photo cred | Rolling Stone
Converse has unveiled a star lineup for their series “Three Artists, One Song” featuring Kimbra, Mark Foster (Foster the People,) and A-Trak. To download the song for yourself, click here.
It’s that time of the year again! Converse had just released a song from their collaborative project of three years that includes three artists working together to produce one song. Two years ago, Kid Cudi, Best Coast, and Vampire Weekend got together in the studio for the project’s debut and last year it was Matt & Kim, Andrew WK and Souljah Boy.
In 2012, Converse put together Gorillaz, Andre 3000, and James Murphy for a new track entitled, “Do Ya Thing.”
I can’t think of a better way to start off my Friday…
Wanna download the song for free instead of just streaming it? Visit the site.
- Psychologists have done a recent study in which they discovered that songs with sexual lyrics really do sell! [Source]
- Doug Franco, the father of James, Dave and Tom Franco has passed away. [Source]
- Critics gave Kanye’s first showing in Paris rough reviews. [Source]
- One of my favorite groups from the late 90′s – Garbage – will be releasing their new album in 2012. Yarp! [Source]
- Madonna may be performing at this year’s Super Bowl halftime show. [Source]
-NBC is officially pulling the plug on The Playboy Club after three episodes – really excited I never became invested in that. [Source]
-Blake Lively and Leonardo DiCaprio have officially split. [Source]
- Converse and Marimekko will collaborate on a holiday collection. [Source]
- Adele cancels US tour due to vocal illness again. [Source]
- Remember when we thought Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen’s $39,000 crocodile backpack would never sell? It did. In fact, it sold out. [Source]
- Kanye West took out “mother-effing loans” to snag the best models for his first show in Paris. Also…is he now dating Chanel Iman?! [Source]
- The news that Jason Wu would be collaborating with Target was JUST ANNOUNCED, but already a sketch has been released for a beautiful LBD inspired by style icon Audrey Hepburn! [Source]
- Seattle based Izilla Toys has gone out of business entirely. Two months ago, their store on 12th Ave had closed and today it was announced that they would be closing their Wallingford location as well. The 12th Ave spot will now be turned into a new burger bar called “Manhattan Drugs.” [Source]
- Could this be the end of The Simpsons? [Source]
- Garrett Michael Brown is the new Chef de Cuisine at one my favorite restaurants Oddfellows on the hill. Nomz. [Source]
- Capitol Hill’s two newest restaurants Altura on Broadway and Momiji on 12th Ave will open tomorrow! Oola Distillery will open on Thursday. Hurray for booming new eateries and…drinkeries on the hill! [Source]
Last year, Converse enlisted three musicians to collaborate together on a song and that song pretty much became the summer anthem of 2010. “All Summer” by Kid Cudi, Bethany Cosentino of Best Coast and Rostam Batmanglij of Vampire Weekend did a fantastic job. This year, Converse is bringing us yet another song called “I’m a Goner” by Andrew W.K., Matt & Kim and Soulja Boy.
Missoni and Converse have teamed up once again to bring to you their new kicks for fall. I love Missoni’s prints and I love how they have converted it into a Converse shoe because the look can be paired with just about anything. The shoes will be hitting the shelves in September and going for $200 a pop!
A few weeks ago, Kid Cudi, Bethany Cosentino of Best Coast and Rostam Batmanglij of Vampire Weekend released their new song “All Summer” for the Converse Three Artists One Song project. Last night, all three of them took the stage to perform it together for the first time at a show put on by Converse.
See anything bizarre about this picture? The girl with the outstretched arm actually tried to untie Cudi’s converse to get them right off his feet. Luckily, security stepped in to intervene! Girl goes after for what she wants – new kicks for her feet.
Converse is testing out their new project 3 Artists 1 Song bringing together three artists from three different genres to to write and record their own single.
So who was the first to be a part of this project?
Kid Cudi, Best Coasts’ Bethany Cosentino and from Vampire Weekend, Rostam Batmanglij. Their new single is entitled “All Summer.” Feel free to download this exclusive track for free here.
The ordinary Converse sneakers are receiving an updated look. Featuring a new tie-dye motif, the shoes will be sold in the Chuck Taylor Hi and Skidgrip Low models. Both will be available in the blue-gree and purple-orange.