’t really feeling Jessie J tonight as the house band.
- Katie Holmes presenting video of the year…that’s random.
- The VMA’s didn’t have a host this year, but I think we saw way too much of Lady Gaga or her male counterpart. It almost got to the point of being too obnoxious for me and I think the organization of her presenting the award to Britney Spears was a little weird because her tribute was cut short when they both had to introduce Beyonce. There could have been a commercial break in there because Gaga awkwardly stole Britney’s thunder.
(in Jason Wu)
What a style icon Zoe has become in these last couple of years! It’s amazing to see how far she has come. The first film I ever saw of hers was Center Stage and back then, that was my favorite film at age ten. After Center Stage came Britney Spears’ Crossroads, but then the actress blossomed in Star Trek and Avatar. I haven’t seen either of those movies, but I’m okay with that. I’ll just stick to anticipating every outfit she wears on the red carpet instead.
- Justin Bieber ruining my favorite childhood television show. [Source]
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen prepare to launch their new t-shirt collection StyleMint with a video here
- Writer Marianne Power wrote about her experience of going to work for a month without looking in the mirror. The end result? Less anxiety over what she wore, more compliments, and more self-confidence! [Source]
- Marilyn Monroe’s iconic “subway dress” has been auctioned off for a whopping $5.52 million. [Source]
- Glee’s current class will graduate in 2012 and a new batch will roll in! [Source]
- Nicole Richie practicing her moves for Britney’s concert last night. She may be a better dancer than the queen herself…just sayin.
- Jackass star Ryan Dunn was killed in a car accident due to blunt and thermal trauma. [Source]
- Katy Perry’s “Firework” is this generation’s anti-gay anthem. [Source]
- This actor (51) from Green Mile – I swear I’ve never heard of him – married this sixteen year old girl from Washington who was in the running for Miss Teen Washington last year. Barf. [Source]
- I just found out yesterday that my favorite thrift store on the hill – Atlas – is moving to Fremont. Now I have no proof to show my friends how hipster I have become over the past few years.
- InStyle Magazine is trying something new by producing a scratch-and-sniff July issue with five notable scents to remind you of summer. (I thought this was what the perfume ads were for.) [Source]
- Gawker breaks the stereotype by bringing you a photo essay of what gay men really look like. [Source]
In case you need a refresher on the outfits he should’ve burned before even thinking about wearing them, click here.
I’ve decided that Britney Spears to me is kind of like Santa Claus. We’ve reached beyond the age where we no longer believe that Santa exists, but that doesn’t mean that we stop believing in Christmas. I’ve learned to accept that Britney Spears doesn’t actually sing live, but that doesn’t mean that her performance is terrible. Homegirl is workin’ it still at 29!
On another note, the bistro was playing Mariah Carey’s “Honey” today when I walked by. THROWBACK to my first favorite song ever in 1997.
- Matthew Williamson’s collection for Macy’s is now out and it is packed with beautiful party dresses and prints for the spring/summer. View and purchase the collection here.
- J. Crew will open their first International store in the UK at the end of the summer. [Source]
- Last season, Miu Miu’s appliqued dress made on the cover of nearly every magazine. This season, it is Prada’s entire Spring collection that has earned 48 covers. [Source]
- FOX News makes a huge deal over a J.Crew ad in which creative director Jenna Lyons is painting her son’s toenails pink. [Source]
- Incubus will release their new album “If Not Now, When?” on July 12th. [Source]
- Glenn Beck has been using Metric’s music and Emily Haines is weirded out. [Source]
- Taking Back Sunday’s new self-titled album will be released June 28th. [Source]
- My favorite former boy band member Jeff Timmons of 98 Degrees has decided to join the Chippendales dance crew at the Rio in Las Vegas from May 12 thru June 5. [Source] The little girl inside of me is swooning.
- And in case you haven’t heard yet, Nicki Minaj will be touring with Britney Spears this summer. [Source]
- LCD Soundsystem will be releasing their final show on DVD. [Source]
- Nickelodeon has renewed iCarly for a fifth season. [Source]
- ABC is cancelling All My Children and One Life to Live. [Source]
- AJ Cook is planning her return to Criminal Minds full time again. [Source]
- Cannes has announced their film festival line up. [Source]
- Ellen Page, Jesse Eisenberg, Penelope Cruz, and Alec Baldwin have signed on for Woody Allen’s new film set to be shot in Rome this summer. [Source]
- Monte Carlo starring Selena Gomez, Katie Cassidy, and Leighton Meester with an appearance by Cory Monteith. I don’t think anyone actually believes that all of them are supposed to be just graduated seniors.
- Moe bar will be streaming live coverage from Coachella this weekend for free! Still not the same experience, but it’s the thought that counts. [Source]
- This Saturday is Record Store Day! Tons of record stores in Seattle will be having special events including band signings and special band performances. For the full schedule, check out The Stranger here. Also, a new record store called Spin Cycle is opening TODAY on Broadway at 321 Broadway on Capitol Hill.
- Yogurtland’s opening is tentatively planned for this weekend! [Source]
- A man is auctioning off a jelly bean that looks like it has an imprint of Kate Middleton’s face. [Source]
- NBA has fined Kobe Bryant $100,000 for his offensive slur at a ref. [Source]
- Seann William Scott has checked out of rehab. [Source]
- Catherine Zeta-Jones is currently being treated for bi-polar disorder. [Source]
- Scarlett Johansson has moved in with Sean Penn. [Source]
- Emma Roberts is covering the May issue of Seventeen Magazine. [Source]
- Harry Potter actress Bonnie Wright is engaged to Jamie Campbell Bower. [Source]
- A two-year old boy was given sangria instead of orange juice at a Florida Olive Garden. [Source] rookie mistake
- Learn how to be a jetsetter with Refinery 29′s useful infographic. [Source]
- The world’s oldest man, Walter Breuning has passed away at age 114. [Source] Damn.
Hooray. This is the longest In the News…posting I have ever made.
IT’S BRITNEY DAY!!!