Everyone wants to be a musician or in a band, right? And because of that – it is why we have so many bands existing that we have never ever heard over. However, if you’re at Coachella or any other music festival, you wouldn’t be caught dead not knowing who a band was. Jimmy Kimmel caught a handful of liars over at the festival who acted as if they knew the bands that never really existed. What’s worse is that these fake bands have ridiculous names…The Obesity Epidemic? Really?
By Jimmy Kimmel
At least they can laugh about it and not pull a “Chris Brown!”
Favorite Style Icon: Taylor Swift
T. Swift has seriously stepped her game in 2012. Yes, she’s still sticking to the neutral colored dresses – but hey! That’s okay. It works for her. Taylor Swift is really just doing all the right things when it comes to her style these days and it helps that there are a handful of fabulous designers throwing their pieces at her. It’s awesome. I, of course, am jealous.
Runner Up: Michelle Obama / Kate Middleton
Not too much lols – but some lols.
- Bloggers are making their mark on the world! The Man Repeller’s Leandra Medine will be releasing a new book slated for next year. [Source]
- Pinterest puts their foot down when it comes to thinspiration images on their website. [Source]
- Could H&M be on the verge of launching a luxury brand? [Source]
- The lyrics slay me.
- Britney Spears is joining X Factor y’all! [Source]
- Maroon 5′s new album “Overexposed” will be released in June. [Source]
- A new MGMT record will be released this September! [Source]
- Australian music group, Jet, has decided to part ways. [Source]
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros will release their second album together by the end of the year. [Source]
- A Hunger Games vacation. [Source]
- JJ Abrams isn’t letting anyone see Star Trek 2 before it comes out! [Source]
- The Weinstein Company has decided to retaliate against the MPAA and will release the new documentary, “Bully,” as unrated. [Source]
- Direct R.J. Cutler (The September Issue) will direct yet another fashion-based film. [Source]
- We said goodbye to one of my favorite series, Skins. [Source]
- Teen Mom 2 star Jenelle is going under the knife. [Source]
- Mike “The Situation” has checked into rehab for prescription pills and alcohol. [Source]
- 30 Rock will do another live episode next month. [Source]
- Lifetime has pulled a controversial episode of Dance Moms featuring the young girls as little showgirls. [Source]
- Jo Rivera from Teen Mom 2 attempts a rap career. [Source]
- Here’s a first look at AnnaSophia Robb as a young Carrie Bradshaw. [Source]
- Camille Grammer is not returning to The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. [Source]
- ABC Family has picked up the network rights to The Hunger Games – will air in 2014. [Source]
- Jimmy Kimmel will host the Emmy’s! [Source]
- Everyday Music has officially moved across the street. [Source]
- Ballard burger spot, The Counter, has closed. [Source]
- A store I recently discovered while in San Francisco, Bevmo, will open up two locations in Washington in Silverdale and Tacoma. Um…I think they really meant Seattle, but that’s not happening. [Source]
- Seattle Restaurant Week begins April 8th! [Source]
- There is a Vintage Wedding Fair going down this weekend. Swoon swoon swoon. [Source]
- Miami Heat show their support for Trayvon Martin. [Source]
- Jason Russell’s naked meltdown was because of a brief reactive psychosis. [Source]
- Tori Spelling is pregnant again. [Source]
- Kim’s flour shower. [Source]
- Megan Fox has spent $60K + on plastic surgery. [Source] Yikes.
- Hilary Duff gave birth to son Luca last week.
- Khloe Kardashian turns her back on PETA after her sister’s incident. [Source]
- VS Angel Adriana Lima is also pregnant. [Source]
Congratulations Allen Stone! The Seattle singer/songwriter will appear on Live with Jimmy Kimmel tonight to perform!
Currently watching her perform on Jimmy Kimmel.
Every day, at least one thing becomes viral. While most days involve something that came from Lana Del Rey’s mouth, today it did not. Today, many people discovered the voice of Belgian-Australian musician Wouter De Backer of Gotye who performed on Jimmy Kimmel last night. Their performance of “Somebody That I Used To Know” was so good, it sent chills up my spine. Together, Gotye and a special appearance by Kimbra is all anyone is talking about. Ugh swooning over the both of them!