It is apparent that Karl Lagerfeld’s lifestyle is one that cannot be compared to ours, but until now, I don’t think anyone ever realized just how outrageous it was. And by outrageous, I mean it is absolutely fantastic. It is comical to say the least, but it is Karl Lagerfeld and he can do whatever he wants.
Seeing Karl grocery shopping or behind the wheel of a car was out of the ordinary for him as captured in the photographs of the recent issue of French Elle, but it makes you wonder…if he is not doing these things, what exactly is he doing? Harper’s Bazaar decided to highlight aspects of his daily routine in their “My List” feature detailing his habits on choice of beverage, sleeping, how he works, and much more.
On his bath products:
When I’m ready, I soak in the bathtub, if you really want to know. I used to have a product I loved, by Shu Uemura, but they don’t make it anymore, so I found a French product that softens the water; it’s a hundred years old. I put half a bottle in the bathtub.
To read the entire article, click here.
If Karl Lagerfeld were right next to you in the cleaning products aisle, what would you do? What would you say? Would you ask him why he had two models with him? Probably not, wanna know why? Because Karl Lagerfeld can do whatever he wants. So when I tell you next that this staged photo shoot was the first time that Karl has ever stepped into a super market, you probably shouldn’t be too surprised. I mean, when has he ever had a reason to shop for his own groceries, really? When you’re eating like Karl every night, you probably would find yourself in a similar situation.
This photo along with several other photos are featured in a new piece for French Elle showcasing Karl Lagerfeld in a way like you’ve “never seen him before.” Basically he’s photographed in scenarios that would never happen to him in real life such as the grocery shopping or behind the wheel of a car. The fashion designer hasn’t driven a car since he was 18.
Check out the rest of the pics here.
- Kate Moss is the new face for Mango! [Source]
- The nominees for the 2012 Bloglovin’ Awards have been revealed. [Source]
- Alexa Chung will take on the role as creative director for Superga’s next campaign. [Source]
- Celine will not be showing at Fashion Week this year because Phoebe Philo is taking time off for her pregnancy. [Source]
- Victoria’s Secret is launching their new high-end lingerie line, “The Victoria’s Secret Designer Collection.” Some pieces were even featured in last year’s fashion show. [Source]
- Karl Lagerfeld’s capsule collection will debut tomorrow on Net-A-Porter. [Source]
- Prefix reveals their list of 100 Most Anticipated Albums for 2012! [Source]
- Katy Perry has launched a line of false eyelashes. [Source]
- iHeartRadio has chosen 14 colleges to represent their sponsored stations. Seattle is not on the list. [Source]
- 2012 exhibits at the EMP will include AC/DC and Jimi Hendrix. [Source]
- Jimmy Fallon is caught in a strange lawsuit involving female domination on his set. [Source]
- Summer Glau will join the cast of Grey’s Anatomy. [Source]
- ABC has ordered a pilot to reboot Beauty and the Beast. [Source]
- 2011 Sound Off! winners Tomten has just been signed to Flat Field Records. [Source]
- Everyone can breathe easy now – Everyday Music will be moving across the street in March where the Diamond Parking Service Garage currently lives. [Source]
- Sea-Tac Airport is partnering with PlayNetwork and the Seattle Music Commission to bring travelers in-terminal music. [Source]
- If you haven’t jumped on the bandwagon for Facebook’s new Timeline format, you better act soon or else Facebook will do it FOR you. [Source]
- Demi Lovato has checked into rehab once again reportedly for addictions to alcohol, drugs, and cocaine use. Get well soon Demi :( [Source]
- Demi Moore has also been rushed to the hospital earlier today for substance abuse. [Source]
- Paula Deen’s publicist has quit! [Source]
- Four couples in London broke the record for the world’s longest hug. Awwww! [Source]
- Vimeo is on the verge of relaunching their new website and some pretty snazzy features. [Source]
I’m not the most skilled when it comes to makeup, but I’ve got my favorites. I’ve got a wide range of products such as my Covergirl lash blast mascara found at the drugstore to my Chanel compact purchased at department stores. Oh yeah – I also like my freebies too – you know the little samples you get when you purchase a “gift.” Just kidding – that totally just ruined the definition of free, but you know what I mean. Karl Lagerfeld will be collaborating with Sephora to release his new line of beauty products out
next week yesterday and Fashionista had the first look! How adorable is this eyeshadow palette in the shape of Karl’s silhouette?
I’d also like to own this Karl Lagerfeld doll that has no beauty product power whatsoever.
A new series of posters were recently released featuring some of our favorite designers and the infamous words that have come straight out of their mouths. Designers include Karl Lagerfeld, Diane Von Furstenberg, Marc Jacobs and many more.
