We can’t wait to see The Bling Ring and Emma Watson being the HBIC of course. Nicely done. Keep doing you.
It’s the biggest night in fashion of the year and for the past four years, we have been covering the annual Met Gala. This year’s theme was Punk: Chaos to Couture and the celebrities did it well. Here – Dakota Fanning looks phenomenal in Rodarte.
All photos by Style
Click the cut below for more amazing looks from your favorite celebrities, designers, and models.
Emma Watson, could you be any more of a HBIC?
I know this film is getting a lot of buzz because it stars Emma Watson and is directed by the lovely Sofia Coppola, but they literally just made this movie on Lifetime like two years ago. Who cares though, right? I’m sure everyone will be watching this one. It’s Hermione!
The “Boy Meets World” reboot “Girl Meets World” has some follow-up details! [Source] Hey Veronica, I know you’ve been wanting to learn more about this.
Emma Watson met her long-time friend as a child on Halloween and this is what the caption read:
Capitol Hill Seattle blog featured one of my favorite shops today – Remedy Teas [Source]
32 Signs You’re Living in a Hipster Apartment… now how do I get my apartment this hipster?
Searching the actress’s name means you have a one-in-eight chance of stumbling upon a malicious site. These sites are used to trick users into downloading malicious software or stealing your personal information.
YIKES, bro. Don’t do it.
Who: Emma Watson
Wearing: Peter Pilotto
Where: 2012 MTV Video Music Awards
- Supermodel Agyness Deyn came forward earlier this week to announce that she is 29-years old, which is six years older than the age stated on her CV. [Source]
- Stefano Pilati has “left the YSL building.” Pilati has been the creative director over at YSL since 2004. [Source]
- Bethany Cosentino of Best Coast is designing a line for Urban Outfitters. [Source]
- Glee’s Idina Menzel will be going on tour. [Source]
- Warner Music has launched a YouTube channel. [Source]
- Despicable Me 2 teaser trailer
- Emma Watson will star in Sofia Coppola’s new film titled, “The Bling Ring” about a group of fashion-obsessed teenagers who break into the homes of celebrities and eventually get caught. It’s inspired by a true story…and Lifetime already did it…last year. [Source]
- Lindsay will make her 239479th comeback this weekend when she hosts Saturday Night Live.
- Jennifer Love Hewitt turned her Lifetime movie, The Client List into Lifetime television series, The Client List. [Source]
- Bristol Palin is getting a docuseries on Lifetime. “This show will reveal the real Bristol Palin and her journey as a daughter, a mother and a young woman making her way in the world.” Um…what?!
- Meet the newest contestants for Dancing With the Stars. [Source]
- Casting has begun for the new CW Sex and the City prequel pilot, The Carrie Diaries, and it looks like AnnaSophia Robb will play a young Carrie. [Source]
- Oprah Winfrey will interview the late Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown’s daughter Bobbi Kristina exclusively, which will air on Sunday, March 11th at 9PM on OWN. [Source]
- Top Pot Doughnuts are headed to Bellevue Square. [Source]
- Capitol Hill’s Molly Moon’s is taking over the old Flora & Henri shop to create a Willy Wonka-esque “kitchen on display” that will highlight their specialty ice cream and signature cones being made. The space is set to open in the summer. [Source]
- Skillet will call the Seattle Center home. [Source]
- EMP’s Sound Off! finals are tomorrow night and we’ve got a Seattle University band in the running: Feet. Check out the rest of the acts here. I like these guys a lot!
- Jan Berenstain passed away this week at 88. This one was my favorite because I went through a phase as a kid where I loved seeing pictures of illustrated food/candy. I kid you not, another one of my favorite books was a children’s book on the affects of diabetes.
- Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose are now engaged! The couple have been dating for over a year. [Source]
- Ke$ha turned 25 and Justin Bieber turned 18 this week.
- US Weekly shows the evolution of Lindsay Lohan’s face and it ain’t pretty. [Source]
- Lea Michele and Cory Monteith – romantically involved? US Weekly believes so. [Source]
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner have announced the birth of their newborn son, Samuel Garner Affleck. [Source]
- …and Snooki is preggers. [Source]
- Lamar Odom has been dropped by the Dallas Mavericks and has been sent down to the NBA Development League. OH NO!! POOR LAM LAM :( [Source]
- Actress Kaley Cuoco has called off her engagement to Josh Resnik. [Source]
- Natalie Portman had a secret wedding and is already married to Benjamin Millipied. [Source]
During Finals Week, I was unable to keep up with these “In the News…” posts so some of these bits are from two weeks ago. From here on out though, everything will be pretty current.
- Giambattista Valli will design for Macy’s. [Source]
- Hamish Bowles is writing an autobiography. [Source]
- Gary Time has officially launched! [Source]
- Jessica and Ashlee Simpson will collaborate on tween clothing line. [Source]
- Dakota Fanning is the new face of Marc Jacobs’ “Oh Lola!” [Source]
- Coachella is turning into a multi-weekend event! [Source]
- Adele has canceled the rest of her North American tour due to sickness. [Source]
- MTV has cancelled Skins. Sad day. [Source]
- Fear Factor is returning to NBC. [Source]
- Jane Lynch will host the Emmys. [Source]
- Katie Couric is launching a talk show on ABC next fall. [Source]
- There has been talk of a US remake for the UK hit show “Misfits.” [Source]
- MTV will film their next season of Real World in San Diego. [Source]
- Blur Seattle has created the HappyButts project to encourage smokers to toss their used cigarettes in these designated cans and not the streets of Capitol Hill. [Source]
- “Human Barbie” Sarah Burge who has had $800,000 worth of surgery recently purchased a voucher for breast implants for her 7-year old daughter to redeem when she is 16. [Source]
- The ridiculous family that started the whole Balloon Boy incident last year has decided to auction off their enormous balloon in order to raise money for the Japan relief. The price is currently set at $1m. Okay, you’ve redeemed yourself a little bit. [Source]
- Scarlett Johansson and Sean Penn are no longer dating. [Source]
- Shaq announces retirement after 19 years in the NBA. [Source]
- Ed Norton is engaged. [Source]
- Nikki Reed is engaged to American Idol contestant Paul McDonald. [Source]
- Jack White and Karen Elson are throwing a divorce party. [Source]
- The creator of Mad Libs, Leonard B. Stern, has passed away at 88. [Source]
- This fall, Emma Watson will resume her college education by attending Oxford University. [Source]
- Lily Allen got married today. [Source]