Our little Kimmie is filing for divorce from Kris Humphries after 72 days of marriage.
Welp. That’s unfortunate.
What a waste of a beautiful wedding!
When Giuliana Rancic sat down with Ann Curry this morning on the Today Show, we expected her to reveal that the IVF had worked and that she was indeed pregnant as she had always hoped. Unfortunately, Giuliana revealed to everyone that the IVF procedure had uncovered that she was diagnosed with breast cancer. The E! television host is married to first season apprentice winner Bill Rancic. The couple also have a popularity reality series on the Style Network called Giuliana and Bill, which follows them as they juggle both their home life, careers, and attempting to get pregnant. In the season finale, Giuliana and Bill made a third attempt to use IVF in Denver, Colorado after previously not succeeding with IVF the first time and suffering a miscarriage the second try.
Giuliana will undergo surgery later on this week followed by six weeks of radiation, but she still has high hopes in getting pregnant after all of this is over.
- Look at this random editorial with Chloe Moretz and Keanu Reeves for Harper’s Bazaar. [Source]
- Miranda Kerr will model a $2.5m bejeweled bra at next month’s Victoria’s Secret fashion show. [Source]
- Karl Lagerfeld shot Elizabeth Olsen in an exclusive photoshoot that will be featured in a new coffee table book. [Source]
- The Gap will close 189 locations by the end of 2013. I don’t like the sound of this… [Source]
-Adam Levine and model girlfriend Anne Vyalitsyna have gone nude for Russian Vogue’s November 2011 cover. There’s some weird Photoshop done to Adam Levine’s torso though…see for yourself! [Source]
- Rick Ross suffered multiple seizures today while flying. [Source]
- Taylor Swift has already recorded 25 songs for her next album. [Source]
- Fans of Justin Bieber reacted negatively after hearing how he kissed another girl while filming his new music video “Mistletoe.” Oh hmm I thought music videos were real life. [Source]
- Google is planning to open a music store. It is highly doubtful that it will be something better than iTunes, but who cares anyways because I just use Spotify. [Source]
- Pitchfork will introduce a new music festival to New York this February and will be run by Bowery. This will be the first festival, I believe, to kick off all other spring music festivals. [Source]
- ABC has cancelled Charlie’s Angels. I always wanted to catch an episode – guess I never will now! [Source]
- Casey Anthony will be the next person to be highlighted in E!’s True Hollywood Story. Since when was she considered Hollywood? [Source]
- The cast of the new season for Celebrity Apprentice has just been announced. [Source]
- HBO will be developing a one-hour long television series based on “The Kids Are All Right.” [Source]
- Beginning January 2012, Netflix will begin streaming CW shows. [Source]
- Plot details have been revealed for Taken 2. [Source]
- Harry Potter’s “Crabbe” is a mean guy in real life! [Source]
- Cam’ron and Queen Latifah are collaborating on a new film company. [Source]
- To celebrate University Village’s new Microsoft store opening, they are hosting a special event for the first 200 people to visit their store on Thursday, October 20th. Those 200 people will have the option of choosing a private performance from either The Black Keys or One Republic on Friday or Saturday respectively. [Source]
- Rumor has it that Starbucks will be unveiling a new line of cold pressed juices to sell in their stores. Um wut is a cold pressed juice. [Source]
- The incident of the tip stiffing that went down last weekend at Cha Cha’s has spiraled out of control. Turns out the guy that did it has a common name and everyone with his name is just getting the blame for it. The attempt at making one person look bad has actually backfired. [Source]
- 97 new restaurants have opened in Seattle in the last couple of weeks. The majority of them are on Capitol Hill. YES! [Source]
- Former Disney actress Brenda Song and former Metro Station frontman and Miley Cyrus’s brother Trace Cyrus are engaged. Spawn child here we come! [Source]
- Maxim names Paula Deen as the ‘Hottest Female TV Chef’ [Source]
- Hollywood homes have hit the market. [Source]
- Hilary Duff is having a baby boy. Even though she’s 24, she’ll always be Lizzie McGuire to me. [Source]
- Lindsay Lohan reportedly wants to have a baby by the end of next year. Yeah I don’t think things happen like that… [Source]
- The world is also terrified by her teeth. [Source]
- Georgetown University will be offering a new 3-credit course called “Sociology of Hip-Hop: Jay-Z.” [Source]
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck are having a boy. [Source]
- College admission officers are checking the Facebook profiles and other social media pages of their applicants. [Source]
E! Entertainment has been working on a new show about celebrity offspring trying to make it in the entertainment business. The trailer-reel above is the most painful thing I have had to watch all week. These kids have the biggest egos and have the worst lines. I know this is supposed to be a “reality” show, but something tells me that the poor acting is one indicator that it is not. The show features basketball star Doug Christie’s daughter who seems like a menace and Brian McKnight’s douche-baggy son. I just heard this morning though that his son “Brian McKnight Jr.” has pulled out of the show due to unwanted advances from another cast member. No word yet on if the show will have to start over on filming or resume. I hope they just cancel it.
