Demi Lovato – Without the Love
Sometimes we like our pop songs.
Sometimes we like our pop songs.
I already pretty much love Demi Lovato’s latest single “Give Your Heart A Break,” but I love it so much more now that my dear friend Matt Bekker is covering it. Matt has been in my life for nearly six years now as a great friend and a wonderful supporter of my endeavors. He is one of the most talented guys I know and I am so very proud of him. I cannot wait to see what he will come up with next.
Unfortunately, I’m a little behind on my news having not blogged consistently for the past couple of weeks, but this is the best I could do!
– Designer Tracy Feith will design for TOMS Shoes. The designer was known for his highly successful collection for Target. [Source]
– Vogue has announced that they will no longer be working with models under the age of 16 or models who look unhealthy. [Source]
– Justin Timberlake is still not returning to music because he’s too busy working on a design line for HomeMint. [Source]
– The Wanted’s latest track, “Chasing the Sun” will be used as the title track for Ice Age 4: Continental Drift. [Source]
– Earlier this week, a first-grader was suspended for singing the line “I’m sexy and I know it” from LMFAO’s latest song. [Source]
– Teen Wolf Season 2. It’s almost here. [Source]
– Will Jeopardy host, Alex Trabek, leave the show? I sure hope not. [Source]
– Britney Spears and Demi Lovato have joined The X Factor. [Source]
– The Jonas Brothers are getting a reality show on E! y’all! [Source]
– Twilight’s Kellan Lutz has just signed on to play Tarzan in the new animated film. [Source]
– And yet another trailer for The Amazing Spider Man.
– Outkast’s Andre 3000 will begin shooting for the Jimi Hendrix biopic next month. [Source]
– The Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF) lineup is up! [Source]
– A new Seattle spot is opening up and it is dedicated to one of my favorite desserts – the Molten Chocolate Cake. Hot Cakes Molten Chocolate Cakery will open up later on this month. [Source]
– Demi Moore has officially changed her Twitter handle. [Source]
– Jessica Simpson finally gave birth to a baby girl named Maxwell Drew Johnson.
– RIP to the Beastie Boys’ Adam “MCA” Youch. He passed away Friday at age 47 after battling cancer for two years.
– Kings of Leon’s Jared Followill has proposed to model Martha Patterson. The two have been dating for only a few months. [Source]
– SNL’s Taran Killam and HIMYM’s Cobie Smulders will marry this September. [Source]
I sometimes find it a little strange to admit, but even though I’m older than them in age – I still admire Disney stars like Demi Lovato or Selena Gomez. Personally, I don’t think I could ever be an actress because I’m a terrible liar and I have giggle fits at almost everything, but I admire them because they are both accomplishing so much at their age. It’s impressive and there’s no denying that. I’m a hopeless Disney Channel fan and so like many other young girls – when I found out that Demi Lovato was hurting and suffering from an eating disorder and self harming among other underlying issues at 18, I was shocked.
I think we can’t ever fully understand what it’s like to live that kind of fast paced lifestyle unless we have it. For years, when I was younger, I was confused at how celebrities could ever get involved so deep with these kinds of things when it seemed like they had everything. And I’ve come to the realization that it’s us that is to blame sometimes. We put celebrities and especially young role models on these pedestals and I suppose it doesn’t help that Disney paints these images of them as these characters. That’s all they are though – just…characters.
I feel for Demi though and I thought that the MTV special was beautifully done and painted her as not just a singer or an actress or a performer, but a human. In the last few weeks, there has been speculation that Demi has relapsed and has been in and out of rehab. Her camp denied these rumors, but who really knows? In tonight’s special, she didn’t admit to a full recovery, but allowing herself to share her story with others and being this vulnerable is yet another reason why I find her to be an inspiring role model – even if she didn’t ask for it and even if she never intended to be one in the first place.
Demi Lovato sat down with MTV correspondent Suchin Pak after the special.
