Diane Kruger in Valentino
What is sometimes better than the Oscars red carpet, themselves? The second outfits worn to the after parties directly after the award show. We’ve got your roundup!
Can you believe that this (top photo) Vanity Fair cover is 10 years old?! Oh how things have changed with our teen queens. A clever reader of my favorite gossip blog, Ohnotheydidnt, recreated the bottom cover to reflect where these stars are now 10 years later and well – we can definitely say that it certainly isn’t as pretty. We’re talking about you Amanada Bynes!
Ten years ago, Vanity Fair put nine “teen girl stars” on its cover — fresh-faced and talented, these young women were ready to take over Hollywood (and maybe the world). From left to right, Amanda Bynes, Mary-Kate and Alshey Olsen, Mandy Moore, Hilary Duff, Alexis Bledel, Evan Rachel Wood, Raven-Symoné, and Lindsay Lohan filled a fold-out cover spread for the magazine’s June issue.
- Nicki Minaj’s hairstylist quits. [Source]
- It was Marc Jacobs’s psychiatrist that advised him to turn down the Dior gig. [Source]
- A song about Harry Styles is on its way y’all! [Source]
- Ke$ha was paid just $1.63 to write a song for Miley Cyrus. Yes, that’s $1.63… 63 cents. [Source]
- Jurassic Park 4 will be released June 13, 2014. [Source]
- Disney’s The Hunchback of Notre Dame may hit Broadway. [Source]
- Pirates of the Caribbean, really? [Source]
- Tina Fey on Twitter.
- Britney has not only split with fiance Jason Trawick, but has also given back his $90K engagement ring. [Source]
- Facebook is considering adding a fee to send messages to people that you are not connected with for a whopping $100. [Source]
- Crystal Harris signed a pretty serious Prenup before marrying Hugh Hefner. UM HOBviously. [Source]
- Do we like this new portrait of Kate Middleton revealed yesterday? Apparently, no one does. [Source]
- Jennifer Lawrence and actor Nicholas Hoult split. [Source]
- Evan Rachel Wood and Jamie Bell are expecting their first child. [Source] Luckily that Marilyn Manson thing was just a phase…
- Reddit Co-Founder and Digital Activist Aaron Swartz has committed suicide. [Source]
- Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis are engaged! [Source]
Charlize Theron in Dior completely gets Yow Yow’s stamp of approval for being the best dressed on the red carpet last night. There was a whole lot of cream and ivory, but gosh the simplicity and elegance of this gown made me melt. The headband was also what sealed the deal for me.
- Kate Moss has married rocker James Hince wearing a YSL wedding gown. [Source]
- Justice releases the title of the tracks for their new album. [Source]
- Paul McCartney has been named the best live act. [Source]
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers has been hospitalized after a suicide attempt. [Source]
- Macho Man Randy Savage has died from a bad heart. [Source]
- Chris Colfer will star in the indie flick that he wrote himself. [Source]
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen launched their new line Stylemint yesterday. [Source]
- Ryan Adams and Mandy Moore have recorded a song together. [Source]
-What if you had $1 million dollars in your bank account? [Source]
- Denise Richards has adopted a little girl. [Source]
- Lenny Kravitz and his cellphone. [Source]
Eight-inch Louboutins that are an emergency room visit waiting to happen. [Source]
- Elle Fanning poses for Marc Jacobs’ new fall 2011 campaign [Source]
- Whatever happened to being just single or in a relationship? Check out these modern-day terms for relationship statuses. [Source]
- Vinny has left the Jersey Shore house in Italy and the show mid-production, but is it for good? [Source]
- A schoolgirl was suspended from school after she dyed her hair to look like her icon Rihanna. [Source]
- Maria Shriver has officially filed for divorce from Arnold Schwarzenegger. [Source]
- Chord Overstreet will not be a Glee regular next season, but Darren Criss and Henry Shum Jr. will be. [Source]
- The divorce between Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson has been finalized. [Source]
- Jamie Bell and Evan Rachel Wood are back on again…sew jealouz. [Source]
- Could the NBA be cancelled next year? [Source]
- The University of Washington has increased their tuition by 20% – its highest increase ever! [Source]
François-Henri Pinault with Salma Hayek both in Alexander McQueen
There was an unbelievable amount of love for Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney at this year’s 2011 Met Ball. I think out of all the Met Ball’s I have seen, this one has provided the most looks that I have fallen in love with. Well done everyone.
This year’s theme was in tribute to the late designer Alexander McQueen as the museum debuted a new exhibition in his name. Since there were so many attendees this year, I decided to post only my favorite looks (and a few others) – don’t worry, it’s still pretty image heavy!
