Who: Kiernan Shipka
Where: ELLE’s Annual Women in Television Celebration
Who: Kiernan Shipka
Where: ELLE’s Annual Women in Television Celebration
The other day, Yow Yow! had the wonderful opportunity to interview the lovely freelance writer Molly Young and today she revealed to us all today that she had actually just done a recent profile on actor Zac Efron for Elle. Molly is notorious for her profiles and since I’ve never shared with you all any of her pieces before, I thought now was a better time than any.
Check out her profile on our former Disney heartthrob here.
Every time a new collection is released for Target, I immediately get excited. As much as I love and adore the pieces that come out in the collection, I already know in my head that I will most likely never make my way to a Target location to purchase a piece. In the years that I’ve been writing for Yow Yow and the years that Target has had these collaborations, I have never once called a collaboration piece my own.
This time will be no different, but that doesn’t mean we can’t pick our favorites still, right?
Prabal Gurung has always been one of my favorite designers mainly because his prints are absolutely exquisite and like nothing I’ve ever seen before. For fashion enthusiasts everywhere, this collection is going to be a big deal because it means snagging these prints for the best prices.
Here are my 5 picks:
all photos courtesy of Elle and prices and details of the entire collection can be found at the [Source]
One of my favorite style icons (next to Alexa Chung of course) has been named the Fashion Editor-At-Large at Glamour Magazine. Louise Roe, who is originally from across the pond, has been making a name for herself in the last couple of years first appearing on The City as Olivia Palermo’s “nemesis” at Elle and then as the host of her own CW makeover television series, Plain Jane. I actually really loved Plain Jane when I caught up with the show earlier this year, but it didn’t pick up that much steam over here in the states. I hear that is is pretty successful in the UK though.
Congratulations Louise! I can’t wait to see how you put your own spin on things over at Glamour.
To celebrate Elle Taiwan’s 20th anniversary, they decided to put this icon on their latest cover! She looks great, but for some reason this strangely reminds me of when Tyra Banks the doll turned into Tyra Banks the human in the old Lindsay Lohan movie – Life-Size. These things could be similar or just not related in any way at all.
- Fashionista explains while Elle has decided to select their Carey Mulligan cover photo after Vogue already did in 2010. [Source]
- The Vogue Archive has every Vogue issue available for viewing/reading from the last 120 years. Cost? $1,575/yr [Source]
- Pantone and Sephora will collaborate on a new line devoted to the color of the year – Tango Tangerine. [Source]
- Clemence Poesy is the new face of G-Star Raw. [Source]
- Janelle Monae will release two albums in 2012. CAN’T WAIT! [Source]
- Glee will do a Michael Jackson tribute episode. [Source]
- Get a head start on purchasing your Capitol Hill Block Party tickets now! AKA the best. weekend. ever.
- Coldplay will return to the Northwest in 2012. [Source]
- Former Seattle Sonics player, Gary Payton, will help Seattle get a basketball team back here in 2012. [Source]
- Eddie Bauer opens up a pop-up shop at Melrose Market. [Source]
- Lindsay Lohan’s “tasteful” Playboy cover has been revealed. [Source]
- Twitter is about to get a makeover. [Source]
- Shots have been fired at Virginia Tech’s campus and two people are confirmed dead. My thoughts are with everyone affected by this incident. [Source]
Starting at Noon today, H&M and Elle Magazine are allowing shoppers to purchase H&M items via Stylist. Since I’m not sure if this is EST or PST, let’s go ahead and assume that you can start shopping now. H&M’s actual e-commerce site will actually launch next spring, but for now, items from the featured four looks are up for grabs until they sell out.
If some of you are favorite are sold out then you can expect to see the full collection in stores in two days.
Check out the looks and make your purchases here.
Mila Kunis and Justin Timberlake look amazing in their featured editorial for Elle’s latest issue. I know Friends With Benefits has the same plot line as Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher’s No Strings Attached, but the trailer for this film came out first plus it even looks funnier. Check out the amazing shots below.