Need to have these framed and in my closet now please.
Get ready to purchase here!
- Look at this random editorial with Chloe Moretz and Keanu Reeves for Harper’s Bazaar. [Source]
- Miranda Kerr will model a $2.5m bejeweled bra at next month’s Victoria’s Secret fashion show. [Source]
- Karl Lagerfeld shot Elizabeth Olsen in an exclusive photoshoot that will be featured in a new coffee table book. [Source]
- The Gap will close 189 locations by the end of 2013. I don’t like the sound of this… [Source]
-Adam Levine and model girlfriend Anne Vyalitsyna have gone nude for Russian Vogue’s November 2011 cover. There’s some weird Photoshop done to Adam Levine’s torso though…see for yourself! [Source]
- Rick Ross suffered multiple seizures today while flying. [Source]
- Taylor Swift has already recorded 25 songs for her next album. [Source]
- Fans of Justin Bieber reacted negatively after hearing how he kissed another girl while filming his new music video “Mistletoe.” Oh hmm I thought music videos were real life. [Source]
- Google is planning to open a music store. It is highly doubtful that it will be something better than iTunes, but who cares anyways because I just use Spotify. [Source]
- Pitchfork will introduce a new music festival to New York this February and will be run by Bowery. This will be the first festival, I believe, to kick off all other spring music festivals. [Source]
- ABC has cancelled Charlie’s Angels. I always wanted to catch an episode – guess I never will now! [Source]
- Casey Anthony will be the next person to be highlighted in E!’s True Hollywood Story. Since when was she considered Hollywood? [Source]
- The cast of the new season for Celebrity Apprentice has just been announced. [Source]
- HBO will be developing a one-hour long television series based on “The Kids Are All Right.” [Source]
- Beginning January 2012, Netflix will begin streaming CW shows. [Source]
- Plot details have been revealed for Taken 2. [Source]
- Harry Potter’s “Crabbe” is a mean guy in real life! [Source]
- Cam’ron and Queen Latifah are collaborating on a new film company. [Source]
- To celebrate University Village’s new Microsoft store opening, they are hosting a special event for the first 200 people to visit their store on Thursday, October 20th. Those 200 people will have the option of choosing a private performance from either The Black Keys or One Republic on Friday or Saturday respectively. [Source]
- Rumor has it that Starbucks will be unveiling a new line of cold pressed juices to sell in their stores. Um wut is a cold pressed juice. [Source]
- The incident of the tip stiffing that went down last weekend at Cha Cha’s has spiraled out of control. Turns out the guy that did it has a common name and everyone with his name is just getting the blame for it. The attempt at making one person look bad has actually backfired. [Source]
- 97 new restaurants have opened in Seattle in the last couple of weeks. The majority of them are on Capitol Hill. YES! [Source]
- Former Disney actress Brenda Song and former Metro Station frontman and Miley Cyrus’s brother Trace Cyrus are engaged. Spawn child here we come! [Source]
- Maxim names Paula Deen as the ‘Hottest Female TV Chef’ [Source]
- Hollywood homes have hit the market. [Source]
- Hilary Duff is having a baby boy. Even though she’s 24, she’ll always be Lizzie McGuire to me. [Source]
- Lindsay Lohan reportedly wants to have a baby by the end of next year. Yeah I don’t think things happen like that… [Source]
- The world is also terrified by her teeth. [Source]
- Georgetown University will be offering a new 3-credit course called “Sociology of Hip-Hop: Jay-Z.” [Source]
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck are having a boy. [Source]
- College admission officers are checking the Facebook profiles and other social media pages of their applicants. [Source]
Hello Karl Lagerteddy!
François-Henri Pinault with Salma Hayek both in Alexander McQueen
There was an unbelievable amount of love for Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney at this year’s 2011 Met Ball. I think out of all the Met Ball’s I have seen, this one has provided the most looks that I have fallen in love with. Well done everyone.
This year’s theme was in tribute to the late designer Alexander McQueen as the museum debuted a new exhibition in his name. Since there were so many attendees this year, I decided to post only my favorite looks (and a few others) – don’t worry, it’s still pretty image heavy!
Where was Camilla Belle this year?
Blake Lively will be the new face for Chanel. Are we surprised? Lately, we’ve seen her donning beautiful Chanel gowns on the red carpet and in photos alongside Karl Lagerfeld; it was just a matter of time. However, I am still a little surprised that she is sans stylist. Typically her looks flip flop back and forth and she manages to come up with hit or misses on a consistent basis. While she has been doing a good job lately, I can’t say the same for some of her outfits months ago or even last year.
Blake was recently in Paris shooting new ad campaigns for the fashion house set to be released sometime early next year.