Rooney Mara with Francisco Costa wearing a Calvin Klein Collection dress
[Joan Smalls w/ Michael Kors and wearing his design]
So we’re a little overdue for a recap post on the CFDA Fashion Awards, but I didn’t want to go on without making a post about it. Every year some of the greatest designers are highlighted along with the best in fashion and some of the most beautiful gowns. Enjoy!
All photos are from Style.com
I’ve got a guilty mainstream artist crush on Gabe Saporta of Cobra Starship.
I just caught myself blushing at his performance on Jay Leno. I always am left wondering how he looks so good in all of his performances, but I realized it’s because Sabi (the girl that sings in the song w/ him) just isn’t a very good performer.
He is dating Erin Fetherston. Hipster musicians… I can’t help it. My life is embarrassing.
- This isn’t over yet?!
- Who are these Pre-VMA show hosts? So uncomfortably awkward. Please just bring back Suchin Pak and Tim Kash.
- Foster the People and Young the Giant, please gtfo MTV before the network eats you alive and makes you mainstream. Oh wait…
- Oh Gabe Saporta…I’ve still got a crush on you.
- Lady Gaga in the opening of the VMA’s. The look on Britney Spears, Adele and Justin Bieber’s face…priceless. Were her antics a little too much tonight?
- Congratulations Beyonce and Jay-Z who are expecting! One blog already think this might be a publicity stunt.
- I love Jay-Z.
- Miley, I don’t like your dress.
- Katy Perry – Too soon for that Kanye-Swift joke?
- Chachi Gonzales, I see you dancing in the Britney Spears tribute! How adorable were those little girls dancing in it?
- I loved Beyonce’s performance!
Favorite performances of the night:
- Perez Hilton calls Chris Brown out for his completely lip-synched performance. Whatever – everyone was thinking it! [Source]
- Jay-Z also did not clap for Chris Brown probably because he’s the one that discovered Rihanna. Way to go Jay – bit also, did anyone even understand that performance?
- For some reason, I wasn’t really feeling Jessie J tonight as the house band.
- Katie Holmes presenting video of the year…that’s random.
- The VMA’s didn’t have a host this year, but I think we saw way too much of Lady Gaga or her male counterpart. It almost got to the point of being too obnoxious for me and I think the organization of her presenting the award to Britney Spears was a little weird because her tribute was cut short when they both had to introduce Beyonce. There could have been a commercial break in there because Gaga awkwardly stole Britney’s thunder.