photo cred | The Frisky
Who: Carey Mulligan
Wearing: Nina Ricci top and Lanvin pants
Where: Great Gatsby Australian premiere
It’s the biggest night in fashion of the year and for the past four years, we have been covering the annual Met Gala. This year’s theme was Punk: Chaos to Couture and the celebrities did it well. Here – Dakota Fanning looks phenomenal in Rodarte.
All photos by Style
Click the cut below for more amazing looks from your favorite celebrities, designers, and models.
- Fashionista explains while Elle has decided to select their Carey Mulligan cover photo after Vogue already did in 2010. [Source]
- The Vogue Archive has every Vogue issue available for viewing/reading from the last 120 years. Cost? $1,575/yr [Source]
- Pantone and Sephora will collaborate on a new line devoted to the color of the year – Tango Tangerine. [Source]
- Clemence Poesy is the new face of G-Star Raw. [Source]
- Janelle Monae will release two albums in 2012. CAN’T WAIT! [Source]
- Glee will do a Michael Jackson tribute episode. [Source]
- Get a head start on purchasing your Capitol Hill Block Party tickets now! AKA the best. weekend. ever.
- Coldplay will return to the Northwest in 2012. [Source]
- Former Seattle Sonics player, Gary Payton, will help Seattle get a basketball team back here in 2012. [Source]
- Eddie Bauer opens up a pop-up shop at Melrose Market. [Source]
- Lindsay Lohan’s “tasteful” Playboy cover has been revealed. [Source]
- Twitter is about to get a makeover. [Source]
- Shots have been fired at Virginia Tech’s campus and two people are confirmed dead. My thoughts are with everyone affected by this incident. [Source]
The City’s HBIC Erin Kaplan will be leaving her position as Head of PR at Elle Magazine to replace Eleanor Banco at Teen Vogue for the same position. [Source]
- Could Pac-Man be turned into a reality series? [Source]
- Bravo announces the return high-quality television series:
- Colin Firth receives his Hollywood Star [Source]
- Oprah reveals her biggest failure was starring in and producing the 1998 adaptation of Toni Morrison’s “Beloved.” [Source]
- “Touched By An Angel” actor John Dye has died at 47. [Source]
- If Orlando Bloom were to appear in “The Hobbit,” he would receive $1 million for a two-minute stint. [Source]
- Carey Mulligan will return to the stage this spring. [Source]
- America Ferrera will appear on “The Good Wife.” [Source]
- Disney pushing a Tron sequel? [Source]
- Backstreet Boy A.J. McLean has returned to rehab to sober up before the big NKOTB/Backstreet Boys tour. [Source]
- Taylor Swift – Back to December
- Etta James has been diagnosed with leukemia. [Source]
- Usher has canceled his OMG tour…again. [Source]
- Model Devon Aoki is engaged and pregnant. [Source]
- Christian Bale will not allow his daughter to pursue child acting. [Source]
- U.S. retailer Target will buy Canada’s Zellers for $1.8 billion, which means Canada will finally be getting their own Target. [Source]
- The first performers to be announced at the Grammy Awards this year will be nominees Arcade Fire, Eminem, Cee Lo Green, Lady Gaga, Miranda Lambert, and Katy Perry. [Source]
- Keira Knightley and Rupert Friend have split. [Source]
- Peter Fonda discovered a dead body in a car. [Source]
- Gucci Mane had an ice cream cone tattooed on his face. [Source]
“The Rose Boy” is at it again! [Source]
- Selma Blair is pregnant w/ fashion designer boyfriend Jason Bleick. [Source]
- Miranda Kerr and Orlando Bloom have been having a hard time naming their son. [Source]
- Kristen Stewart is on the cover of the February issue of Vogue looking awkward as always! [Source]
- Gwen Stefani is the new face of L’Oreal. [Source]
- The Kardashian sisters will launch the Kardashian Kollection at Sears. [Source]
Carey Mulligan in Vionnet
Keira Knightley in Chanel Couture
Andrew Garfield…looking good.
kind of looks a little like Carey Mulligan doesn’t it?
- Project Runway will start up again on Lifetime beginning July 29th with just a couple of changes. Each episode will now run 90-minutes long and the “Bluefly Accessories Wall” will be replaced by the “Piperlime Accessories Wall“
- Congratulations Jenna Lyons on becoming the new President of J. Crew!
- Carey Mulligan will be on the cover of the October issue of Vogue while Halle Berry receives the coveted September issue cover.
- Last night Glee star Amber Riley sang the National Anthem at the All-Star Game. [Source]
- Victoria’s Secret Angel model Doutzen Kroes is three months pregnant w/ her first child. The father is her boyfriend DJ Sunnery James.
- Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem tied the knot secretly earlier this month.
- Craig Ferguson and wife Megan Cunningham-Wallace are expecting. He announced this via Twitter.
- Actress Keke Palmer graduated high school one year early and plans to attend Howard University in the future.
- Taylor Momsen is the face of Material Girl, a line launched by Madonna and her daughter Lourdes.
- Lindsay Lohan has claimed that she will “kill herself before she goes to jail.” [source]
- Kelly Osbourne has broken things off w/ her fiance Luke Worrall after discovering his unfaithfulness. [source]
- Cheryl Cole is recovering from from her Malaria, but has banned her Girls Aloud bandmates from visiting her in the hospital. [source]
- Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston are engaged and decided to hide it from Sarah Palin, but went to the press first. Hmm…
- Urban Outfitters launched a new jewelry collection today with designers that include: Archive, Erika Pena, BJ by Jules, Calourette, Dara Ettinger, Lizzie Fortunato Jewels, Species by the Thousands and Sabrina Dehoff. Check out the goods here
- Joan Ginter, a math professor from Texas has won the lottery four times. The chances of this happening are one in 18 septillion. 18 septillion is 18 with 24 zeroes behind it! She didn’t win small amounts of money either. “Ginther won $11 million in 1993, $2 million in 2006, $3 million in 2008 and $10 million last month.” She is one lucky lady… today she resides in Las Vegas! Can’t think of a better place for her to live than there. [source]
- Spencer Pratt attempted disguise himself in order to sneak into The Hills series finale event last night in Los Angeles. He would have definitely added an extra kick to the after-show had they actually let him in.
- Stella McCartney will design uniforms for the British athletes competing in the London 2012 Olympics after being named the creative director. [source]
In case you missed it, everyone hates Mel Gibson! This sign was spotted outside a gym in New Jersey.
In Capitol Hill news…
- Octo Sushi on 12th Ave [in the old Crave space] and Genki Sushi in the new Broadway Building are now open!
- So is Homegrown Sandwiches, my favorite organic, sandwich shop located in the Melrose Market.
- This Thursday, the Silver Cloud Inn will be debuting their new restaurant Jimmy’s on Broadway, which will be sort of like “a sports focused classy place that caters to the stadium crowd.” [Source]
- Awhile ago, I tried to make a visit to the local Jamba Juice at 1303 Madison when I discovered it was no longer there. I was sure that there had been a Jamba Juice there, but maybe I missed it by a block? Supposedly, it had been shut down unexpectedly. Now, Crêpan Crepe World, a Japanese-style crepe restaurant is moving in.
What you’ve all been waiting for!
Anna Kendrick in Elie Saab Couture – 4.5
Big things are about to happen for Anna in terms of her acting career and her appearance on the red carpet. It’s too bad that Up in the Air did not win any Oscars last night because that is one of my favorite movies from last year and she was great in it. This gown is beautiful. I’m glad she didn’t go overboard with it. Only thing I would change would be the shoes.