I am usually months behind on posts by IMBOYCRAZY, but her “Blind Leading the Blind” series is by far one of my favorite things to read across almost all of the blogs I follow. Yes, her website would be deemed “inappropriate” by my parents, but that’s entertaining writing for you, right? Actually this Blind Leading the Blind post was one of the less racier ones I’ve seen, but even still – I’m sure people can find themselves offended by it. Alexi Wasser actually writes all of the posts in this series, but this one time she decided to let her friend Jarrett Grode write it up and it’s a pretty enjoyable read. What I love about this series is that Alexi basically says all the things we can’t come to terms with ourselves even though we’re totally thinking it or are guilty of doing these things. Yes, I am guilty. So what. So are you.
The Blind Leading The Blind (by Jarrett Grode):
1. Texting “here!” instead of calling when you’re outside to pick me up is just bizarre. If you want to avoid speaking to me that badly, don’t give me a ride.
2. You sound weak when you say “my dog loves me unconditionally.”
3. If your Facebook profile picture is anything other than a picture of you, it’s like saying you’re not interested in having sex with anyone on the site or couldn’t if you tried.
4. Here’s a mnemonic device so you don’t embarrass yourself by confusing astronomy and astrology: ASTRONomy ASTRONaut ASTROLogy IS NOT SCIENCE.
5. It’s okay when I call it the Jew York Times but you have to say Jewish.
6. Play it safe: NEVER TEXT DRUG DEALS without writing “jk” at the end.
7. An easy way to accurately determine someone’s height is ask then subtract an inch.
8. Don’t look down at people who try to meet people online. You’re online right now.
9. If you think Mad Men is boring DON’T ADMIT IT. (It means you’re stupid.)
10. If you want to possess the single most attractive quality anyone can have, be passionate about working hard at something you love doing. This will allow you to afford your own place, which is the single most attractive quality anyone can have.
To read more from IMBOYCRAZY, click here. Mom and Dad don’t click that link!