- Now everyone can look like Terry Richardson with these frames! umm too bad they’re $290. [Source]
- Joe Zee’s television series All on the Line has been picked up for a second season by Sundance. [Source]
- Did Urban Outfitters rip off an Etsy designer? [Source]
- Take a peak inside designer Erin Fetherston’s beautiful apartment. [Source]
- A Tribe Called Quest will be releasing their film in a number of theaters for several dates. [Source]
- Transformers 3 has released their soundtrack. [Source]
- Kanye West will perform a free show in Manhattan in June. [Source]
- Dom’s “Family of Love” EP will be released August 9th. [Source]
- P. Diddy has decided to change his name to “Swag.” Is that to indicate that he is free? Easy? I don’t know. [Source]
- Kerry Washington will be acting as “Olivia Pope” in ABC’s new series “Scandal.” [Source]
- MTV is footing a new pilot called “Married Young.” Stop it… just stop it. [Source]
- Scott Mccreery is the new American Idol. [Source]
- VH1 makes plans to bring back “Pop Up Video.” More music – less trashy reality television shows please! [Source]
-Ed Westwick will portray Tybalt in a new Romeo and Juliet film. [Source]
- Joan Jett paid a visit to the students of Scriber Lake High School who are all at risk of dropping out. Jett took this time to urge these students how important it was to earn a high school diploma and pursue their dreams. [Source]
- A new service in Seattle called “I Have Munchies” will cater to all of your late night needs. [Source]
- Seattle is one of the nation’s safest pedestrian cities in America. [Source]
- Tom Hanks gave the commencement speech to Yale’s Class of 2011. Students were encouraged to wear silly hats. [Source]
- Sofia Coppola and longtime boyfriend Thomas Mars (frontman of Phoenix) are getting married this summer. The couple have two kids together. [Source]
- In case you missed it, Kim Kardashian got engaged to Kris Humphries. [Source]
- Spiderman’s Andrew Garfield and Shannon Woodward have split. Not-so-secretly celebrating… [Source]
- The Kardashians need your help in deciding the title for their new novel. wut. [Source]
- The before and after shot of the damages left by the Joplin, Missouri tornado. [Source]
- Apparently it’s Asian Pacific American Heritage month so Buzzfeed rounded up a bunch of celebs that we may have not known were actually Asian. I didn’t know either of these things. [Source]
- A new study shows that those that immerse themselves in cultural activities ie) playing an instrument, attending concerts, taking trips to the art gallery – turn out to be healthier! [Source]
- Roughly 81% of the music in your iTunes library will never get played. [Source]
The City’s HBIC Erin Kaplan will be leaving her position as Head of PR at Elle Magazine to replace Eleanor Banco at Teen Vogue for the same position. [Source]
- Could Pac-Man be turned into a reality series? [Source]
- Bravo announces the return high-quality television series:
- Colin Firth receives his Hollywood Star [Source]
- Oprah reveals her biggest failure was starring in and producing the 1998 adaptation of Toni Morrison’s “Beloved.” [Source]
- “Touched By An Angel” actor John Dye has died at 47. [Source]
- If Orlando Bloom were to appear in “The Hobbit,” he would receive $1 million for a two-minute stint. [Source]
- Carey Mulligan will return to the stage this spring. [Source]
- America Ferrera will appear on “The Good Wife.” [Source]
- Disney pushing a Tron sequel? [Source]
- Backstreet Boy A.J. McLean has returned to rehab to sober up before the big NKOTB/Backstreet Boys tour. [Source]
- Taylor Swift – Back to December
- Etta James has been diagnosed with leukemia. [Source]
- Usher has canceled his OMG tour…again. [Source]
- Model Devon Aoki is engaged and pregnant. [Source]
- Christian Bale will not allow his daughter to pursue child acting. [Source]
- U.S. retailer Target will buy Canada’s Zellers for $1.8 billion, which means Canada will finally be getting their own Target. [Source]
- The first performers to be announced at the Grammy Awards this year will be nominees Arcade Fire, Eminem, Cee Lo Green, Lady Gaga, Miranda Lambert, and Katy Perry. [Source]
- Keira Knightley and Rupert Friend have split. [Source]
- Peter Fonda discovered a dead body in a car. [Source]
- Gucci Mane had an ice cream cone tattooed on his face. [Source]
“The Rose Boy” is at it again! [Source]
- Selma Blair is pregnant w/ fashion designer boyfriend Jason Bleick. [Source]
- Miranda Kerr and Orlando Bloom have been having a hard time naming their son. [Source]
- Kristen Stewart is on the cover of the February issue of Vogue looking awkward as always! [Source]
- Gwen Stefani is the new face of L’Oreal. [Source]
- The Kardashian sisters will launch the Kardashian Kollection at Sears. [Source]
- That same Miu Miu applique dress has landed yet another cover for August making its appearance total to four covers this month. It really is one great dress… [source]
- The boys of Glee will co-host the Teen Choice Awards with Miss Katy Perry next month.
- Justin Timberlake’s William Rast Collection will collaborate with Target’s Go Fashion line to bring affordable denim to both fans and customers. Pieces are likely to range from $15-$80. [source]
- Jimmy Fallon is accused of sexual discrimination because of his preference with who he wants to work with. [source]
- Mel Gibson continues to be disgusting so Leonardo DiCaprio has decided to pull out of an upcoming film with him. Good choice Leo! [Source]
- Who is set to be more “present” on next season’s Glee? Click here to see!
John Legend and The Roots are releasing a new album! Check out the tracklisting here
- Jennifer Lopez will be replacing Ellen DeGeneres on American Idol next season. [Source]
Huge crush on Neil Patrick Harris
GQ introduces pantless Saturdays including Michael Cera and his Scott Pilgrim costars. NSFW or SFW at your own discretion. [Source]
- Zac Efron visited a strip club in New York and it was a BIG deal you guys. [source]
- Kanye West has got a Twitter account now y’all! Follow him here
- Another Victoria’s Secret model has let slip that Miranda Kerr may be pregnant? Maybe that’s why her and Orlando Bloom got married one month after announcing their engagement.
- W Magazine is pulling a “September Issue” and will be filming a documentary on the release of their September issue. Copycatters of Vogue much? [Source]
- Taylor Momsen has got an official album cover.
- Naomi Watts is the new face of Ann Taylor [Source]
in random news from The Daily What
The poor kid didn’t get to see any of his favorite animals at the zoo because all of the girls wanted to see “gentle animals.”
Awesome street art from Warsaw
The world’s oldest Twitter user passed away today at age 104. [source]
In Seattle news…
- The Picasso will be at the Seattle Art Museum this October. Find out more about how to get tickets here
- The Block Party has come and gone, now you can start making your schedule for Bumbershoot hour-by-hour here
The Grassroots production continues to take over Capitol Hill and it is awesome. [Source]