- (10) episodes of Suits
- (3) episodes of Glee
- (2) episodes of Revenge
- (2) episodes of Dance Moms Miami
- (4) episodes of Victorious
- (4 ) episodes of Giuliana and Bill
Real talk here – everyone fell in love with The Wanted when we heard the Warblers cover their song, “Glad You Came,” on Glee. How that show manages to have so much power amazes me. The song is now everywhere. EVERYWHERE. But I ain’t hating – the song is catchy and the guys in the group are OH SO CHARMING. Think I’m wrong? Watch them perform the song on Ellen and prepare to blush so hard blush so hard.
Also did anyone notice that every band member sings? Our boy bands from the 90′s have got nothing on them. I know I’m calling you out J-tim, but sorry I’m not sorry.
- Supermodel Agyness Deyn came forward earlier this week to announce that she is 29-years old, which is six years older than the age stated on her CV. [Source]
- Stefano Pilati has “left the YSL building.” Pilati has been the creative director over at YSL since 2004. [Source]
- Bethany Cosentino of Best Coast is designing a line for Urban Outfitters. [Source]
- Glee’s Idina Menzel will be going on tour. [Source]
- Warner Music has launched a YouTube channel. [Source]
- Despicable Me 2 teaser trailer
- Emma Watson will star in Sofia Coppola’s new film titled, “The Bling Ring” about a group of fashion-obsessed teenagers who break into the homes of celebrities and eventually get caught. It’s inspired by a true story…and Lifetime already did it…last year. [Source]
- Lindsay will make her 239479th comeback this weekend when she hosts Saturday Night Live.
- Jennifer Love Hewitt turned her Lifetime movie, The Client List into Lifetime television series, The Client List. [Source]
- Bristol Palin is getting a docuseries on Lifetime. “This show will reveal the real Bristol Palin and her journey as a daughter, a mother and a young woman making her way in the world.” Um…what?!
- Meet the newest contestants for Dancing With the Stars. [Source]
- Casting has begun for the new CW Sex and the City prequel pilot, The Carrie Diaries, and it looks like AnnaSophia Robb will play a young Carrie. [Source]
- Oprah Winfrey will interview the late Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown’s daughter Bobbi Kristina exclusively, which will air on Sunday, March 11th at 9PM on OWN. [Source]
- Top Pot Doughnuts are headed to Bellevue Square. [Source]
- Capitol Hill’s Molly Moon’s is taking over the old Flora & Henri shop to create a Willy Wonka-esque “kitchen on display” that will highlight their specialty ice cream and signature cones being made. The space is set to open in the summer. [Source]
- Skillet will call the Seattle Center home. [Source]
- EMP’s Sound Off! finals are tomorrow night and we’ve got a Seattle University band in the running: Feet. Check out the rest of the acts here. I like these guys a lot!
- Jan Berenstain passed away this week at 88. This one was my favorite because I went through a phase as a kid where I loved seeing pictures of illustrated food/candy. I kid you not, another one of my favorite books was a children’s book on the affects of diabetes.
- Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose are now engaged! The couple have been dating for over a year. [Source]
- Ke$ha turned 25 and Justin Bieber turned 18 this week.
- US Weekly shows the evolution of Lindsay Lohan’s face and it ain’t pretty. [Source]
- Lea Michele and Cory Monteith – romantically involved? US Weekly believes so. [Source]
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner have announced the birth of their newborn son, Samuel Garner Affleck. [Source]
- …and Snooki is preggers. [Source]
- Lamar Odom has been dropped by the Dallas Mavericks and has been sent down to the NBA Development League. OH NO!! POOR LAM LAM :( [Source]
- Actress Kaley Cuoco has called off her engagement to Josh Resnik. [Source]
- Natalie Portman had a secret wedding and is already married to Benjamin Millipied. [Source]
Alright, who watched the winter finale of Glee tonight? Every now and then, I like to mix it up with the Song of the Day as I’m sure you all get tired of the typical indie/hipster music I always provide.
Also, you may have noticed that I went HAM on posting tonight for Yow Yow! We’re nearing the end of the quarter soon which means a heavier workload! That means the only time for me to post will be in the evenings (or early morning if you will – what up 1:30 AM) because I need the time for when people are normally awake to do actual work. School work takes precedence over blogging HOBviously.
