oh yes. Mochi waffles.
- Zooey Deschanel does not look like Zooey Deschanel on the cover of Glamour. [Source]
- Fake braces are all the rage right now in Asia. [Source]
- Girls will be releasing a soundtrack in January! Excited. Hope this is on Spotify because their music selection is. on. point. [Source]
- Our girl Britney will be working on a new album. [Source]
- a scripted hour-long drama is in the works for E! and will be a mixture of Gallery Girls and Mean Girls called Gallerina [Source]
- Ann Curry won’t let that NBC drama get her down. Apparently, she’s been contacted for a position at CNN as an anchor. [Source]
- The shows that ended in 2012.
- Andddd the television characters that passed away in 2012. [Source]
- The Twilight Saga was voted the worst movies of all time. Shocker. [Source]
- We prepare to say goodbye to the iconic Easy Street Records on Queen Anne. [Source]
- Hugh Hefner and Crystal Harris finally got married! She didn’t run away this time. [Source]
Did I mention that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are having a spawn baby together?
- The PS2 is not more. Japan stops production. [Source]
- Are you in a profession that could lead you to being a psychopath?
Author Kevin Dutton tells us in his new book which professions are most likely and least likely to lead to psychopathy. [Source]
Japan has a new creation on their hands and it is called Babyloid. Babyloid is a robot baby that was designed to ease depression for the elderly by providing them company. Also, how can you even manage to stay sad when you’ve got an adorable “baby” in your hands.
Babyloid can produce more than 100 different sounds.
Watch a video of Babyloid in use here.
You will be soon. Japanese retailer Uniqlo will soon be what everyone is talking about over here in the US. With two New York locations under their belt, it won’t be long until Uniqlo decides to expand even more within the states. Actually, there will be a west coast store planted sometime in October and rumor has it that it might be in Seattle. Back in the spring, Seattle blogs were buzzing with speculation that the H&M and Zara like retailer would be coming here and all of their facts seemed true.
Not located on the west coast or east coast? Don’t worry your pretty little head, Uniqlo will also offer e-commerce opportunities – a feature that both H&M and Zara offer as well except Uniqlo will jump on it much quicker.
“A girl in isolation for radiation screening looks at her dog through a window in Nihonmatsu, Japan on March 14.”
Can you believe that another year has come and gone? Round up posts are some of my favorites during this time and BuzzFeed has gotten an early start by posting the 45 Most Powerful Photos of 2011. In the post, you’ll find some of the ones you expected – that couple making out on the ground in Vancouver during the riots, that one cop that pepper sprayed protesters at UC Davis and got turned into an internet meme, and the aftermath of the Japanese coast tsunami. You’ll also find a series of photos that you may not have seen before, but still relevant to our year. These images are incredibly powerful and every year reminds me of how little I know about the world.
The absence of finals during finals week and minimal assignments during “dead week” has contributed greatly to my stress-free quarter. I’m not quite sure yet if someone just wanted to cut me some slack in my senior year or decided that I just deserved it or not, but this is the best quarter I have ever had at Seattle U and this NEVER almost never happens the way I want it to. And thank goodness because I now have time to watch videos like these and laugh my head off. Dad – I think you’re going to like these!
(and my personal favorite)
- Street style photographers Scott Schuman and Garance Dore are both expanding their blogs together. [Source]
- James Franco is on the cover of Flaunt’s latest issue baring his ASSets. [Source]
- Crooked teeth are so in. Go get them done. [Source]
- Kevin Richardson will perform with the Backstreet Boys again for a one-time performance. [Source]
- Maroon 5′s Adam Levine hates Fox News. A lot. [Source]
- MTV will air True Life: I’m Occupying Wall Street on Nov. 5th 6PM EST [Source]
- Paranormal Activity 3 set the world record for biggest horror movie debut this past weekend raking in $54 million at the box office. [Source]
- The Chocolate Box is planning a pop-up shop outside of Pacific Place for mid-fall. The Chocolate Box Express will open Nov. 12 for weekends and beginning Nov 25. daily. [Source]
- The Kardashians are expanding into home decor with their new trademarked name Kardashian Kollection Home. [Source]
- Lindsay Lohan will pose for Playboy for a reported $1 million. [Source]
- Lindsay Lohan arrived to court the other day with some pretty inflated cheeks. Reason for bloating? Apparently she got some dental work done and thank goodness cause her teeth were a wreck last week. [Source]
- Tony Romo and Candice Crawford are expecting. [Source]
- Actress Kaley Cuoco is engaged to boyfriend Josh ‘Lazie’ Reznik. [Source]
- Tara Reid confesses that she’s not actually married? [Source]
- The Oakland Police Department just went nuts on the locals participating in OccupyOakland by resorting to tear gas. [Source]
- Japan’s Burger King is launching a new promotion that allows customers to eat “All the Whoppers they can in 30 minutes.” For $11, you can eat to your heart’s content. If America launched this, we’d be in big trouble. [Source]
- Demi Lovato and Wilmer Valderrama are dating…again? He sure likes his barely legals. [Source]
- Amy Winehouse died unintentionally by consuming too much alcohol. [Source]
What an intense game! I was pretty much on the edge of my seat the entire time and was rooting for our USA ladies because they put up one hell of a fight. In the end, the win went to Japan and to be honest, it could’ve gone either way. Regardless, both teams played incredibly and everyone should be proud of them.
