James Franco and Seth Rogen done spoofed Kanye West and his new music video today! We can’t wait to hear what the Yeezus has to say about this.
James Franco and Seth Rogen done spoofed Kanye West and his new music video today! We can’t wait to hear what the Yeezus has to say about this.
I am so excited that the trailer for this movie was released because after watching it last night, I couldn’t wait to share it with you all. Palo Alto is the directorial debut of Gia Coppola – niece of Sofia Coppola and stars Emma Roberts and James Franco. The film is based on a collection of short stories about suburban teens penned by James Franco. The film is hitting some major film festivals in the next coming weeks, but we hope we have a chance to watch it in the US as well. I love the atmosphere that has been created for it and of course – talent runs in the family so we have high hopes for Gia!
“What exactly did I just watch?” was the question that I had for myself leaving the movie theater. I don’t know what I was thinking, but I thought Spring Breakers would have some aspects of comedy in it. It was not funny at all though. I guess that was just silliness on my part though – the move was directed by Harmony Korine after all. Now, I never saw “Kids,” but I certainly know enough about it to know that Selena Gomez wasn’t going to resemble anything like her Disney Channel characters. The movie was pretty indie and mesmerizing in an intoxicating dazed kind of a way. I was drawn to the neon lights and the style of filming, but there were times when I started to feel dizzy. That also could have been from my medication or my appetite though.
Here are some takeaways:
Readers, if you’ve seen Spring Breakers, what were your thoughts?
The trailer for the dark film “Spring Breakers” starring James Franco, Vanessa Hudgens, Selena Gomez, and Ashley Benson has just been released. Kind of interesting to see them all doing a project unlike anything they’ve done before.
Would you see it?
I think I would just out of curiosity…also how ridiculous does James Franco look?
Starring James Franco, Mila Kunis, Rachel Weisz, and Michelle Williams
For as long as I have known, I have always sort of put James Franco on this non-existent pedestal. It’s probably because for the longest time, he hasn’t put out anything that has sucked. It all started with Freaks and Geeks, but his career has only gone up since then. In addition to his acting career, Franco is also a genius and can’t get enough of school. The guy keeps going back!
On Wednesday, I read a post from Flavorwire about his new documentary series called Undergrads. Even before watching the trailer, I started psyching myself out.
“Oh man, no one knows college better than James Franco! He’s been there so many times, I bet he highlights the best stories!”
“Re-live the best four years of my life (almost) with Franco’s new documentary? Yes please!”
I got a little bit ahead of myself because instead of getting my favorite web-series, “Dorm Life,” the trailer resembled more of MTV’s “College Life.” In case any of you get confused, those two are NOT the same thing or even remotely similar to each other. Unfortunately, there were even some parts of the trailer that made me cringe. I’m not saying that his new series had to be like my own college experience, but I felt like there were highlights of things you may have expected from college, but never happened. When it came down to it, those experiences were just too corny.
Anyways, maybe I’m wrong. Check out the trailer here and let me know what you think.
-The Kids Are All Right actress Mia Wasikowska is the new face of Miu Miu and featured in their latest campaign. [Source]
- Paul & Joe’s new beauty campaign is all about cats! [Source]
- Whitney Port will have her first runway show at New York Fashion Week. [Source]
-Viva Model Management has signed Lykke Li. [Source]
- Kristen Stewart is the new face for Balenciaga Fragrance. [Source]
-Lana Del Rey covers Billboard. Have you heard of her yet? Dis girl be blowing up! [Source]
-Tavi gets even more cooler; featured in a Wilco music video. [Source]
-Lil Wayne will publish a memoir about his days in prison. [Source]
- Katy Perry’s parents try to play matchmaker and want to set her up with Tim Tebow. [Source]
- WELP! Coachella sold out in three hours for both weekends. [Source]
- Emma Roberts has pulled out of Spring Breakers due to a conflict in creative differences. The movies stars Vanessa Hudgens, Selena Gomez, and James Franco. [Source]
- Kim Kardashian will host Live With Kelly! on Jan. 23rd. [Source]
- MTV’s Teen Mom 2 star Leah Messer is expecting twins again. [Source] Oh what’s up Kate Gosslin 2.0
- Zooey Deschanel and Channing Tatum will host Saturday Night Live. [Source]
-ABC’s “Work It” about two men cross dressing to find work was cancelled after two episodes. [Source]
- Congratulations to former Coffee Haus performers Champagne Champagne! The hip-hop trio will open for Wu-Tang Clan on their Seattle date. [Source]
- Philadelphia is the most depressing city to live in, and unfortunately, Seattle is in the top 5. [Source]
- Homegrown’s Turkey + Bacon + Avocado Sandwich is their best selling sandwich for 33 months! [Source] This is actually my favorite and I can vouch for it. If you haven’t tried it yet, you must!
