Who: Kate Middleton
Wearing: Lela Rose
Where: On a trip to Australia
Who: Kate Middleton
Wearing: Lela Rose
Where: On a trip to Australia
Ever since Kate Middleton got married in that iconic Alexander Wang gown, brides-to-be everywhere have been lusting after similar styles. We’ve seen many imitations and gowns that have gotten close, but none have come as close as the new Lia Gown by BHLDN.
Designer Catherine Deane was inspired by an intricate piece of Victorian-era lace she found in an antique market in France when she dreamed up this breathtaking, timeless, and feminine gown. From the plunging neckline to the floor-skimming hem, scalloped edges and sheer sleeves sweeten the silhouette.
This gown embodies all elements that I love: the lace, the long-sleeve, scalloped edges. ugh! This dress is a dream and I can’t wait until the retailer showcases real brides wearing this dress in their Facebook feature Real BHLDN Brides.
While I’ve been at work, I haven’t been able to watch all of the live coverage of the Royal Baby over the last couple of days, but I did like this video of Kate Middleton and Prince William introducing their son to the world yesterday. In Doobybrain’s article Herman mentions the difference between how they conduct themselves in public versus how famous American couples behave in the spotlight. It is vastly different, but kind of hard to put a finger on what exactly that is. Maybe Kate and William are just more subtle? Whatever the case, I think I prefer it. The two are a great-looking couple, but seem just as sweet. Up until now, I’ve actually never heard Kate speak either.
Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge gave birth to a healthy baby boy weighing at 8 pounds and 6 ounces at 4:24PM today. Congratulations to the happy couple!
– Rooney is the new February Vogue cover girl. [Source]
– Beyonce is rumored to be the new face of H&M. [Source]
– Adam Levine and Nicki Minaj will be collaborating with Kmart to put out clothing and accessory lines. [Source]
– The Coveteur will be hosting a children’s theme all week and is currently featuring Suri Cruise. [Source]
– Alber Elbaz will be launching a makeup collection with Lancome [Source]
– Yeah Yeah Yeahs announce new album “Mosquito.” [Source]
– Ryan Gosling could have been a Backstreet Boy. [Source]
– Denzel Washington took his 21-year old daughter Olivia to the Golden Globe Awards Sunday evening as his date, but the media thought she was actually his wife Pauletta who is 62. #awkward [Source]
– Netflix has signed a deal to stream a new batch of shows including: Adventure Time, The West Wing, Fringe, Chuck and many more. [Source]
Tommy Lee Jones’s grump face at the Golden Globes is now an internet meme. Naturally. [Source]
– Pickwick will release their debut album “Can’t Talk Medicine” on March 12. For now, here is a cover of “Lady Luck” with Sharon Van Etten [Source]
– Top Pot will open its first drive-thru in Issaquah. [Source]
– Seattle’s new Bullitt Center may be the greenest building ever. That’s Seattle for ya! [Source]
– Lindsay Lohan made yet another huge life mistake by firing her lawyer Shawn Holley and also owing her $300K in unpaid fees [Source]
– Microsoft will shut down MSN Messenger on March 15, 2013 after 13 years. [Source]
– Kate Middleton is due in July. [Source] And so is Kimye’s baby.
– Actress Lena Dunham has pledged that she won’t get married until all gay people can get married. [Source]
– Miss America Contestant Allyn Rose says the she will get a double mastectomy after she has completed a year of service as Miss DC or Miss America since her mother, aunt, and grandmother have all passed away from breast cancer. [Source]
– New Myspace is now open to the public. Meanwhile, I am still very very cautious about it. [Source]
– Nicki Minaj’s hairstylist quits. [Source]
– It was Marc Jacobs’s psychiatrist that advised him to turn down the Dior gig. [Source]
– A song about Harry Styles is on its way y’all! [Source]
– Ke$ha was paid just $1.63 to write a song for Miley Cyrus. Yes, that’s $1.63… 63 cents. [Source]
– Jurassic Park 4 will be released June 13, 2014. [Source]
– Disney’s The Hunchback of Notre Dame may hit Broadway. [Source]
– Pirates of the Caribbean, really? [Source]
– Tina Fey on Twitter.
