For those of you who don’t know, I started working with a songwriter/singer last summer named Taylor Bolibol. I sort of took it on as a new project not knowing where her and I would go with it, but now looking back, it has been an incredible and rewarding experience for the both of us. In the time that we’ve been working together, (about eight months,) Taylor has played numerous shows and released an album! To see her grow as an artist and develop this strong stage presence and confidence is extremely moving. I don’t know if I have ever been more proud of someone, but this is also an accomplishment that I am most proud of.
Last night we both were thrilled that the Hard Rock Cafe in Seattle booked Taylor for a show! Check out her cover below of Jessie J’s “Domino,” and if you’d like to hear more from Taylor, feel free to purchase her album on iTunes or Amazon and visit her Facebook page. We appreciate everyone’s support!
Have you ever seen another musician make a YouTube video for their own hit song? Well, Jessie J just did and I can’t get over how great it is. She looks like she’s having so much fun! As if I didn’t love the song enough already…
- This isn’t over yet?!
- Who are these Pre-VMA show hosts? So uncomfortably awkward. Please just bring back Suchin Pak and Tim Kash.
- Foster the People and Young the Giant, please gtfo MTV before the network eats you alive and makes you mainstream. Oh wait…
- Oh Gabe Saporta…I’ve still got a crush on you.
- Lady Gaga in the opening of the VMA’s. The look on Britney Spears, Adele and Justin Bieber’s face…priceless. Were her antics a little too much tonight?
- Congratulations Beyonce and Jay-Z who are expecting! One blog already think this might be a publicity stunt.
- I love Jay-Z.
- Miley, I don’t like your dress.
- Katy Perry – Too soon for that Kanye-Swift joke?
- Chachi Gonzales, I see you dancing in the Britney Spears tribute! How adorable were those little girls dancing in it?
- I loved Beyonce’s performance!
Favorite performances of the night:
- Perez Hilton calls Chris Brown out for his completely lip-synched performance. Whatever – everyone was thinking it! [Source]
- Jay-Z also did not clap for Chris Brown probably because he’s the one that discovered Rihanna. Way to go Jay – bit also, did anyone even understand that performance?
- For some reason, I wasn’t really feeling Jessie J tonight as the house band.
- Katie Holmes presenting video of the year…that’s random.
- The VMA’s didn’t have a host this year, but I think we saw way too much of Lady Gaga or her male counterpart. It almost got to the point of being too obnoxious for me and I think the organization of her presenting the award to Britney Spears was a little weird because her tribute was cut short when they both had to introduce Beyonce. There could have been a commercial break in there because Gaga awkwardly stole Britney’s thunder.
My post about Christina Grimmie is still receiving hits pretty often so I thought I would show my support for the young singer by passing along her newest cover of Jessie J’s “Price Tag.” This song also happens to be one of my recent favorites as well. This summer, you can catch her on tour with Miss Selena Gomez!
I actually really enjoyed her performance on SNL last night.