- Michelle Obama is officially on Twitter. [Source]
- Nevermind Sinhead ‘O Connor ends marriage again. [Source]
- The dessert for the Golden Globes will have gold flakes dusted on top of it! [Source]
- A first look at the Jason Wu for Target campaign! The collection debuts February 5, 2012. Is anyone else as excited as I am?! [Source]
- Vera Wang will hit the ice and show off her skills on April 2nd as an honored guest by Figure Skating in Harlem. [Source]
- Indie singer Lana Del Rey has scored a modeling contract. [Source]
- The Black Keys cover the Rolling Stones’ newest issue. [Source]
- The Killers will release a new album in 2012. I still just love Hot Fuss. [Source]
- The Kardashians are hoping to launch a tabloid – just won’t quit building themselves up. [Source]
- Tim Gunn receives a daytime talk show. [Source]
- Contestants for Celebrity Apprentice have been revealed. Clay Aiken! [Source]
- Twilight will become a Broadway musical for one night on January 16. Proceeds from the event will go directly to charity Blessings in a Backpack. [Source]
- Apparently, the QFC on Broadway skipped three months ahead to Easter even passing on Valentine’s Day. [Source]
- Christine Gregoire will introduce a new bill to legalize gay marriage in Washington state. [Source]
- Michelle Bachman has officially ended her presidential bid. [Source]
- Rumored Britney Spears is shopping for a wedding dress in the direction of Betsey Johnson or Jeremy Scott. It looks like our pop princess is spicing things up by opting out of the traditional gowns that would have been made by Vera Wang. [Source]
- Nick Cannon was hospitalized after suffering from mild kidney failure. [Source]
- Zooey Deschanel has officially filed for divorce from Ben Gibbard…is also a savvy spender according to TMZ. [Source]
- Sinhead O’Connor has called off her divorce after a night of passionate lovemaking with her husband. The divorce was filed after 16 days of marriage. So…Kim Kardashian wins again? [Source]
- Emma Roberts is deferring her college experience at Sarah Lawrence in Bronxville, New York due to her work commitments and budding romance with Glee star, Chord Overstreet. [Source]
- Russell Brand and Katy Perry did not have a prenup. He could end up making $20 million off of her. [Source]
- James Franco has sold his first novel to Amazon Publishing. [Source]
- I am crossing my fingers that one of my favorite labels, Vena Cava, will pull through their financial troubles. [Source]
- The Versace for H&M collection has caused the UK E-commerce site to crash. The US site will launch fall 2012. [Source]
- Vera Wang is collaborating with Zales on a new engagement ring collection. [Source]
- Someone has stolen part of Marc Jacobs‘ collection! [Source]
- James Franco continues to add to his resume – makes the entire world look bad. The actor will direct and photograph the upcoming campaign for Seven For All Mankind. [Source]
- Mike Posner ruins “Wonderwall.” GAH!
