Aaron Paul and Lauren Parsekian
Because sometimes the people that didn’t get invited to the actual event come out dressing better than ever!
Dakota Johnson in Chanel Haute Couture
On Golden Globe night, I had a very difficult decision to make. I could either watch the award show or grab dinner with some friends and watch Selma. In the end, I chose to let the show go, but only because I was able to watch the red carpet and felt like I got what I needed. Within the first 30 minutes of the E! Live Red Carpet show, I wasn’t impressed with any of the looks, but as the program went on, I felt like I had something positive to say about nearly every look. This morning, we’re kicking things off with Dakota Johnson. I never read 50 Shades of Grey, but now that I’ve been seeing more ads, I’m becoming much more curious about the film. I love that she chose this gown because she looks fantastic in it, but if I could change anything about this look, I would’ve wanted her to go completely sleek with her hair just to make it look like she didn’t walk straight out of the movie trailer we’ve been seeing for the past month.
I can’t believe it’s time already for the most fashionable night of the year! It’s crazy to think that a year has already gone by. I feel like I was making the 2013 post just last month. This year’s theme is White Tie and Decorations.
Of course we’re kicking things off with Queen Bey and Jay.
Beyonce and Jay-Z both in Givenchy Haute Couture
Lupita Nyong’o, in Prada
The red carpet was packed with actors and actresses meant for the best dressed list. We’ve reached the end of the Award Show season (I think) and this was probably the best way to close it out. Lupita has pretty much hit it out of the park for every award show. That alone, should earn her an award.
Hmm there seems to be a pattern hidden among these posts… I wonder why!
Burberry is giving out free samples of their new fragrance, “Body.” What’s the catch? All you have to do is “like” their Facebook page. That’s it. Then wait for your sample to arrive in the mail and go nuts. The fragrance will hit stores September 1st!
“Burberry has also just released an image of the Body bottle: A jewel-inspired design with rose gold color and a multi-faceted surface that refracts the light. Of course, wherever there is Burberry, checks can’t be too far behind and the Body bottle stays true to the brand with rose gold engraved check on the lid.”
***** Hey readers! Brace yourself – it was a big news day!
– The UK’s Daily Mail published a photo along with a headline naming the wrong Olsen twin. For most of their early lives (Ages 0-16,) I believed they were identical because they were always dressed alike, but these days I can tell the two of them apart within seconds. You don’t have to see it in their faces to tell who is who, but you will see it in the way that they are dressed. Need some help telling the fashion icons apart? Check out Fashionista for their guide here.
– If you loved Lauren Conrad’s recently dyed tips as much as I did then learn how to do them yourself with the help of Lauren’s hair stylist Kristin Ess in this step-by-step tutorial. [Source]
– Rihanna will be the star of Armani’s campaigns this fall/winter 2011. [Source]
– Kal Penn will have a recurring role on How I Met Your Mother. [Source]
– Kurt, Rachel, and Finn will not be returning for Season 4 of Glee, but of course we already knew that when Ryan Murphy said they would be graduating after this next year. [Source]
- MTV has renewed Teen Wolf for a second season. I seriously only watch it for these two. [Source]
– Lindsay Lohan apparently thought she was good enough and should have been considered for the role of Nina Sayers in Black Swan. Girl, you delusional? [Source]
– An exact replica of the house from “Up” has been built. Would you live in it? [Source]
– Miranda Kerr named her son Flynn after a late boyfriend. [Source]
– Rosie Huntington-Whitely is the new face of Burberry Body. [Source]
– Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are also launching a handbag line. Do these girls ever stop working? [Source]
– Today, one of my favorite bands has officially broken up. Sad day Rilo Kiley. [Source]
– The original stars from the classic “American Pie” will all return for the fourth installment “American Reunion.” [Source]
– Daisy Lowe will pose in next month’s issue of Playboy. Daisy is the daughter of Bush frontman Gavin Rossdale who is also the husband of Gwen Stefani. [Source]
– Meet the 20 new competitors for Project Runway. They all look like such characters! [Source]
– Who wants to wear a dress with Steve Buscemi’s face on it? Not I… [Source]
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are finally getting married. It’s been 6 years. [Source]
– Time to start building your Bumbershoot schedule! [Source]
– Yogurtland is collaborating with Hello Kitty. I wish the real life characters would visit our Capitol Hill location though… [Source]
– In case you missed it (like I did) the US women’s soccer team is headed to the world cup finals! [Source]
– Weezer is offering a concert cruise. [Source]
- Cupcake Royale ended up raising $10,000 towards the It Gets Better Project selling their rainbow-covered cupcakes last month. Tomorrow, founder of Cupcake Royale Jody Hall, will present Dan Savage with the check at 4:30 PM at the Capitol Hill location. [Source]
– Amon Tobin and Moby will headline Seattle’s Decibel Festival. [Source]
– The Black Eyed Peas are going on hiatus. Not phased by this. [Source]
– Chris Brown is securing his spot as the celebrity no one will ever like again. [Source]
– The first teaser poster for the Dark Knight Rises. [Source]
– Weezer and The Flaming Lips will share the stage together in New Jersey on July 28th and New York on July 29th. Literally. As in… all of their gear will be up on stage at the same time and they will take turns performing a song. Yeasayer will open each night. AWESOME. [Source]
François-Henri Pinault with Salma Hayek both in Alexander McQueen
There was an unbelievable amount of love for Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney at this year’s 2011 Met Ball. I think out of all the Met Ball’s I have seen, this one has provided the most looks that I have fallen in love with. Well done everyone.
This year’s theme was in tribute to the late designer Alexander McQueen as the museum debuted a new exhibition in his name. Since there were so many attendees this year, I decided to post only my favorite looks (and a few others) – don’t worry, it’s still pretty image heavy!
Where was Camilla Belle this year?