Who: Michael Polish and Kate Bosworth
[Joan Smalls w/ Michael Kors and wearing his design]
So we’re a little overdue for a recap post on the CFDA Fashion Awards, but I didn’t want to go on without making a post about it. Every year some of the greatest designers are highlighted along with the best in fashion and some of the most beautiful gowns. Enjoy!
All photos are from Style.com
Happy spring readers! We’re long overdue for a Collection post so I thought I would leave you with one before I embark on the rest of my spring break venturing for the week. It’s definitely shorter than usual, but still packed with pretty pictures. I wanted to kick off this collection post with a comic from one of my favorite sites, A Softer World. Together, they are the perfect combination of beautiful photography and witty thoughts.
- Charlize Theron covers Vogue’s December issue. [Source]
- Co-founder and chief creative officer Tamara Mellon is leaving Jimmy Choo along with CEO Joshua Shulman. [Source]
- Julia Restoin-Roitfeld, daughter of former editor-in-chief Carine Roitfeld, is preggers! [Source]
- Apple is recalling the first generation iPod nanos due to a possible safety risk caused by the batteries. [Source]
- Lady Gaga and well-known choreographer Laurieann Gibson are no longer working together. [Source] “Honey” used to be one of my favorite dancing films and Laurieann did the choreography for every single part of it.
- OFWGKTA were dismissed from New Zealand’s Big Day Out festival lineup because of their offensive homophobic and misogynistic lyrics.[Source]
- Jay-Z says Kanye is obsessive-compulsive plus Jay-Z highlights some odd behavior as described in GQ. [Source]
- MTV will bring back their hipster television series, “I Just Want My Pants Back” on Thursday, Feb. 2nd 2012. [Source] I was hooked after their teaser episode in early fall!
- Seattle’s Intiman Theater will reopen in 2012 with a summer festival. [Source]
- A nearby rave event caused Shadow, the dolphin, to become stressed out by the music. As a result, the dolphin became so distressed by it that he died. [Source]
- The recent updates of porn on people’s Facebook newsfeeds are terrifying users. [Source]
- A new magazine devoted entirely to the news of reality television stars called Reality Weekly will debut next year. [Source]
- Evelyn Lauder, beauty mogul and breast cancer activist, passed away this weekend at age 75. [Source]
- I was disgusted and almost nauseous reading this interview with Penn State’s accused defensive coordinator Jerry Sandursky. [Source] Note: this contains disturbing content.
- Pippa Middleton is a single lady! [Source]
- Kendall Jenner got a range rover for her sweet sixteen. [Source]
- Emmanuel Alt will be the new editor-in-chief at French Vogue replacing Carine Roitfeld. [Source]
- Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise may ditch the Oscars next month because they were not impressed with host Anne Hathaway mocking Katie on Saturday Night Live. [Source]
- David and Victoria Beckham are expecting their fourth child! Let’s hope it’s a girl this time. [Source]
- First glance at Natalie Portman’s engagement ring. [Source]
- Donald Trump is running for President? [Source]
Model Coco Rocha recovered the unpublished picture from Vogue’s The September Issue. In the documentary, Grace Coddington loved the shot, but Anna Wintour didn’t. [Source]
In Seattle news…
- The indie “15th Ave Coffee and Tea” on 15th Ave has returned to its original Starbucks store. [Source]
In a few weeks, Carine Roitfeld will be resigning from her position as editor-in-chief of French Vogue to pursue personal projects. She has been the editor of the magazine for the past ten years and is responsible for transforming French Vogue into the strong and influential magazine that it is today.
“It’s 10 years that I’m editor of the magazine, I think it’s time to do something different,” Roitfeld told Cathy Horyn at the New York Times. “When everything is good, maybe I think it’s the time to do something else.”
Before becoming the editor-in-chief, Carine started out in the fashion industry as a model and then a stylist. There were rumors that she would also eventually take over the position of editor-in-chief of American Vogue replacing Anna Wintour, but it turns out she never had any plans to do so at all. Her replacement will be announced in a few weeks.