Something that really excites me about these posts every week (and I’ll only say it one time and one time only) is that if there is ever an inappropriate title, I will try to disguise it in the best way I know how. Now you know my secret! Some friends of mine have recently been telling me that these Thought Catalog roundups are a favorite of theirs on Yow Yow! because not only are they interesting reads written by 20-somethings, but they also help my friends find perspective in their own lives. And hey! They help me too so I’m glad that we are all mutually benefiting from this. Have a wonderful rest of your weekend everyone!
PS I also forgot to mention last week that when I select these posts, I also like to choose ones that are kind of controversial. You’ll know it when you read it!
To top everything off, Chris Brown is also a Frank Ocean hater.
“There’s a lot of strategies people try to use when they’re up for awards. You know? It’s the sympathy role.” Brown said. “I don’t have to go that route. I just do my music and do my thing. For [Ocean], it’s whatever.”
Please. just stop talking. I really think Chris Brown has no place to say something like this – that someone is getting the sympathy vote because of their sexual orientation. Frank Ocean is just better than you bro.
Joseph Gordon Levitt for Playboy Magazine [Source]
Condé Nast lets you play model in their new video game, Fashion Hazard, available on both iPhone and the iPad. [Source]
Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas puts her hair in the hands of celeb stylist Ted Gibson. [Source]
Spin Magazine has cancelled their Nov/Dec issue. [Source]
Record label, Fueled By Ramen, is raising money to support The Academy Is… band member Andrew Bishop Mrotek AKA The Butcher. Andrew was violently mugged at the end of July and has been in and out of the ER undergoing several surgeries. He is also without health care and FBR has said that any support that fans can provide will significantly help towards his bills. [Source]
Remember that brawl between Chris Brown and Drake not too long ago? The nightclub is allegedly suing them for $16 million. [Source]
Lady Gaga x Kendrick Lamar collaboration on the way! [Source]
The Jonas Brothers will come together again for a one-time concert. [Source] I want this.
TLC taps into a new reality “looking for love” show called “Secret Princes.” [Source]
ABC’s Revenge has decided to make a re-cast decision for Emily’s mentor, Satoshi Takeda. [Source]
Teen Mom’s Farrah Abraham released a new music video. Apparently, auto tune is her best friend. [Source] Too awful to actually post the video on my blog
ABC Family has cancelled “Jane By Design.” [Source]
NBC’s ‘Tonight Show’ has laid off 20 employees. [Source]
The city of Bremerton will re-name a street for Olympic gold medalist Nathan Adrian. [Source]
Amazon Local will begin delivering Capitol Hill’s Eltana bagels. [Source]
Lauren Conrad made a huge mistake by releasing a new DIY video on her YouTube account today that showed her slicing up Lemony Snicket’s Series of Unfortunate Events and turning it into a storage project. Fans of the series were not very happy and her video has since been deleted. [Source]
Top Chef Cruise 2013 [Source]
Could a men’s birth control be in the works? [Source]
On an important related note, this HelloGiggles post about why people shouldn’t be okay with Chris Brown performing at the Grammy’s is quite insightful. I’ve had a similar opinion for awhile, but usually when I talk about that I make jabs at his performance and the more obvious scandal. This writer, however, has got some pretty solid facts and it is worth reading. And not to start something controversial, but the reason why that HelloGiggles post is mentioned on Yow Yow is so we can avoid things like this. It’s important for all of us to remember that there’s a border between a play on words or a play off pop culture, but this is not one of those times. It’s not cute anymore especially when it involves Chris Brown. Typing things like this out as a tweet is not the same as feeling the same way or wanting to be in that situation. Not being able to tell the difference between these things frightens me and makes me fear for the safety of other young women that have this notion in their head that it is okay to say these things.
This morning, while watching The OC reruns on The Soap Network, I found Chris Brown playing a character opposite Willa Holland ie) Kaitlin Cooper.
I can’t get away from him! He would find a way to appear on one of my favorite retired shows…
This multitasking deserves some applause. Look at that huge stack of pancakes! Do you think that’s how many tries it took him to get it right?
Nomz pancakes – that’s all I really care about.
It’s been two years, but the UK is not letting the young singer off the hook.
Oh well, I’d like to see him take this to Twitter now. Only a matter of hours?
- This isn’t over yet?!
- Who are these Pre-VMA show hosts? So uncomfortably awkward. Please just bring back Suchin Pak and Tim Kash.
- Foster the People and Young the Giant, please gtfo MTV before the network eats you alive and makes you mainstream. Oh wait…
- Oh Gabe Saporta…I’ve still got a crush on you.
- Lady Gaga in the opening of the VMA’s. The look on Britney Spears, Adele and Justin Bieber’s face…priceless. Were her antics a little too much tonight?
- Congratulations Beyonce and Jay-Z who are expecting! One blog already think this might be a publicity stunt.
- I love Jay-Z.
- Miley, I don’t like your dress.
- Katy Perry – Too soon for that Kanye-Swift joke?
- Chachi Gonzales, I see you dancing in the Britney Spears tribute! How adorable were those little girls dancing in it?
- I loved Beyonce’s performance!
Favorite performances of the night:
- Perez Hilton calls Chris Brown out for his completely lip-synched performance. Whatever – everyone was thinking it! [Source]
- Jay-Z also did not clap for Chris Brown probably because he’s the one that discovered Rihanna. Way to go Jay – bit also, did anyone even understand that performance?
- For some reason, I wasn’t really feeling Jessie J tonight as the house band.
- Katie Holmes presenting video of the year…that’s random.
- The VMA’s didn’t have a host this year, but I think we saw way too much of Lady Gaga or her male counterpart. It almost got to the point of being too obnoxious for me and I think the organization of her presenting the award to Britney Spears was a little weird because her tribute was cut short when they both had to introduce Beyonce. There could have been a commercial break in there because Gaga awkwardly stole Britney’s thunder.