Word on the street is that Adele gave him a stern talking to after this snub! You go Adele! [Source]
I’ve got a little bit of a love/hate relationship with Taylor. I’m confused by all the guys that she dates and their duration (not that it’s any of my business,) but one can still be curious, right? However, I admire her because despite all the breakups, she is still an icon to many young girls that have gone through what she has and she has no problem whatsoever calling out her ex’s. Some may say it’s a little immature, but don’t lie to yourself.
It’s funny. More than just a little funny because these songs are out FOREVER, but at the same time she’s airing out some dirty laundry…she doesn’t care though because she’s always been known to be a little bit of an open book.
I don’t know. Judge for yourself. Last night, she snubbed Harry on stage at the Grammys and it was lolz.
Ellen sent these cutie pies off to the Grammy’s last week as correspondents and they did a fantastic job. I want their job.
- This photograph of Monty Alexander makes me laugh.
This new commercial promoting the 54th Annual Grammy Awards and featuring Bon Iver just gave me chills. This year’s nominees got real hipster and a part of me wants them to take home all of the awards.
Bon Iver is nominated for Best New Artist, Song of the Year for “Holocene,” Alternative Album of the Year for their current self-titled album and Record of the Year.
This commercial is just the first in the series to be released, but I’m looking forward to seeing the others featuring Adele and Skrillex.
Since I’ve been swamped all week with finals work, Max filled me in at lunch today about how some of our favorite bands are up for Grammy nominations this year! You would think that this might irk me a little bit because this would mean that my favorite music is becoming more mainstream if it is being recognized by an award show like this, but strangely I feel the opposite. Do you know how long it has taken for indie music to get to this point? For as long as I’ve known, they have always been shoved into another category – that maybe they just weren’t good enough or something, but now they are up against mainstream acts like Katy Perry, Adele, and Maroon 5. It’s going to be a tough fight, but I’ve got hope for them.
Congratulations to: Bon Iver, Mumford & Sons, Foster the People and the rest of the Grammy nominees.
To view all of the nominations, click here.
John Mayer is reportedly inflicting his douchebaggery on none other than Miley Cyrus! Yes, we get it now, you’re an adult!
Even though she spent a day flirting with Joshua Bowman at Griffith Park, she was said to be following John around at the Grammy Awards, like a lost little puppy! Ugh.
A snitch on the scene said, “At one point backstage, Miley was rubbing John’s back and, when he thought no one was looking, he leaned over and kissed her!”
Eww.. Come on, Miley! What are you thinking?!??
The City’s HBIC Erin Kaplan will be leaving her position as Head of PR at Elle Magazine to replace Eleanor Banco at Teen Vogue for the same position. [Source]
- Could Pac-Man be turned into a reality series? [Source]
- Bravo announces the return high-quality television series:
- Colin Firth receives his Hollywood Star [Source]
- Oprah reveals her biggest failure was starring in and producing the 1998 adaptation of Toni Morrison’s “Beloved.” [Source]
- “Touched By An Angel” actor John Dye has died at 47. [Source]
- If Orlando Bloom were to appear in “The Hobbit,” he would receive $1 million for a two-minute stint. [Source]
- Carey Mulligan will return to the stage this spring. [Source]
- America Ferrera will appear on “The Good Wife.” [Source]
- Disney pushing a Tron sequel? [Source]
- Backstreet Boy A.J. McLean has returned to rehab to sober up before the big NKOTB/Backstreet Boys tour. [Source]
- Taylor Swift – Back to December
- Etta James has been diagnosed with leukemia. [Source]
- Usher has canceled his OMG tour…again. [Source]
- Model Devon Aoki is engaged and pregnant. [Source]
- Christian Bale will not allow his daughter to pursue child acting. [Source]
- U.S. retailer Target will buy Canada’s Zellers for $1.8 billion, which means Canada will finally be getting their own Target. [Source]
- The first performers to be announced at the Grammy Awards this year will be nominees Arcade Fire, Eminem, Cee Lo Green, Lady Gaga, Miranda Lambert, and Katy Perry. [Source]
- Keira Knightley and Rupert Friend have split. [Source]
- Peter Fonda discovered a dead body in a car. [Source]
- Gucci Mane had an ice cream cone tattooed on his face. [Source]
“The Rose Boy” is at it again! [Source]
- Selma Blair is pregnant w/ fashion designer boyfriend Jason Bleick. [Source]
- Miranda Kerr and Orlando Bloom have been having a hard time naming their son. [Source]
- Kristen Stewart is on the cover of the February issue of Vogue looking awkward as always! [Source]
- Gwen Stefani is the new face of L’Oreal. [Source]
- The Kardashian sisters will launch the Kardashian Kollection at Sears. [Source]
- Natalie Portman on the new cover of InStyle. [Source]
-The HBIC Britney Spears will be performing at the Grammy awards this year with a medley of hits and her new single “Hold it Against Me.” [Source]
- Already seven months along, Rachel Zoe will be having a boy! [Source]
- Jewel, Kate Hudson, and Tia Mowry are also pregnant. And I don’t care to source these so I’m going to let you Google if you must.
- American Apparel is back to their racy ads yet again… [Source and totally NSFW]
- Michael Douglas has beaten cancer. [Source]-
- Zooey Deschanel will grace the cover of Lucky’s April issue.
- Kylie Minogue has released her North American tour dates. Check to see if she’ll be making a stop near you here.