Where was Camilla Belle this year?
- To celebrate the new Playboy club in London, Marchesa designer Georgina Chapman has created an updated version of the Playboy bunny suit. [Source]
- Designer Tory Burch has launched a new Tumblr showcasing her favorite people, places, and interests. Visit Torypedia.
- Lauren Bush and Judith Leiber have collaborated together in designing the FEED evening clutch.
“The clutch retails for $495, far less than many of Leiber’s more elaborately bejeweled minaudières, and $250 from every bag sold will go to supporting global food-supply programs. In fact, each sale will provide 1,000 school meals for children in need, the largest amount yet associated with one of FEED’s products.” [Source]
- Angelina Jolie is the new face of Louis Vuitton. [Source]
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are debuting a new optical line. [Source]
- Above is the cover art for Bon Iver’s newest self-titled album due out June 21st, 2011. Tracklisting at the…[Source]
- Taylor Swift has bought herself an LA mansion. [Source]
- TV on the Radio bassist Gerard Smith has passed away after losing his battle with leukemia. [Source]
- Kanye West’s charity has closed. [Source]
- Ashley Fink and the Dalton Academy Warblers will also join New Directions on the Glee tour this summer. [Source]
- Detroit’s Movement Electronic Music Festival has released their lineup. [Source]
- Author James Frey will return to Oprah’s talk show in one of her last episodes to discuss his new book “The Final Testament of the Holy Bible” after she ripped him a new one five years ago for his book “A Million Little Pieces.” [Source]
- Chris Colfer has sold a pilot to the Disney Channel called The Little Leftover Witch. [Source]
- Justin Timberlake will host the May 21 season finale of Saturday Night Live with Lady Gaga as the musical guest. [Source] Stacked lineup.
- Demi Lovato has decided to leave her role on Disney’s “Sonny With a Chance” after receiving treatment for her eating disorder and bipolar disorder. She will continue to focus on her music career. [Source]
- Scream 4 actors Emma Roberts and Rory Culkin grace Nylon’s May 2011 Young Hollywood issue. [Source]
- Marion Cotillard will play Miranda Tate in “The Dark Night Rises” and Joseph Gordon-Levitt will play John Blake, a police officer. [Source]
- Bellevue Square prepares for Forever 21′s arrival. [Source]
- Capitol Hill will be the first location for the new morning parking meters for the late night parties. [Source]
- James Franco has been accepted into the University of Houston’s Creative Writing Program. [Source] Just stop it…
- Not everyone can tweet like Zooey Deschanel can. [Source]
- Jane Krakowski has given birth to a son. [Source]
- Meet TIME Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People of 2011. [Source]
- Didn’t watch your language on the court? MAKE A PSA! Nice Kobe. [Source]
- There is a new laser treatment called Axilase that will help you reduce your amount of sweat. [Source]
- Evan Rachel Wood admits to being bisexual. [Source]
- Project Runway is back! Here’s the trailer for the 7th season:
- Marilyn Manson has proposed to girlfriend Evan Rachel Wood.
- Russell Brand and Katy Perry are also supposedly engaged.
- Taylor Lautner is now the highest paid teenage actor in Hollywood.
- Mischa Barton will make an appearance in Law & Order SVU as a hooker in March.
- ESPN and the Discovery Channel will be the trendsetters of 2010 when they test out the idea of having a 3-D channel. Source
- Gary Coleman was taken to the hospital this morning…story still pending.
- Brooke Shields encourages the young Smiley Cyrus to go to college after hearing of her plans to skip it.
- Marc Jacobs and long time boyfriend Lorenzo Martone tied the knot in St. Barts over the holidays! possibly…
- Yao Ming is going to be a father!
- Michael Cera wanted to spend the entire day hanging out w/ the Jersey Shore cast… why?
- Laurie Ann Gibson (Making the Band) will choreograph Lady Gaga’s music video for “Telephone.”
- Barack Obama has appointed Amanda Smith, a transgendered woman, to the Commerce Department. She’s not the first to have a government post, but she also ran unsuccessfully for the Arizona House of Representatives and was a delegate for then-Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-NY, to the Democratic National Convention in 2008 Source
- Martin Lawrence is producing a new comedy called “Love That Girl!” for black viewers which will be premiering on the cable network station TV One. Source
- Vince Vaughn married girlfriend Kyla Weber.
- Casey Johnson heiress to founder of Johnson & Johnson fell into a diabetic coma over the weekend, but later passed away. She was engaged to Tila Nguyen… yeah.
Brittny Gastineau – Boho sheek. On a scale of 1-5: 4
Sorry for the watermarks! these were the best I could find, source: getty