Beyonce and baby bey-z in Lanvin
Yay Neil Patrick Harris!!
– Hillary Duff and Mike Comrie just got married tonight in Santa Barbara. Hillary wore Vera Wang [of course.] Scans and pictures will be released Thursday by OK! Magazine, but we all hope it’s a little bit sooner. Question – why do people go to OK! Magazine – there are other magazines out there…better ones too…
– The Glee cast is pushing for a Michael Jackson episode. Haven’t they have enough? Madonna episode – Britney episode. I wish they would just go back to having non-themed episodes. [Source]
– Cheryl Cole will be keeping her last name as Cole and not going back to Tweedy. [Source]
– Joe Jonas has filed a lawsuit against Canadian entertainment blogger Zach Taylor for a posting that claimed Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato were “friends with benefits” [Source]
– Meet the Toronto version of Jersey Shore. Lake Shore. [Source] Because everyone wants to be the next Snooki and The Situation.
Drew Barrymore recently walked the red carpet for the Nylon Magazine/Express party this week in a vintage dress that cost her only $25. Don’t worry her Yves Saint Laurent “Tribute” pumps are $760. [Source]
in Alice + Olivia
** I first created this post over a year ago and since then a lot of the images have become broken so I decided to fix some and add more because this seemed to be a crowd favorite. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it off of the top posts list to the left. Enjoy!
– Project Runway will start up again on Lifetime beginning July 29th with just a couple of changes. Each episode will now run 90-minutes long and the “Bluefly Accessories Wall” will be replaced by the “Piperlime Accessories Wall”
– Congratulations Jenna Lyons on becoming the new President of J. Crew!
– Carey Mulligan will be on the cover of the October issue of Vogue while Halle Berry receives the coveted September issue cover.
– Last night Glee star Amber Riley sang the National Anthem at the All-Star Game. [Source]
– Victoria’s Secret Angel model Doutzen Kroes is three months pregnant w/ her first child. The father is her boyfriend DJ Sunnery James.
– Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem tied the knot secretly earlier this month.
– Craig Ferguson and wife Megan Cunningham-Wallace are expecting. He announced this via Twitter.
– Actress Keke Palmer graduated high school one year early and plans to attend Howard University in the future.
– Taylor Momsen is the face of Material Girl, a line launched by Madonna and her daughter Lourdes.
– Lindsay Lohan has claimed that she will “kill herself before she goes to jail.” [source]
– Kelly Osbourne has broken things off w/ her fiance Luke Worrall after discovering his unfaithfulness. [source]
– Cheryl Cole is recovering from from her Malaria, but has banned her Girls Aloud bandmates from visiting her in the hospital. [source]
– Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston are engaged and decided to hide it from Sarah Palin, but went to the press first. Hmm…
– Urban Outfitters launched a new jewelry collection today with designers that include: Archive, Erika Pena, BJ by Jules, Calourette, Dara Ettinger, Lizzie Fortunato Jewels, Species by the Thousands and Sabrina Dehoff. Check out the goods here
– Joan Ginter, a math professor from Texas has won the lottery four times. The chances of this happening are one in 18 septillion. 18 septillion is 18 with 24 zeroes behind it! She didn’t win small amounts of money either. “Ginther won $11 million in 1993, $2 million in 2006, $3 million in 2008 and $10 million last month.” She is one lucky lady… today she resides in Las Vegas! Can’t think of a better place for her to live than there. [source]
– Spencer Pratt attempted disguise himself in order to sneak into The Hills series finale event last night in Los Angeles. He would have definitely added an extra kick to the after-show had they actually let him in.
– Stella McCartney will design uniforms for the British athletes competing in the London 2012 Olympics after being named the creative director. [source]
In case you missed it, everyone hates Mel Gibson! This sign was spotted outside a gym in New Jersey.
In Capitol Hill news…
– Octo Sushi on 12th Ave [in the old Crave space] and Genki Sushi in the new Broadway Building are now open!
– So is Homegrown Sandwiches, my favorite organic, sandwich shop located in the Melrose Market.
– This Thursday, the Silver Cloud Inn will be debuting their new restaurant Jimmy’s on Broadway, which will be sort of like “a sports focused classy place that caters to the stadium crowd.” [Source]
– Awhile ago, I tried to make a visit to the local Jamba Juice at 1303 Madison when I discovered it was no longer there. I was sure that there had been a Jamba Juice there, but maybe I missed it by a block? Supposedly, it had been shut down unexpectedly. Now, Crêpan Crepe World, a Japanese-style crepe restaurant is moving in.
You will either love or hate this song. You’ll love it because it’s Cheryl Cole and apparently my stats tell me that you are a fan because the “I Like Your Style” feature post on her is always on top. You like her because she’s in the group Girls Aloud and is a judge on X-Factor, a show only in the UK and not… in America. Or you sympathize w/ her cause her husband Ashley Cole is a douche and cheated on her once again and she’s left him basically.
Reasons why you won’t like this song: The lyrics are clichey and when you listen to it you are reminded of those cheesy pop songs that people behind movies make up. You know they’re the ones in which the movie’s synopsis is about a budding pop star, someone that wants to make it into the music business, someone one that used to be in the music business and now wants a comeback. Seriously, it’s one of those. But other than that it’s very catchy.