- Sufjan Stevens is collaborating with The Roots. [Source]
- The babies are not a fan of Lady Gaga’s! After the parents of this baby suggested Lady Gaga hold this little one, it made this face. [Source]
- Scarlett Johansson will direct a film. [Source]
- The sequel to Star Trek will begin filming in January. [Source]
- Taylor Swift is going to be on 60 Minutes this weekend. Not missing that. [Source]
- We say goodbye to One Tree Hill. [Source]
- Steve Buscemi will host SNL on Dec. 3rd w/ The Black Keys as performers. [Source]
- The boycott petition to get the Kardashians off of the E! Network has reached 100K. [Source]
- The Ricki Lake Show will return in 2012. [Source]
- I don’t know about you guys, but the little chance of snow happening in Seattle this weekend is EXCITING! I hope it continues into next week too because having classes cancelled would really be the cherry on top of my fall quarter.
- Bluebird’s new Fremont shop opens Friday. [Source]
- Housewares designer, Jonathan Adler, will stop by Nordstrom on Dec. 1st. [Source]
- Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore are no more. [Source]
- Joe Paterno has a treatable form of lung cancer. [Source]
- Street style photographers Scott Schuman and Garance Dore are both expanding their blogs together. [Source]
- James Franco is on the cover of Flaunt’s latest issue baring his ASSets. [Source]
- Crooked teeth are so in. Go get them done. [Source]
- Kevin Richardson will perform with the Backstreet Boys again for a one-time performance. [Source]
- Maroon 5′s Adam Levine hates Fox News. A lot. [Source]
- MTV will air True Life: I’m Occupying Wall Street on Nov. 5th 6PM EST [Source]
- Paranormal Activity 3 set the world record for biggest horror movie debut this past weekend raking in $54 million at the box office. [Source]
- The Chocolate Box is planning a pop-up shop outside of Pacific Place for mid-fall. The Chocolate Box Express will open Nov. 12 for weekends and beginning Nov 25. daily. [Source]
- The Kardashians are expanding into home decor with their new trademarked name Kardashian Kollection Home. [Source]
- Lindsay Lohan will pose for Playboy for a reported $1 million. [Source]
- Lindsay Lohan arrived to court the other day with some pretty inflated cheeks. Reason for bloating? Apparently she got some dental work done and thank goodness cause her teeth were a wreck last week. [Source]
- Tony Romo and Candice Crawford are expecting. [Source]
- Actress Kaley Cuoco is engaged to boyfriend Josh ‘Lazie’ Reznik. [Source]
- Tara Reid confesses that she’s not actually married? [Source]
- The Oakland Police Department just went nuts on the locals participating in OccupyOakland by resorting to tear gas. [Source]
- Japan’s Burger King is launching a new promotion that allows customers to eat “All the Whoppers they can in 30 minutes.” For $11, you can eat to your heart’s content. If America launched this, we’d be in big trouble. [Source]
- Demi Lovato and Wilmer Valderrama are dating…again? He sure likes his barely legals. [Source]
- Amy Winehouse died unintentionally by consuming too much alcohol. [Source]
- Psychologists have done a recent study in which they discovered that songs with sexual lyrics really do sell! [Source]
- Doug Franco, the father of James, Dave and Tom Franco has passed away. [Source]
- Critics gave Kanye’s first showing in Paris rough reviews. [Source]
- One of my favorite groups from the late 90′s – Garbage – will be releasing their new album in 2012. Yarp! [Source]
- Madonna may be performing at this year’s Super Bowl halftime show. [Source]
-NBC is officially pulling the plug on The Playboy Club after three episodes – really excited I never became invested in that. [Source]
-Blake Lively and Leonardo DiCaprio have officially split. [Source]
- Converse and Marimekko will collaborate on a holiday collection. [Source]
- Adele cancels US tour due to vocal illness again. [Source]
- Remember when we thought Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen’s $39,000 crocodile backpack would never sell? It did. In fact, it sold out. [Source]
- Kanye West took out “mother-effing loans” to snag the best models for his first show in Paris. Also…is he now dating Chanel Iman?! [Source]