The other day I was watching E! News when they featured this band called Atomic Tom performing live on a subway in New York City. I thought to myself, “This is pretty rad!” because I love hearing about live performances from bands when they are unexpected. I figured that this little gig was something similar to La blogotheque where they film mainstream musicians and bands performing in public places in Paris. I continued to watch the clip on E! News when something Ryan Seacrest had said caught my attention. Atomic Tom recently had all of their instruments stolen, so they were performing with their iPhones! It hadn’t even occurred to me that that was even going on. Immediately, their cool factor increased ten points.
Atomic Tom has now received over 2 million views for this video and have been getting lots of buzz! A tip for bands trying to “make it.” Think big.
I was watching E! this morning when the commercial for a new series caught my eye. Tall blondes that looked like they were made of 100% plastic were all I saw. It looked like another commercial for a new season of the Girls Next Door, but in fact it was for “Married to Rock.”
The show features four women began as groupies [so I'm assuming] and made their way to become the wives of four notable rock stars. Why so much attention on wives lately? We’ve already got shows like The Real Housewives of… and Basketball Wives so I guess I shouldn’t be all that surprised. I’ve always been a little bit interested in how rock stars find their significant others though. It wasn’t too long ago that I wrote a post about how my friends and I had a discussion about how most band members’ girlfriends were typically models.
The cast features Susan Holmes McKagan, married to former Guns N’ Roses bassist Duff McKagan, who joined and left Jane’s Addiction this year; Etty Farrell, whose husband is Jane’s Addiction frontman Perry Farrell; Josie Stevens, a model married to Billy Idol’s longtime guitarist Steve Stevens; and AJ Celi, who has been in a relationship with guitarist Billy Duffy of the Cult for the past three years.
Should be an interesting show…
- Glee actress Dianna Agron recently tested for the reboot of the new Spiderman starring Andrew Garfield.
- Pacific Coast News reported that they saw Miley Cyrus out last night at Voyeur Nightclub in Hollywood. The club is 21+ and themed around sex. Miley is 17.[Source]
- Jersey Shore’s Snooki was unable to find herself a gorilla juicehead on the most recent season of MTV’s Jersey Shore so the network will be giving Snooks her very own reality dating show. [Source]
- Fashion stylist to the stars Rachel Zoe may possibly be pregnant. If true, this news is coming in at a good time since she recently had a mutual breakup with assistant Brad Goreski and there has not been any word on whether or not her show The Rachel Zoe Project will be renewed. [Source]
- The Power Rangers are returning to the tube with Power Rangers Samurai! The site was recently launched this week and features the characters in the show. They finally cast an Asian actress for the part of the pink ranger and not the yellow ranger. [Source]
- After 13 years, Heidi Klum has decided to hang up her wings from Victoria’s Secret. [Source]
Baby Paris Hilton running away from Nancy Reagan. Oh the good ‘ol days…
- Rick Sanchez has been fired from CNN [Source]
- Kings of Leon will play three US tour dates in Boston, East Rutherford – New Jersey, and New York. [Source]
- The Rocket Summer will be releasing a new EP entitled Of Men and Angels: The B-Sides which will include five tracks that did not make the cut for Of Men and Angels released earlier this year. [Source]
E! host Giuliana and Bill Rancic have opened up about their miscarriage on The View for the first time. [Source]
ABC has already decided to cancel their new series “My Generation” after two episodes. [Source] That sucks… maybe that means Wren can finally come back to Pretty Little Liars.
In Seattle news…
- Cupcake Royale’s new cupcake of the month is pumpkin maple! [Source]
I caught the premiere last night online at MTV.com and when I sat down to finally write this review it was past my bedtime. I decided to let my thoughts on the show simmer overnight and this is what I have concluded.
