Who: Chloe Sevigny
Where: Launch party for Absolut Elyx
I absolutely love this! I would’ve never thought to style it like this, but that’s why it’s so great.
It’s the biggest night in fashion of the year and for the past four years, we have been covering the annual Met Gala. This year’s theme was Punk: Chaos to Couture and the celebrities did it well. Here – Dakota Fanning looks phenomenal in Rodarte.
All photos by Style
Click the cut below for more amazing looks from your favorite celebrities, designers, and models.
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are covering Vogue’s second annual best dressed issue. The issue highlights the best in fashionable sisters including the Olsen twins, Kate and Pippa Middleton, Dakota and Elle Fanning and many more. [Source]
- Dakota Fanning’s ad for Marc Jacobs’ “Oh Lola” fragrance has been banned for being too sexual. [Source]
- In Chloe Sevigny’s recent cover shoot for Candy Magazine photographed by Terry Richardson, the two of them collaborated in…another way. [Source] Must be weird for Terry to make out with someone that completely looks like him.
- Girl Scout cookies as chap sticks flavors [Source]
- Alber Elbaz, the designer behind Lanvin, is writing a book. [Source]
-Dakota and Elle Fanning cover W. [Source]
- The lovely and talented Dia Frampton will be releasing her first debut album on December 6th. [Source]
- To celebrate Christmas at the Rockefeller Center, Tony Bennett, Justin Bieber, Michael Bublé, Cee Lo Green, Faith Hill, Carole King, Katharine McPhee, Javier Colon and The Radio City Rockettes will be performing for the live broadcast. [Source]
- Justin Bieber is definitely taking the paternity test in two weeks and Maury is trying to recruit him to be on his show when he reveals the results. [Source] I would love to hear Maury announce, “YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER!” or vice versa.
- An acoustic performance by Fun of “We Are Young” featuring Janelle Monae. [Source]
- EMI Music has been sold to Universal for $1.9 Billion. Sony bought out EMI Music Publishing for $2.2 Billion. [Source]
- Taylor Momsen’s band, The Pretty Reckless, will support Guns ‘N Roses on tour. [Source]
- Showtime has renewed Weeds for an eighth season. [Source] I can’t believe this show isn’t over yet.
- Billy Crystal will be hosting the Oscars this year replacing Eddie Murphy. [Source]
- Lifetime TV is planning a new reality series called “Starving Secrets” to highlight the effects of having an eating disorder. [Source]
- Breaking Dawn fans are camping out for the premiere of the movie in Los Angeles. [Source] Wow, that doesn’t sound like fun at all.
- The Chihuly Garden and Glass Exhibit will open next spring at the Seattle Center and will be the world’s largest Chihuly exhibit to ever exist. [Source] Above is a photograph of our Chihuly sculpture on campus in Pigott.
- Cupcake Royale has made Breaking Dawn cupcakes to celebrate the release. [Source]
- Meet Seattle’s most influential people of 2011. [Source]
- Seattle made the list for being the 8th shopaholic city. [Source]
- These are the worst action figures of Kate and Pippa Middleton I have ever seen. [Source]
- Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves are finally following in the footsteps of their previous characters and are dating! [Source]
- 25- year old Kyla Pratt (One-on-One, Proud Family) has a one-year old daughter. [Source]
- Ex-pornstar, Sasha Grey, read children’s book to elementary students yesterday and parents were not enthused. [Source]
- A 10-year old girl from Mexico gave birth to a baby boy in a 31-week pregnancy. [Source] OH MY GOD.
- A straight rugby player suffers a stroke and goes into a coma – wakes up gay and fabulous! [Source]
- I love this shot of Chloe Sevigny impersonating photographer, Terry Richardson, on the cover of Candy Magazine. [Source]
- Tom Ford will design the costumes for the next James Bond film. [Source]
- Sarah Jessica Parker is trying too hard with this hat. [Source]
- Prince and Nicki Minaj will perform at the H&M x Versace launch party. [Source]
- Levi’s suggests that we freeze our jeans instead of washing them. [Source]
- Kanye’s kilt causes a stir. [Source]
- Listen to The Flaming Lips‘ 24-hour song. [Source]
- Franz Ferdinand will return in 2012. [Source]
- Former Quadstock performer, Dan Deacon, has signed to indie label Domino. [Source]
- What the series finale of Greek could have looked like with this alternate ending. [Source]
- Lady Gaga will sit down w/ Katie Couric for a holiday special called, “A Very Gaga Thanksgiving.” [Source]
- FOX has decided to renew The X Factor for a second season. [Source]
- 60 Minutes’ Andy Rooney passed away last night at age 92. [Source]
- Is “Project X” our modern day “Can’t Hardly Wait?” Ehhh probably not.
- Could a “Bruce Lee Action Museum” be moving into the International District sometime soon? [Source]
- EMP’s Sound Off! entry deadline is Monday! [Source]
- Is anyone else aware of how many restaurants are popping up in Seattle recently? There’s way too many to count for me to post about all of them so just check out Seattle Met’s Nosh Pit blog for everything that you need and more.
- Seattle rock group, Visqueen, will be playing their last show ever on Saturday, Nov. 26 at the Neptune Theater. [Source]
- Beyonce and Jay-Z’s fetus is a girl! [Source]
- The New York Daily News decided to place a media ban on The Kardashians. [Source] I’ve only had to do that for Heidi and Spencer and Jon and Kate, but I adore the Kardashians too much.
- On a related note – Kendall Jenner is getting a Sweet Sixteen special on E! Not shocked. Still excited. [Source]
- Pippa Middleton is writing a book. [Source]
- Want your brown eyes to be blue? Want a laser to take care of that for you? [Source]
- One footballer decided to name his son “Trendy” because he loves Twitter. In the words of my friend Tina, “You F-A-I-L FAIL!” [Source]
François-Henri Pinault with Salma Hayek both in Alexander McQueen
There was an unbelievable amount of love for Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney at this year’s 2011 Met Ball. I think out of all the Met Ball’s I have seen, this one has provided the most looks that I have fallen in love with. Well done everyone.
This year’s theme was in tribute to the late designer Alexander McQueen as the museum debuted a new exhibition in his name. Since there were so many attendees this year, I decided to post only my favorite looks (and a few others) – don’t worry, it’s still pretty image heavy!
Where was Camilla Belle this year?
Who: Emma Roberts
Wearing: Julien Macdonald
Where: British Fashion Awards 2010
Who: Chloë Sevigny
Wearing: Louis Vuitton
Where: Los Angeles premiere of “Somewhere“