It’s the biggest night in fashion of the year and for the past four years, we have been covering the annual Met Gala. This year’s theme was Punk: Chaos to Couture and the celebrities did it well. Here – Dakota Fanning looks phenomenal in Rodarte.
All photos by Style
Click the cut below for more amazing looks from your favorite celebrities, designers, and models.
I’m pretty sure I loved every second of Jennifer Lawrence’s interview after winning an Oscar. The girl is my age and is already so accomplished and…hilarious. She would fit right into my group of friends.
Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture
- Lawrence is a Dior girl through and through. Now being the face for the brand, we sure can expect her to be wearing it a lot more than she has already.
[Readers! I'm sorry I missed the live Twitter feed for the red carpet today. I hear this year's stars were on point with their looks. Unfortunately, I had to attend to some personal matters and that was much more important than blogging today. Thanks for your understanding!]
- Nicki Minaj’s hairstylist quits. [Source]
- It was Marc Jacobs’s psychiatrist that advised him to turn down the Dior gig. [Source]
- A song about Harry Styles is on its way y’all! [Source]
- Ke$ha was paid just $1.63 to write a song for Miley Cyrus. Yes, that’s $1.63… 63 cents. [Source]
- Jurassic Park 4 will be released June 13, 2014. [Source]
- Disney’s The Hunchback of Notre Dame may hit Broadway. [Source]
- Pirates of the Caribbean, really? [Source]
- Tina Fey on Twitter.
- Britney has not only split with fiance Jason Trawick, but has also given back his $90K engagement ring. [Source]
- Facebook is considering adding a fee to send messages to people that you are not connected with for a whopping $100. [Source]
- Crystal Harris signed a pretty serious Prenup before marrying Hugh Hefner. UM HOBviously. [Source]
- Do we like this new portrait of Kate Middleton revealed yesterday? Apparently, no one does. [Source]
- Jennifer Lawrence and actor Nicholas Hoult split. [Source]
- Evan Rachel Wood and Jamie Bell are expecting their first child. [Source] Luckily that Marilyn Manson thing was just a phase…
- Reddit Co-Founder and Digital Activist Aaron Swartz has committed suicide. [Source]
- Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis are engaged! [Source]
Oh my gosh. My parents would never even let me open up the minibar. I was a strange child – even though I knew I could never have it, I just wanted to be able to see what the hotel was offering and be able to rank them based on their goods. I like Jennifer Lawrence already because she’s like me!
So…who’s excited for The Hunger Games? It looks like I never achieved my goal of reading the books first so it’s looks like I’m going to have to just get on that film track.
For every page I finish in my paper, I get to reward myself by writing another post. It’s a nice way to hold myself accountable I think and a way to record my progress.
So I haven’t read The Hunger Games, but I’ve heard so many wonderful things about this series that I cannot wait until I can begin to start reading it. This movie is already on its way to breaking the records at the box office and it won’t even be released until March 23rd, 2012. The reason for that being is because of all the promotion it has been getting. Have you seen the trailer? It looks amazing. In addition to standard press and word of my mouth buzz, the three stars of the film – Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth, and Josh Hutcherson will be embarking on a national Q&A mall tour. The three cast members will be here in Seattle at University Village in front of the Microsoft store on Saturday, March 10th. The event is free.