Have a great day everyone!
As if he wasn’t talented enough gracing us with his voice on the hit television series Glee, Chris Colfer can now add children’s book author to his resume. On July 17th, The Land of Stories, will be released including illustrations by Brandon Dorman.
Described as a “modern-day fairy tale,” the book will focus on twins Alex and Conner, who leave the real world behind and find themselves in a land where they come face-to-face with the fairy-tale characters — witches, goblins, trolls — they’ve always read about. Colfer says the book’s illustrator “made every detail come to life.
This is beyond precious. I can’t wait to start my own collection of children’s books someday including some of my very favorites from when I was a child. Growing up kind of makes you miss it.
- A first look at the Jason Wu for Target campaign! The collection debuts February 5, 2012. Is anyone else as excited as I am?! [Source]
- Vera Wang will hit the ice and show off her skills on April 2nd as an honored guest by Figure Skating in Harlem. [Source]
- Indie singer Lana Del Rey has scored a modeling contract. [Source]
- The Black Keys cover the Rolling Stones’ newest issue. [Source]
- The Killers will release a new album in 2012. I still just love Hot Fuss. [Source]
- The Kardashians are hoping to launch a tabloid – just won’t quit building themselves up. [Source]
- Tim Gunn receives a daytime talk show. [Source]
- Contestants for Celebrity Apprentice have been revealed. Clay Aiken! [Source]
- Twilight will become a Broadway musical for one night on January 16. Proceeds from the event will go directly to charity Blessings in a Backpack. [Source]
- Apparently, the QFC on Broadway skipped three months ahead to Easter even passing on Valentine’s Day. [Source]
- Christine Gregoire will introduce a new bill to legalize gay marriage in Washington state. [Source]
- Michelle Bachman has officially ended her presidential bid. [Source]
- Rumored Britney Spears is shopping for a wedding dress in the direction of Betsey Johnson or Jeremy Scott. It looks like our pop princess is spicing things up by opting out of the traditional gowns that would have been made by Vera Wang. [Source]
- Nick Cannon was hospitalized after suffering from mild kidney failure. [Source]
- Zooey Deschanel has officially filed for divorce from Ben Gibbard…is also a savvy spender according to TMZ. [Source]
- Sinhead O’Connor has called off her divorce after a night of passionate lovemaking with her husband. The divorce was filed after 16 days of marriage. So…Kim Kardashian wins again? [Source]
- Emma Roberts is deferring her college experience at Sarah Lawrence in Bronxville, New York due to her work commitments and budding romance with Glee star, Chord Overstreet. [Source]
- Russell Brand and Katy Perry did not have a prenup. He could end up making $20 million off of her. [Source]
- James Franco has sold his first novel to Amazon Publishing. [Source]
Glee star Diana Agron revealed her new website today You Me & Charlie. The site, designed to be a space of inspiration for everyone includes works of art, music, short stories, photography and more. The best part is that it is all submitted by users, which reminds me of the site Hello Giggles.
I’m not sure how frequently I will be on the site, but I’ll definitely be checking in for the next few days. Occasionally, I become too invested in TV characters of the shows I watch and Dianna falls under one of them. It’s hard for me to separate her from her character on Glee so when I read interviews from Dianna, I am surprised by her responses. Dianna is edgy and a little rough around the edges, but she’s artistic and would rather walk to the beat of her own drum unlike her character.She reminds me of the indie manic pixie dream girl.
Have any of you guys checked her new site? Will you submit your stuff? If so, let me know!
Check out her site and be sure to read this charming interview on how she decided on the quirky name and how it all began.
pic cred: gossiphat
- Fashionista explains while Elle has decided to select their Carey Mulligan cover photo after Vogue already did in 2010. [Source]
- The Vogue Archive has every Vogue issue available for viewing/reading from the last 120 years. Cost? $1,575/yr [Source]
- Pantone and Sephora will collaborate on a new line devoted to the color of the year – Tango Tangerine. [Source]
- Clemence Poesy is the new face of G-Star Raw. [Source]
- Janelle Monae will release two albums in 2012. CAN’T WAIT! [Source]
- Glee will do a Michael Jackson tribute episode. [Source]
- Get a head start on purchasing your Capitol Hill Block Party tickets now! AKA the best. weekend. ever.