- The news that Jason Wu would be collaborating with Target was JUST ANNOUNCED, but already a sketch has been released for a beautiful LBD inspired by style icon Audrey Hepburn! [Source]
- Seattle based Izilla Toys has gone out of business entirely. Two months ago, their store on 12th Ave had closed and today it was announced that they would be closing their Wallingford location as well. The 12th Ave spot will now be turned into a new burger bar called “Manhattan Drugs.” [Source]
- Could this be the end of The Simpsons? [Source]
- Garrett Michael Brown is the new Chef de Cuisine at one my favorite restaurants Oddfellows on the hill. Nomz. [Source]
- Capitol Hill’s two newest restaurants Altura on Broadway and Momiji on 12th Ave will open tomorrow! Oola Distillery will open on Thursday. Hurray for booming new eateries and…drinkeries on the hill! [Source]
On the season finale of The Glee Project, my favorite contestant Cameron returned for the final episode. While I was extremely happy that Damien took home the win, I don’t think I paid that much attention to him as much as I focused on the scenes Cameron was actually in. Bree and I agreed last night that while it is obvious that he is talented, there is definitely something that draws our eye towards him throughout the entire episode. Sure, it’s his voice and the hipster attire, but another part of me thinks that it is because he represents a group of people that has never been a part of the in crowd: the nerds. There’s no one like him on Glee or even on television right now.
As we all know, I’ve got a pretty sweet spot for the nerds – as do many girls. Can you really find a reason to not like one? I mean, have you ever seen a douchey nerd? And I’m not talking about those pretentious characters in television shows, I mean in real life. They don’t exist! They never cheat, except for that one episode of Saved By the Bell. They are known for being the shy smart types. They’ve got a type of style that isn’t mainstream and they always seem to know what’s going on before everyone else. A blogger’s dream right? Today, I learned from HelloGiggles that there’s actually a distinction between geek, nerd and dork. Who knew, right?
“Geek- Smart but not awkward
Nerd- Smart and awkward
Dork- Smart in less useful areas, awkward but proud regardless”
Feel free to read the rest of the article here:
What I also recognized today was the similarities between a nerd and a hipster. The same transition process occurs when scenesters become hipster. In this case, you start out being a nerd and develop into a full-grown adult-sized hipster. I’ve decided to highlight some of my favorite nerds in this post, but I’ll let you be the judge as to whether or not they are really as hip as they appear to be.
[Cameron Mitchell - The Glee Project right]
I think I’ve talked enough about Cameron in the text above so I won’t exhaust you anymore. He is basically the proudest nerd I have ever seen promoting the “Nerd Herd” in his YouTube videos, on the television series, and even in his music.
- Miss Hailee Steinfeld is officially the new face of Miu Miu. [Source]
- Justin Bieber is launching a fragrance for his fans called “Someday.” [Source]
- People sometimes forget that riders exist for bands and musicians. Fulfilling Katy Perry’s sounds a little bit like a nightmare. [Source]
- Selena Gomez’s new album cover is somewhat questionable. [Source]
- Lady Gaga and Starbucks are collaborating on a scavenger hunt together! (Not sure what this means because I’m too lazy to read all the text and this is also the most random pairing ever, but here you go!) [Source]
- Friendly Fires released their new album “Pala” yesterday. [Source]
- Lady Gaga was named Forbes’ top celebrity. [Source]
- Glee’s Matthew Morrison will join The Backstreet Boys and The New Kids on the Block on their tour this summer. [Source]
- Kat Dennings makes her return to television in her new CBS comedy 2 Broke Girls. [Source]
- The judges from the current season of NBC’s The Voice will return for season two. [Source]
- Saturday Night Live promo Justin Timberlake
- Who’s getting excited for the return of Pretty Little Liars?! Summer TELEVISION, you are mine.
- This Saturday is Seattle University’s Quadstock, but as I’m sure you already know… it is for students only! Lucky us!