– Britney has not only split with fiance Jason Trawick, but has also given back his $90K engagement ring. [Source]
– Facebook is considering adding a fee to send messages to people that you are not connected with for a whopping $100. [Source]
– Crystal Harris signed a pretty serious Prenup before marrying Hugh Hefner. UM HOBviously. [Source]
– Do we like this new portrait of Kate Middleton revealed yesterday? Apparently, no one does. [Source]
– Jennifer Lawrence and actor Nicholas Hoult split. [Source]
– Evan Rachel Wood and Jamie Bell are expecting their first child. [Source] Luckily that Marilyn Manson thing was just a phase…
– Reddit Co-Founder and Digital Activist Aaron Swartz has committed suicide. [Source]
– Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis are engaged! [Source]
The Duchess of Cambridge turns 31 today.
Favorite Style Icon: Taylor Swift
T. Swift has seriously stepped her game in 2012. Yes, she’s still sticking to the neutral colored dresses – but hey! That’s okay. It works for her. Taylor Swift is really just doing all the right things when it comes to her style these days and it helps that there are a handful of fabulous designers throwing their pieces at her. It’s awesome. I, of course, am jealous.
Runner Up: Michelle Obama / Kate Middleton
Who: Kate Middleton
Wearing: Irish designer Orla Kiely’s shirt dress and the “Regal” boot from the Aquatalia By Marvin K. collection
Where: Visiting Rose Hill Primary School in Oxford, England
Word on the street is that this dress is already sold out!
– Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are covering Vogue’s second annual best dressed issue. The issue highlights the best in fashionable sisters including the Olsen twins, Kate and Pippa Middleton, Dakota and Elle Fanning and many more. [Source]
– Dakota Fanning’s ad for Marc Jacobs’ “Oh Lola” fragrance has been banned for being too sexual. [Source]
– In Chloe Sevigny’s recent cover shoot for Candy Magazine photographed by Terry Richardson, the two of them collaborated in…another way. [Source] Must be weird for Terry to make out with someone that completely looks like him.
– Girl Scout cookies as chap sticks flavors [Source]
– Alber Elbaz, the designer behind Lanvin, is writing a book. [Source]
–Dakota and Elle Fanning cover W. [Source]
– The lovely and talented Dia Frampton will be releasing her first debut album on December 6th. [Source]
– To celebrate Christmas at the Rockefeller Center, Tony Bennett, Justin Bieber, Michael Bublé, Cee Lo Green, Faith Hill, Carole King, Katharine McPhee, Javier Colon and The Radio City Rockettes will be performing for the live broadcast. [Source]
– Justin Bieber is definitely taking the paternity test in two weeks and Maury is trying to recruit him to be on his show when he reveals the results. [Source] I would love to hear Maury announce, “YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER!” or vice versa.
– An acoustic performance by Fun of “We Are Young” featuring Janelle Monae. [Source]
– EMI Music has been sold to Universal for $1.9 Billion. Sony bought out EMI Music Publishing for $2.2 Billion. [Source]
– Taylor Momsen’s band, The Pretty Reckless, will support Guns ‘N Roses on tour. [Source]
– Showtime has renewed Weeds for an eighth season. [Source] I can’t believe this show isn’t over yet.
– Billy Crystal will be hosting the Oscars this year replacing Eddie Murphy. [Source]
– Lifetime TV is planning a new reality series called “Starving Secrets” to highlight the effects of having an eating disorder. [Source]
– Breaking Dawn fans are camping out for the premiere of the movie in Los Angeles. [Source] Wow, that doesn’t sound like fun at all.
– The Chihuly Garden and Glass Exhibit will open next spring at the Seattle Center and will be the world’s largest Chihuly exhibit to ever exist. [Source] Above is a photograph of our Chihuly sculpture on campus in Pigott.
– Cupcake Royale has made Breaking Dawn cupcakes to celebrate the release. [Source]
– Meet Seattle’s most influential people of 2011. [Source]
– Seattle made the list for being the 8th shopaholic city. [Source]
– These are the worst action figures of Kate and Pippa Middleton I have ever seen. [Source]
– Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves are finally following in the footsteps of their previous characters and are dating! [Source]
– 25- year old Kyla Pratt (One-on-One, Proud Family) has a one-year old daughter. [Source]
– Ex-pornstar, Sasha Grey, read children’s book to elementary students yesterday and parents were not enthused. [Source]
– A 10-year old girl from Mexico gave birth to a baby boy in a 31-week pregnancy. [Source] OH MY GOD.
– A straight rugby player suffers a stroke and goes into a coma – wakes up gay and fabulous! [Source]