- Coldplay will return to the Northwest in 2012. [Source]
- Former Seattle Sonics player, Gary Payton, will help Seattle get a basketball team back here in 2012. [Source]
- Eddie Bauer opens up a pop-up shop at Melrose Market. [Source]
- Lindsay Lohan’s “tasteful” Playboy cover has been revealed. [Source]
- Twitter is about to get a makeover. [Source]
- Shots have been fired at Virginia Tech’s campus and two people are confirmed dead. My thoughts are with everyone affected by this incident. [Source]
- New York takes a jab at Miranda Kerr by calling her interview responses banal. [Source]
- The Victoria’s Secret Angels attempt to sing Jingle Bells. ahhh Lily Aldridge is my favorite!
- H&M x Marni is happening! The collaborative collection will debut March 8th. [Source]
- My style icon Alexa Chung won the British Style Award. [Source]
- “Like Crazy” actress Felicity Jones is the new face of Dolce & Gabbana. [Source]
- Britney Spears is performing a free show in Mexico! WHOA! [Source]
- The Red Hot Chili Peppers are hitting the road again for their new tour. [Source]
- S Club 7 is making a comeback! [Source]
“When her sister disappears, Jill (Seyfried) is convinced the serial killer who kidnapped her two years ago has returned, and she sets out to once again face her abductor.”
- Pretty Little Liars has been renewed for a third season! No surprise there. Looks like we have another year until we find out who A really is. [Source]
- Ricky Martin will be making an appearance on Glee next year. [Source]
- These breakout stars had a fantastic year in 2011. [Source]
- Conrad Murray has been sentenced to four years behind bars for the death of Michael Jackson. [Source]
- The Oscars are going downhill. Eddie Murphy has offically dropped out of his gig in being this year’s host. [Source]
- Life & Style claims that Kris will NOT sign the divorce papers to Kim. [Source]
- Kris Jenner goes into detail about her affair when she was married to Robert Kardashian in her newest book. Gross. [Source]
- I’ve got a little crush on Glee’s newest character Sebastian. [Source]
- Rosie Huntington-Whitely advises women to save a $1 a week in order to afford $700 Christian Louboutin heels. That would take 14 years… [Source]
- One 14-year old Belieber fan has threatened to kill Justin Bieber’s ex-girlfriend and current girlfriend Selena Gomez. [Source]
- Kurt Loder speaks…and calls Michael Jackson a child molester. [Source]
- The Parents Television Council went into a frenzy today over the anticipated sex scenes on tonight’s episode of Glee, which let me just say – were a little anticlimactic. They claim that it wasn’t a gender issue, but that it had more to do with the age. Let’s just let teenagers be teenagers, alright! [Source]
Did any of you catch it? The hype over “Asian F” has been circulating for about a week now and at first I was a little bit skeptical over the episode. Producers were spilling to the press that this was the “best episode in the entire Glee series” that I was going to “cry” and “hurt emotionally.” None of those things happened to me, but it was an episode that was executed very well. I am so glad that the writers decided to dedicate an episode to an expectation that is so common for high school students. That’s not to say that this only affects Asian students – it affects many students of varying races. Students can still relate to it even despite race. However, it is something that I can understand and I just know that I appreciated that it was even acknowledged -sometimes feeling overwhelmed by expectations, sacrifices, and feeling unsupported as a daughter or a son.
Mike Chang’s story is definitely one that I have seen before and the way that it was done tonight was really nice. I wish I could have used a better word as a description, but nothing seemed to fit better than that.
So…I think I’d like to start watching Sesame Street on a daily basis now because this stuff is adorable. I can’t get enough of it. It was bad enough that I realized last night how much I missed Elmo, but this parody of Glee gave me the giggles.
LOLOLOL at Mr. Shue (or should I say Mr. Gue) getting a glitter-outfit makeover mid-skit. I won’t spoil the rest for you though!