Before the Manic Pixie Indie Dream Girl phase happened, every girl aspired to be the free-spirited woman. Our icons included Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, and Kate Hudson. They were charming, funny, sweet, young, and coincidentally all blonde. I’ve watched my fair share of movies growing up and while I loved the 90′s romantic comedies taking place in high school, I liked to pretend that I actually knew all that was going on in movies like There’s Something About Mary or Charlie’s Angels. I was age eight and ten, respectively, when those movies came out.
Cameron Diaz is just that actress that remains to be unforgettable despite not always being in the spotlight. I absolutely love this shot of her on the new cover for InStyle. The editorial isn’t my favorite, but you can peep the rest of the images here!
Lily Collins looks absolutely stunning in her feature for ASOS and in her InStyle outtakes. Lily, the daughter of musician Phil Collins, has been working hard these past few years to build up her career in Hollywood first starting out as a correspondent for Nickelodeon at 18 and then moving to the big screen as Sandra Bullock’s daughter in The Blind Side. Next, we’ll be able to catch Lily alongside Taylor Lautner in their new action thriller flick Abduction.
- Justin Bieber ruining my favorite childhood television show. [Source]
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen prepare to launch their new t-shirt collection StyleMint with a video here
- Writer Marianne Power wrote about her experience of going to work for a month without looking in the mirror. The end result? Less anxiety over what she wore, more compliments, and more self-confidence! [Source]
- Marilyn Monroe’s iconic “subway dress” has been auctioned off for a whopping $5.52 million. [Source]
- Glee’s current class will graduate in 2012 and a new batch will roll in! [Source]
- Nicole Richie practicing her moves for Britney’s concert last night. She may be a better dancer than the queen herself…just sayin.
- Jackass star Ryan Dunn was killed in a car accident due to blunt and thermal trauma. [Source]
- Katy Perry’s “Firework” is this generation’s anti-gay anthem. [Source]
- This actor (51) from Green Mile – I swear I’ve never heard of him – married this sixteen year old girl from Washington who was in the running for Miss Teen Washington last year. Barf. [Source]
- I just found out yesterday that my favorite thrift store on the hill – Atlas – is moving to Fremont. Now I have no proof to show my friends how hipster I have become over the past few years.
- InStyle Magazine is trying something new by producing a scratch-and-sniff July issue with five notable scents to remind you of summer. (I thought this was what the perfume ads were for.) [Source]
- Gawker breaks the stereotype by bringing you a photo essay of what gay men really look like. [Source]
- Natalie Portman on the new cover of InStyle. [Source]
-The HBIC Britney Spears will be performing at the Grammy awards this year with a medley of hits and her new single “Hold it Against Me.” [Source]
- Already seven months along, Rachel Zoe will be having a boy! [Source]
- Jewel, Kate Hudson, and Tia Mowry are also pregnant. And I don’t care to source these so I’m going to let you Google if you must.
- American Apparel is back to their racy ads yet again… [Source and totally NSFW]
- Michael Douglas has beaten cancer. [Source]-
- Zooey Deschanel will grace the cover of Lucky’s April issue.
- Kylie Minogue has released her North American tour dates. Check to see if she’ll be making a stop near you here.
- Owen Wilson is becoming a father. [Source]
- James Franco has hinted that he might put on quite a performance for the Oscars. [Source]
- Britney Spears will drop her seventh album on March 15th, 2011. [Source]
- Both Pretty Little Liars and The Secret Life of An American Teenager have been renewed for a second and fourth season respectively. [Source]
- Marion Cotillard has got a bun in the oven! [Source]
- Michelle Williams is launching a yoga center for single moms. [Source]
- Now you can make English Peas just like Paula Deen! This is just like the time when Rachel Ray taught us how to make bacon in the microwave. [Source]
Comments always welcome!
To read the rest of the thread, click here.
In local news…
- Three students from Tacoma High School attempted to flush firecrackers down a urinal causing the entire school to evacuate. To be young and curious again… [Source]