Ben Boutwell and Steven Alan shot this short film in Hawaii using frames and it’s pretty silly.
- Steve Carell will be leaving The Office next year capping off season 7. [source]
- The divorce is final between Jesse James and Sandra Bullock. [source]
- Emma Watson has confirmed that she is dating George Craig, the Burberry model and frontman of music group One Night Only.
Watch it now before it gets removed! Cue tears at … 4:39
Chris Brown struggled through his tribute to Michael Jackson last night at the BET Awards. After dancing through Billie Jean, Remember the Time, and Smooth Criminal, Chris attempted to end the tribute by singing Man in the Mirror, but broke down into tears showing everyone just how vulnerable he was. Haven’t decided if I still feel bad for him or not. It must suck to know that everyone kind of hates you because you beat your girlfriend up and it went public and basically your career went down the drain. Stuff happens; sometimes you bounce back and sometimes you don’t.
- Nicole Richie wrote another book entitled “Priceless” due out Sept. 28, 2010
- David Olsen, the father of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen is broke and facing foreclosure. Will the twins with all the money in the world step in to save their father from his debt? [Source]
- The Lohans are back to reality television again and have already started filming. Gross Dina Lohan is almost becoming worse than Kate Gosselin. [Source]
- Degrassi. The Boiling Point!
- Kristen Stewart lightens the hair and looks a whole lot better and a whole lot less emo than she always does. WIN.
- Tonight, Nikki Blonsky will debut her new ABC Family show Huge.
- Dove is casting “REAL WOMEN” for their new ad campaign. These women must have flawless skin, no scars, and definitely no tattoos. Nice job Dove, real nice.
- According to a recent study, the average woman will spend nearly $24,000 on shoes in their lifetime. That’s disgusting.
- You can now put Barbie in a fat suit!
- Google is determined to create the next best social networking site. Move out of the way Facebook. They didn’t win you over with Google Buzz, but now they’re coming back in full force with… wait for it…GoogleMe.
- Grandpa gets his GAGA on w/ this video posted by The Stranger.
- Rihanna has decided to cancel her kick off date for her tour in WA at the White River Amphitheater. Fans will receive a refund. [boooooo I'm a Chris Brown fan now!]
- Megan Fox officially wed Brian Austin Green in a small ceremony in Hawaii late last week. [source]
- The Elliott Bay Cafe opened this past Friday, June 18th.
- My favorite organic sandwich shop Home Grown is coming to Capitol Hill at the Melrose Marketplace. I am somehow finding it very difficult to find this location.
- Goodbye Grey Gallery!! News will be posted on their new location.
Super Dave’s Super Sushi is opening the Pinto Thai Bistro & Sushi Bar on 408 Broadway this July. His real name is just Dave Nakamua, but the super just adds a bonus kick to it. Restaurant will be more like thai/sushi fusion.
- Popular chain from Hawaii, Genki Sushi, will open their second location in Seattle on Capitol Hill as well this July on Broadway near Pine. Conveyor belt style.
- Tidbit Bistro will take over the old Vi Bacchus [everyone's favorite, but closed, non-carding sushi place] Instead of sushi, they will be serving small Spanish and Italian plates.
If you look at this picture long enough, it may mentally cool you down.
Did it work?
I stole this from The Stranger.
Just so everyone knows, we Seattlelites are not used to this weather. Yes, we are complaining a lot but you know what? We don’t have AC in our houses.
Unlike the people in Arizona, California, Hawaii etc, you all are well-equipped and adapted to your weather patterns, but we are not so cut us some slack.
Two summers ago, I embarked on the most amazing vacation of my life. It trumped any trip to Vancouver or vacation to Hawaii or California.
I had the opportunity to travel to Okinawa, Japan. I started at the southern tip and traveled north along the coast of Okinawa staying at 7 locations including one home, one cabin and 5 different hotels.
I’ve never felt so alone, free and independent. It had to be the best experience of my life.
Late last year, the hard drive that had stored all of my pictures from Japan and my sophomore-junior year had crashed and I lost everything. I try so hard now to remember but without them it’s like I never went at all and it’s the most upsetting thing to lose your memories and have no control. If I ever get them back it would be some kind of a miracle I guess…
Today I found this video. A man named Jon Rawlinson shot some footage at the Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium. This aquarium is the second largest in the world and this video doesn’t even do it justice, but does show just how beautiful it really is. I still imagine seeing myself. Wide-eyed. Staring only into this with a blank mind.
There are always those songs that when you listen to them right then, you remember exactly when and where you first heard that song. I love Cut Copy. I love the electronica beat. I love that it reminds me of summer because the first time I heard this song I was in Hawaii last year.
My friend Matt and I had a talk about what kind of music we listened to and he introduced me to all this techno that was hot in Australia at the time and one of the artists was Cut Copy and this was the first song I listened to on his iPod.
You have been with me for the past two-three years. You were a wonderful Christmas present and I’m so sorry that you are broken beyond my control. Last Friday night, your button that takes my pictures completely came off so with the help of Boisen, we tried to superglue you back on and now you’re stuck. There is nothing more I can do except remember that I would be nowhere without you on these past few years capturing the most important days of my life: trips to Japan, Hawaii, California and Vancouver, Project 366, high school memories such as prom and graduation and football games, my back up camera during photo shoots, the various concerts, and many many days out.
You were my everyday camera and I don’t know what I’m going to do without you.
What an amazing lineup. I think I like it even more than Coachella’s. Nothing beats Snoop, GIRL TALK ( I will always love) Andrew Bird, MGMT, Of Montreal, Jenny Lewis, Santogold, The Ting Tings and Portugal. The Man. All in one place.