- Since you can’t make it to Quadstock, you should head on over to Cal Anderson for the first ever four-on-four dodge ball tournament. Sounds brutal. [Source]
oh Capitol Hill Seattle – you really are one of my favorite blogs!
- Model Lily Aldridge married Kings of Leon front man Caleb Followill last week in a custom-made Vera Wang wedding gown. [Source]
- Vogue Editor-in-Chief’ Anna Wintour’s daughter Bee Shaffer has fled to LA to work alongside Glee’s head honcho Ryan Murphy. While Bee is not working with Glee specifically, she is assisting him with his many projects that may or may not include Glee’s 3-d movie. [Source]
- Essie’s Summer 2011 Brazilliant collection is on my must-have list. [Source]
- James Franco has graduated from New York University. Which school will he end up at next? Correct answer – University of Houston in the fall. [Source]
- Arnold Schwarzenegger’s son Patrick is trying to drop his father’s name to take his mother’s. [Source]
- Kia Grasty describes what it is like to clean up after “privileged” college students who are the sons and daughters of well-known people in the industry for a living with a $140,000 salary. [Source]
- A Hello Kitty theme park will debut in China in 2014. OH MY GOODNESS! [Source]
- To celebrate the new Playboy club in London, Marchesa designer Georgina Chapman has created an updated version of the Playboy bunny suit. [Source]
- Designer Tory Burch has launched a new Tumblr showcasing her favorite people, places, and interests. Visit Torypedia.
- Lauren Bush and Judith Leiber have collaborated together in designing the FEED evening clutch.
“The clutch retails for $495, far less than many of Leiber’s more elaborately bejeweled minaudières, and $250 from every bag sold will go to supporting global food-supply programs. In fact, each sale will provide 1,000 school meals for children in need, the largest amount yet associated with one of FEED’s products.” [Source]
- Angelina Jolie is the new face of Louis Vuitton. [Source]
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are debuting a new optical line. [Source]
- Above is the cover art for Bon Iver’s newest self-titled album due out June 21st, 2011. Tracklisting at the…[Source]
- Taylor Swift has bought herself an LA mansion. [Source]
- TV on the Radio bassist Gerard Smith has passed away after losing his battle with leukemia. [Source]
- Kanye West’s charity has closed. [Source]
- Ashley Fink and the Dalton Academy Warblers will also join New Directions on the Glee tour this summer. [Source]
- Detroit’s Movement Electronic Music Festival has released their lineup. [Source]
- Author James Frey will return to Oprah’s talk show in one of her last episodes to discuss his new book “The Final Testament of the Holy Bible” after she ripped him a new one five years ago for his book “A Million Little Pieces.” [Source]
- Chris Colfer has sold a pilot to the Disney Channel called The Little Leftover Witch. [Source]
- Justin Timberlake will host the May 21 season finale of Saturday Night Live with Lady Gaga as the musical guest. [Source] Stacked lineup.
- Demi Lovato has decided to leave her role on Disney’s “Sonny With a Chance” after receiving treatment for her eating disorder and bipolar disorder. She will continue to focus on her music career. [Source]
- Scream 4 actors Emma Roberts and Rory Culkin grace Nylon’s May 2011 Young Hollywood issue. [Source]
- Marion Cotillard will play Miranda Tate in “The Dark Night Rises” and Joseph Gordon-Levitt will play John Blake, a police officer. [Source]
- Bellevue Square prepares for Forever 21′s arrival. [Source]
- Capitol Hill will be the first location for the new morning parking meters for the late night parties. [Source]
- James Franco has been accepted into the University of Houston’s Creative Writing Program. [Source] Just stop it…
- Not everyone can tweet like Zooey Deschanel can. [Source]
- Jane Krakowski has given birth to a son. [Source]
- Meet TIME Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People of 2011. [Source]
- Didn’t watch your language on the court? MAKE A PSA! Nice Kobe. [Source]
- There is a new laser treatment called Axilase that will help you reduce your amount of sweat. [Source]
- Evan Rachel Wood admits to being bisexual. [Source]