– Kate Moss is the new face for Mango! [Source]
– The nominees for the 2012 Bloglovin’ Awards have been revealed. [Source]
– Alexa Chung will take on the role as creative director for Superga’s next campaign. [Source]
– Celine will not be showing at Fashion Week this year because Phoebe Philo is taking time off for her pregnancy. [Source]
– Victoria’s Secret is launching their new high-end lingerie line, “The Victoria’s Secret Designer Collection.” Some pieces were even featured in last year’s fashion show. [Source]
– Karl Lagerfeld’s capsule collection will debut tomorrow on Net-A-Porter. [Source]
– Prefix reveals their list of 100 Most Anticipated Albums for 2012! [Source]
– Katy Perry has launched a line of false eyelashes. [Source]
– iHeartRadio has chosen 14 colleges to represent their sponsored stations. Seattle is not on the list. [Source]
– 2012 exhibits at the EMP will include AC/DC and Jimi Hendrix. [Source]
– Jimmy Fallon is caught in a strange lawsuit involving female domination on his set. [Source]
– Summer Glau will join the cast of Grey’s Anatomy. [Source]
– ABC has ordered a pilot to reboot Beauty and the Beast. [Source]
– 2011 Sound Off! winners Tomten has just been signed to Flat Field Records. [Source]
– Everyone can breathe easy now – Everyday Music will be moving across the street in March where the Diamond Parking Service Garage currently lives. [Source]
– Sea-Tac Airport is partnering with PlayNetwork and the Seattle Music Commission to bring travelers in-terminal music. [Source]
– If you haven’t jumped on the bandwagon for Facebook’s new Timeline format, you better act soon or else Facebook will do it FOR you. [Source]
– Demi Lovato has checked into rehab once again reportedly for addictions to alcohol, drugs, and cocaine use. Get well soon Demi :( [Source]
– Demi Moore has also been rushed to the hospital earlier today for substance abuse. [Source]
– Paula Deen’s publicist has quit! [Source]
– Four couples in London broke the record for the world’s longest hug. Awwww! [Source]
– Vimeo is on the verge of relaunching their new website and some pretty snazzy features. [Source]
– Street style photographers Scott Schuman and Garance Dore are both expanding their blogs together. [Source]
– James Franco is on the cover of Flaunt’s latest issue baring his ASSets. [Source]
– Crooked teeth are so in. Go get them done. [Source]
– Kevin Richardson will perform with the Backstreet Boys again for a one-time performance. [Source]
– Maroon 5’s Adam Levine hates Fox News. A lot. [Source]
– MTV will air True Life: I’m Occupying Wall Street on Nov. 5th 6PM EST [Source]
– Paranormal Activity 3 set the world record for biggest horror movie debut this past weekend raking in $54 million at the box office. [Source]
– The Chocolate Box is planning a pop-up shop outside of Pacific Place for mid-fall. The Chocolate Box Express will open Nov. 12 for weekends and beginning Nov 25. daily. [Source]
– The Kardashians are expanding into home decor with their new trademarked name Kardashian Kollection Home. [Source]
– Lindsay Lohan will pose for Playboy for a reported $1 million. [Source]
– Lindsay Lohan arrived to court the other day with some pretty inflated cheeks. Reason for bloating? Apparently she got some dental work done and thank goodness cause her teeth were a wreck last week. [Source]
– Tony Romo and Candice Crawford are expecting. [Source]
– Actress Kaley Cuoco is engaged to boyfriend Josh ‘Lazie’ Reznik. [Source]
- Tara Reid confesses that she’s not actually married? [Source]
– The Oakland Police Department just went nuts on the locals participating in OccupyOakland by resorting to tear gas. [Source]
– Japan’s Burger King is launching a new promotion that allows customers to eat “All the Whoppers they can in 30 minutes.” For $11, you can eat to your heart’s content. If America launched this, we’d be in big trouble. [Source]
– Demi Lovato and Wilmer Valderrama are dating…again? He sure likes his barely legals. [Source]
- Amy Winehouse died unintentionally by consuming too much alcohol. [Source]
I was introduced to Demi Lovato as both an actress and a singer at the same time when I came across the Disney short series, As the Bell Rings, a few years back. One of her first albums “Here We Go Again” was the soundtrack to my summer just two years ago and even though I was older than the Disney stars then, I was still a fan of hers. If you think about it, it’s no different than girls I know who are Beliebers.
- Disney star, Brenda Song and Miley’s half-brother and former frontman of Metro Station, Trace Cyrus are …expecting. … Yikes. [Source]
– We learned that Miley’s “sex appeal will sell,” strategy was actually a flop. [Source]
– Lindsay Lohan debuted her newly injected and plumped face this weekend at Kim Kardashian’s wedding. She’s starting to transition smoothly into Cat Lady Jocelyn Wildenstein, right? Apparently, the 25-year old was trying to look 20, but instead aged to 50. Wait- why would anyone want to look 20?! [Source]
– Paris Hilton’s reality show was canceled. No surprise there. Remember when she walked out of her interview w/ Good Morning America because she was being grilled too hard and she felt like she was being attacked?
– The 11-year old departing actor who plays the son of Betty Draper on Mad Men had a few words of advice for the incoming actor taking over his role: “Be careful around January [Jones] … She’s not as approachable as the others. She’s really serious about what she does. Everyone else is so nice.” Today, actor John Slattery defended his co-star by saying that she was just a sweetheart playing an intimidating character. [1 2]
– Taylor Swift has purchased her family a new $2,500,000 house in Nashville, TN. [Source]
– I loved Demi’s last album, but the song titles seem kind of iffy… [Source]
***Oh geez, blogging these days has made me a bit bruta – ! Sorry!
And happy wedding day Kim Kardashian. Merr.