- Owen Wilson is becoming a father. [Source]
- James Franco has hinted that he might put on quite a performance for the Oscars. [Source]
- Britney Spears will drop her seventh album on March 15th, 2011. [Source]
- Both Pretty Little Liars and The Secret Life of An American Teenager have been renewed for a second and fourth season respectively. [Source]
- Marion Cotillard has got a bun in the oven! [Source]
- Michelle Williams is launching a yoga center for single moms. [Source]
- Now you can make English Peas just like Paula Deen! This is just like the time when Rachel Ray taught us how to make bacon in the microwave. [Source]
Comments always welcome!
To read the rest of the thread, click here.
In local news…
- Three students from Tacoma High School attempted to flush firecrackers down a urinal causing the entire school to evacuate. To be young and curious again… [Source]
I actually read an excerpt from the book yesterday, it was the chapter on Nick Jonas, but instead she calls him “Prince Charming.” Yes, the entire time. Is this because she doesn’t want to upset precious pretty boy Justin Gaston? Does he care? I’m sure he knows that Prince Charming is NOT referring to him. … Or maybe he doesn’t. Anyways it was nothing juicy. She admits how much she was in love with him, at age 14… Then I read a comment from Nick Jonas on that relationship in which he casually dismisses the idea that it was ever anything that big. Quote: “I was fourteen…” That was the worst thing I’ve ever written but basically Smiley Miley was WAY in over her head with Nick Jonas. You know what I mean.
If any of you actually decide to buy the book, let me know how it pans out.
Miley has also decided to verbally lash out at Radiohead. Last month at the Grammy’s, Miley extended an invitation to the band to “meet her backstage.”
A rep for the band told Cyrus’s people “the band doesn’t really do that.”
In which case, Miley responded, “The reason I’m in this business is to make people happy,” she said, implying that Radiohead aren’t. She added, “I left ’cause I was so upset. I wasn’t going to watch. Stinkin’ Radiohead! I’m gonna ruin them, I’m going to tell everyone.
* personal opinion. why so shocked bb Miley? Not everyone in the world is in love with you, nor do they want to meet you! I highly doubt anyone is going to stop listening to Radiohead because you say so. Grow up. Stop bad mouthing Nick Jonas. Quit making fun of Asians.
According to E! News, Rihanna has “alleged to police that Brown choked her while threatening to kill her and, subsequently, she lost consciousness.”
The arguement began late Saturday, after Clive Davis’ pre-grammy party. A source claimed that Rihanna grabbed the car keys and tossed them out of the window which created a fuming Christopher Brown.
After attempting to search for the keys he returned to the car and Rihanna, “put his hands around her neck and said, ‘I’m going to kill you!’”
Rihanna told the police that shortly after that she lost conciousness and when she had awaken, Brown was nowhere to be found.
According to the source, Rihanna’s right eye was visibly blackened and swollen, and “had hand prints on her arms.”
Listening to: Rilo Kiley – Breakin’ Up
Chris Brown has reportedly turned himself in to the LAPD. There was an alleged report last night for domestic violence felony battery that occured early this morning in LA supposedly after Clive Davis’ pre grammy party in which both Chris Brown and Rihanna attended.
Both were scheduled to walk the red carpet and perform tonight at the Grammy’s but had canceled last minute.
Chris Brown has been taken in for questioning and Rihanna is the victim. From what I have heard, she is “resting in the hospital.” According to the cops, she had visable injuries at the time.
His bail is currently set at $50,000
EDIT 2/9/09 2:22 PM
An eyewitness tells Radaronline.com, “It was some time after 12PM PST [Sunday] and I had been waiting in the ER department corridor when Rihanna was brought through the back entrance on a gurney, flanked by two LAPD officers. It was impossible to know it was her at first because when they wheeled her past me, she had the hood on her fuchsia-colored sweatshirt tightly drawn round her face and she was wearing big brown sunglasses. They took her into room 14 which was opposite me. It had a six-foot glass door but the nurses drew a privacy curtain around it.”
Chris Brown is set to appear in court on March 5th.
A publicist for Rihanna issued the statement, “Rihanna is well. Thank you for your concern and support.
On the other hand, Chris Brown’s people gave out the press release, “He’s a good guy, but human.”
EDIT 2/9/09 3:10 PM
Wrigley has pulled their ad featuring Chris Brown. Wrigley said in a statement, “We have made the decision to suspend the current advertising featuring Brown and any related marketing communications until the matter is resolved.”
When Chris Brown was released from bail, there were visible bite marks and swelling on his knuckles indicating that Rihanna had put up a fight against him. Chris Brown’s police reports mentions assault with a deadly weapon, but the weapon has not been identified yet.
EDIT 2/9/09 5:06 PM
Law enforcement sources have spilled to TMZ that Rihanna suffered from two enormous contusions swelling up on both sides of her forehead. Her injuries also consisted of a bloody nose and lip.
Rihanna was the one to make the 911 phone call after shit went down in the silver Lamborghini and Chris Brown fled from the scene on foot. Brown made sure to take the keys with him leaving Rihanna stranded on the side of the road with the rented car.
Chris Brown has had a history involving domestic violence having witnessed his stepfather’s attacks on his own mother.
Rihanna’s family are trying to bring her back to her home of Barbados and out of L.A. and away from Brown immediately.
ONTD has titled this story Domestic Disturbia. There were also rumors of an umbrella being the weapon within the rented silver lamborghini which would have been…ironic. Most people think this is false.
*updates to comeee feel free to post thoughts here
Listening to: Matt Bekker ft Kathryn Clause – Let’s Get Away
Adele – Chasing Pavements
Rihanna – Disturbia
John Legend – Out of Sight