Prior to watching the show, I had heard a lot of comparisons that Downtown Girls was similar to Sex and the City and The Hills. If you liked Sex and the City, this was good news to you. If you didn’t like the Hills, you weren’t looking for another wannabe.
I can safely say that it is a mix of the two. Downtown Girls features five established women in their mid-twenties who live in Manhattan. What I like about the show is that they have real jobs. Reality television lives up to its name. I have no idea if these women are getting paid for each episode they film unlike the actors on The Hills. [Yeah, I said it.] At least you’re not left wondering where they actually work and how they acquire all of their money when they do absolutely nothing. These women are beautiful, smart, and fun. They’re the type of women you want to be when you’re about 24-25. Correction: They live the life that I would like to live when I’m 24 or 25. Another question I’ve been wondering about is why this show is on MTV? Why this network? It seems more like something for Bravo or even E!
The show is funny, witty, and gets to the point quick. There are no dull moments. The best part doesn’t happen at the end and there are no awkward pauses and screen shots of just glances and shady looks like in The Hills.
I’ve also decided that MTV has been putting out a decent array of shows lately excluding 16 and Pregnant and The Hills franchise etc. Let’s hope they keep it up. I also believe that the best shows stick around for just one season. If there is more than one season, the shows start to become more rehearsed because everyone knows what to expect. This is true w/ Parental Control, The Hills, Real World, etc whereas the best shows that last for one season only are loved because they are fresh Rich Girls, The Paper, PoweR Girls, and Wanna Come In?
What do you think?
Last night, at my very own birthday party I turned to one of my friends and said, “It’s like I know you’re here, but I can’t even really see you.”
Interpret that as you will. People say weird things, but really I think that is what keeps our lives entertaining. Anyways, this week celebrities had the best quotes, therefore, I am sharing them with you.
“…Kurt Cobain is like my dream boyfriend.”
– Miley Cyrus
Really Miley? Really? How do you go from… Nick Jonas to Kurt Cobain? Are you just saying this to gain more fans? We know that’s not really your type…
I recently did a post about The Bling Ring’s Alexis Neiers AKA Klepto Rich Girl and her new show on E! called Pretty Wild. E! has released a clip from the episode, which is her mom and sister’s reaction to her getting put in jail.
“She’s so stupid!” – That’s the best part…and also Alexis’s sister Gabby is a FANTASTIC actress. Seriously, her talent is one of a kind. She’s even better than Speidi.
Pretty face. Innocent look. Non-alcoholic drink. The girl looks so carefree at the wheel. Oh how a Vanity Fair shoot can be deceiving…
She could have been an Ally Hilfiger with her own reality show (Rich Girls) or a spokesperson like Lily Collins.
It’s a little too late for that now seeing as how young Alexis is about to head straight into super stardom…behind bars that is.
Alexis was the daughter of a former playmate and the director of photography for hit television show, “Friends.” She could have had everything. In fact, she did have everything. She was the definition of a LA party girl. Creating a name for herself on the party scene, E! had offered her and her friend their own reality show titled, “Pretty Wild,” to be aired in March. However, that is all on hold now as she is a suspect in the celebrity burglaries of Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, and Rachel Bilson just to name a few. The very same ones we have been hearing about in the news. Alexis never acted alone, and she is no amateur, in fact they are professional enough to call themselves “The Bling Ring.”
“According to VF, the kids were accused of stealing $130,000 in clothes and jewelry from both Lohan and Bilson, for example. When cops arrived at Neiers’ home with a search warrant, they found a Marc Jacobs handbag allegedly belonging to Bilson and a Chanel necklace allegedly belonging to Lohan. Yet Neiers insisted to Vanity Fair, “I have receipts for everything.”
When asked how Alexis felt about this whole situation she responded, “I’m a firm believer in Karma, and I think this situation was attracted into my life because it was supposed to be a huge learning lesson for me to grow and expand as a spiritual human being. I see myself being like an Angelina Jolie but even stronger, pushing even harder for the universe and for peace and for the health of our planet. God didn’t give me these talents and looks to just sit around being a model or being famous. I want to lead a huge charity organization. I want to lead a country, for all I know.”
Yeah, good luck Alexis!
Because enough is enough and no one wants to talk about her for one day, (except for my one post on this blog today.)
E! declared August 4th as her day, so don’t expect to hear any ridiculous quotes or skeezy pictures.