Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture
Everyone kind of knew she’d be wearing Dior since she’s the new face and all, but no one expected her to look this flawless. The cinched belt at the waistline completes this look.
Burberry is giving out free samples of their new fragrance, “Body.” What’s the catch? All you have to do is “like” their Facebook page. That’s it. Then wait for your sample to arrive in the mail and go nuts. The fragrance will hit stores September 1st!
“Burberry has also just released an image of the Body bottle: A jewel-inspired design with rose gold color and a multi-faceted surface that refracts the light. Of course, wherever there is Burberry, checks can’t be too far behind and the Body bottle stays true to the brand with rose gold engraved check on the lid.“
***** Hey readers! Brace yourself – it was a big news day!
- The UK’s Daily Mail published a photo along with a headline naming the wrong Olsen twin. For most of their early lives (Ages 0-16,) I believed they were identical because they were always dressed alike, but these days I can tell the two of them apart within seconds. You don’t have to see it in their faces to tell who is who, but you will see it in the way that they are dressed. Need some help telling the fashion icons apart? Check out Fashionista for their guide here.
- If you loved Lauren Conrad’s recently dyed tips as much as I did then learn how to do them yourself with the help of Lauren’s hair stylist Kristin Ess in this step-by-step tutorial. [Source]
- Rihanna will be the star of Armani’s campaigns this fall/winter 2011. [Source]
- Kal Penn will have a recurring role on How I Met Your Mother. [Source]
- Kurt, Rachel, and Finn will not be returning for Season 4 of Glee, but of course we already knew that when Ryan Murphy said they would be graduating after this next year. [Source]
- MTV has renewed Teen Wolf for a second season. I seriously only watch it for these two. [Source]
- Lindsay Lohan apparently thought she was good enough and should have been considered for the role of Nina Sayers in Black Swan. Girl, you delusional? [Source]
- An exact replica of the house from “Up” has been built. Would you live in it? [Source]
- Miranda Kerr named her son Flynn after a late boyfriend. [Source]
- Rosie Huntington-Whitely is the new face of Burberry Body. [Source]
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are also launching a handbag line. Do these girls ever stop working? [Source]
- Today, one of my favorite bands has officially broken up. Sad day Rilo Kiley. [Source]
- The original stars from the classic “American Pie” will all return for the fourth installment “American Reunion.” [Source]
- Daisy Lowe will pose in next month’s issue of Playboy. Daisy is the daughter of Bush frontman Gavin Rossdale who is also the husband of Gwen Stefani. [Source]
- Meet the 20 new competitors for Project Runway. They all look like such characters! [Source]
- Who wants to wear a dress with Steve Buscemi’s face on it? Not I… [Source]
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are finally getting married. It’s been 6 years. [Source]
- Time to start building your Bumbershoot schedule! [Source]
- Yogurtland is collaborating with Hello Kitty. I wish the real life characters would visit our Capitol Hill location though… [Source]
- In case you missed it (like I did) the US women’s soccer team is headed to the world cup finals! [Source]
- Weezer is offering a concert cruise. [Source]
- Cupcake Royale ended up raising $10,000 towards the It Gets Better Project selling their rainbow-covered cupcakes last month. Tomorrow, founder of Cupcake Royale Jody Hall, will present Dan Savage with the check at 4:30 PM at the Capitol Hill location. [Source]
- Amon Tobin and Moby will headline Seattle’s Decibel Festival. [Source]
- The Black Eyed Peas are going on hiatus. Not phased by this. [Source]
- Chris Brown is securing his spot as the celebrity no one will ever like again. [Source]
- The first teaser poster for the Dark Knight Rises. [Source]
- Weezer and The Flaming Lips will share the stage together in New Jersey on July 28th and New York on July 29th. Literally. As in… all of their gear will be up on stage at the same time and they will take turns performing a song. Yeasayer will open each night. AWESOME. [Source]
François-Henri Pinault with Salma Hayek both in Alexander McQueen
There was an unbelievable amount of love for Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney at this year’s 2011 Met Ball. I think out of all the Met Ball’s I have seen, this one has provided the most looks that I have fallen in love with. Well done everyone.
This year’s theme was in tribute to the late designer Alexander McQueen as the museum debuted a new exhibition in his name. Since there were so many attendees this year, I decided to post only my favorite looks (and a few others) – don’t worry, it’s still pretty image heavy!
Where was Camilla Belle this year?
Olivia Wilde in Marchesa
Chocolate brown and gold sequins are the perfect combination for this Golden Globe gown. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen Olivia look this good! I also loved that she wore her hair down with her bangs since we are typically used to seeing it done up.
Above Leigh is wearing Narcisco Rodriguez during Fashion Week. I actually don’t know too much about her except that I’ve never heard her speak in an interview, but she has great style and used to be a model. These days, she can be found DJ’ing in New York with trio The Misshapes.
- Steve Carell will be leaving The Office next year capping off season 7. [source]
- The divorce is final between Jesse James and Sandra Bullock. [source]
- Emma Watson has confirmed that she is dating George Craig, the Burberry model and frontman of music group One Night Only.
Watch it now before it gets removed! Cue tears at … 4:39
Chris Brown struggled through his tribute to Michael Jackson last night at the BET Awards. After dancing through Billie Jean, Remember the Time, and Smooth Criminal, Chris attempted to end the tribute by singing Man in the Mirror, but broke down into tears showing everyone just how vulnerable he was. Haven’t decided if I still feel bad for him or not. It must suck to know that everyone kind of hates you because you beat your girlfriend up and it went public and basically your career went down the drain. Stuff happens; sometimes you bounce back and sometimes you don’t.
- Nicole Richie wrote another book entitled “Priceless” due out Sept. 28, 2010
- David Olsen, the father of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen is broke and facing foreclosure. Will the twins with all the money in the world step in to save their father from his debt? [Source]
- The Lohans are back to reality television again and have already started filming. Gross Dina Lohan is almost becoming worse than Kate Gosselin. [Source]
- Degrassi. The Boiling Point!
- Kristen Stewart lightens the hair and looks a whole lot better and a whole lot less emo than she always does. WIN.
- Tonight, Nikki Blonsky will debut her new ABC Family show Huge.
- Dove is casting “REAL WOMEN” for their new ad campaign. These women must have flawless skin, no scars, and definitely no tattoos. Nice job Dove, real nice.
- According to a recent study, the average woman will spend nearly $24,000 on shoes in their lifetime. That’s disgusting.
- You can now put Barbie in a fat suit!
- Google is determined to create the next best social networking site. Move out of the way Facebook. They didn’t win you over with Google Buzz, but now they’re coming back in full force with… wait for it…GoogleMe.
- Grandpa gets his GAGA on w/ this video posted by The Stranger.
- Rihanna has decided to cancel her kick off date for her tour in WA at the White River Amphitheater. Fans will receive a refund. [boooooo I'm a Chris Brown fan now!]
- Megan Fox officially wed Brian Austin Green in a small ceremony in Hawaii late last week. [source]