By the way, if you happen to be one of these people, you should be embarrassed of yourself. I know that I’m not alone when I say that I am disgusted by this kind of behavior. Your ignorance gives us a bad name. #trashy
Seattle’s Department of Health has detected very low levels of radiation activity in our area that is correlated to the nuclear disaster in Japan.
“The minuscule amounts of radioactive iodine are millions of times lower than levels that would be a health concern. Despite these very small amounts, the state’s overall background radiation levels haven’t risen.
The positive results are consistent with findings reported by federal and Canadian partners, and by independent researchers. As expected, because of the distance from Japan and air mixing, radiation reaching our state is so diluted there is no health risk here, making protective action unnecessary.”
At this stage, it isn’t anything to be concerned about, but it doesn’t hurt to stay informed.
It is not too late to contribute to the Japan Relief. This past week I was able to donate to the Red Cross, and while I understand that not everyone is able to contribute the same way, there are many opportunities to give back. If shopping is your thing, take advantage of this great promo by Forever21. Today, every dollar spent at their online store will go directly towards the earthquake and tsunami relief efforts in Japan. Start shopping!
- Gwen Stefani will be donating her custom-made John Galliano wedding gown to the Victoria and Albert Design Museum in London. [Source]
- Emmanuel Alt has debuted her first cover for Paris Vogue featuring Gisele Bundchen. [Source]
- Lady Gaga has designed a bracelet to support the relief efforts in Japan. [Source]
- David and Victoria Beckham are expecting a little girl! Finally! [Source]
- Olivia Wilde has filed for divorce from her husband Tao Ruspoli. The couple separated last month. [Source]
- The cast of Breaking Dawn have evacuated from their production set in Vancouver due to the tsunami warning. [Source]
- Lauryn Hill announces spring tour. [Source]
- Canadian actors Jay Baruchel and Allison Pill are now engaged. [Source]
- Ashlee Simpson was seen rebounding with soon-to-be ex-husband Pete Wentz’s friend. Sucha fail. [Source]
- Friends will be joining Nick at Nite’s lineup. [Source]
- Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel have broken up. I thought this would never happen. Justin and Mila please! [Source]
- Isla Fischer and Sascha Baron Cohen have finally revealed the name of their second daughter born last August: Elula Lottie Miriam Cohen. [Source]
- Greek actress Spencer Grammer is pregnant. Also, can we note that her father Kelsey Grammer’s new wife is just two years older than his daughter? Gross. [Source]
- A Mexican man has tattooed 82 images of Julia Roberts’ face onto his body. [Source]
- Bath & Body Works have created a new line of lotions, shower gels, and and other products dedicated to the Twilight franchise. I swear, I have a lotion that looks exactly like the one above, but I promise it’s not called Twilight Woods. Dumb. [1 2]
- Inspired by Charlie Sheen…the Tiger Blood energy drink. [Source]
- Ashley Olson and Justin Bartha have split. [Source]
- American Apparel CEO Dov Charney has been slapped with a $260 million lawsuit. [Source]
- Lilith Fair ends its run. [Source]
- 14-year old actress Chloe Moretz has admitted that she will probably have plastic surgery done someday by her plastic surgeon father. [Source]
- Billy Ray Cyrus will appear on The View on March 18th against daughter Miley’s wishes. [Source]
My month-long visit to Japan several years ago still remains to be the most incredible experience of my life. I feel blessed to have interacted with such beautiful people and to have explored a land that was so different from anything that I had ever known in my life. I am holding all of the citizens of Japan in my heart today and praying for those that are affected by this tragedy.