Damn. Rihanna came to party with this Giambattista Valli Haute Couture Gown.
Ariana Grande in Moschino top and skirt. This is kind of a hard look for Ariana who is known for her sweet strapless dresses, but this IS her night after all – opening the VMA’s, debuting the music video for “Bang Bang” and releasing her latest album “My Everything” tonight!
Where was this song when I was turning 24?! I heard this on the radio yesterday and quickly noticed that it was Katy Perry. I loved it up until she started whispering “Happy Birthday” in the middle of the song and at the end. Um, what? So seductive and so unnecessary.
Miley Cyrus in vintage Dolce & Gabbana
Unfortunately, I was up in the air en route to San Jose this past Sunday while the MTV Video Music Awards was happening and had to miss the entire show! Just as I was getting into my seat a video was released of Justin Timberlake’s performance, but as expected I had to put my phone away RIGHT before the *NSYNC reunion. Just my luck. Coming home today, I was hoping to watch the show on my OnDemand, but reached another dead end when I saw that it hadn’t been released! So as I write this post, I haven’t seen anything, but I’ve heard lots of opinions regarding Miley Cyrus and some of the outfit choices. Here are some of the outfits worth mentioning.
As much as I used to give off the vibe that I don’t enjoy mainstream/radio music as much, I do have my moments. When Rihanna’s “Stay” comes on, I instantly transform into someone that things they can sing. I love my Ariana Grande and I love my Katy Perry. Here’s Katy’s new single Roar. GIRL ANTHEMS!
Are we halfway through summer yet? Because it feels like the summer weekends are just flying by! This weekend was the weekend of all goodbyes. With my friend Margo leaving for Philly, Ashley off to San Diego and Mandi and Eric driving to San Francisco today to start the next chapters in their lives, I am excited for what’s to come. My friend Mathew asked me last night, “Are you sad?” to which I responded, “About what?” And he said, “All your friends are leaving!” Yes, that is true; they are all leaving, but I’m not sad because they’re my friends. They are going to do great things and I would hope that if I were in their place that they would be just as happy for me and I know they would. Moving on, moving forward, life – there’s nothing to be sad about.
It’s the biggest night in fashion of the year and for the past four years, we have been covering the annual Met Gala. This year’s theme was Punk: Chaos to Couture and the celebrities did it well. Here – Dakota Fanning looks phenomenal in Rodarte.
All photos by Style
Click the cut below for more amazing looks from your favorite celebrities, designers, and models.
Happy spring readers! We’re long overdue for a Collection post so I thought I would leave you with one before I embark on the rest of my spring break venturing for the week. It’s definitely shorter than usual, but still packed with pretty pictures. I wanted to kick off this collection post with a comic from one of my favorite sites, A Softer World. Together, they are the perfect combination of beautiful photography and witty thoughts.
I feel like such a little nerd for saying this, but I have been waiting for this song to be released ever since I heard it on the Smash promos. I don’t watch Smash, but I do find this song to be pretty catch. “Touch Me” was co-penned by Ryan Tedder (OneRepublic) and Bonnie McKee who is notoriously known for writing a handful of Katy Perry’s songs.
On an important related note, this HelloGiggles post about why people shouldn’t be okay with Chris Brown performing at the Grammy’s is quite insightful. I’ve had a similar opinion for awhile, but usually when I talk about that I make jabs at his performance and the more obvious scandal. This writer, however, has got some pretty solid facts and it is worth reading. And not to start something controversial, but the reason why that HelloGiggles post is mentioned on Yow Yow is so we can avoid things like this. It’s important for all of us to remember that there’s a border between a play on words or a play off pop culture, but this is not one of those times. It’s not cute anymore especially when it involves Chris Brown. Typing things like this out as a tweet is not the same as feeling the same way or wanting to be in that situation. Not being able to tell the difference between these things frightens me and makes me fear for the safety of other young women that have this notion in their head that it is okay to say these things.
– Kate Moss is the new face for Mango! [Source]
– The nominees for the 2012 Bloglovin’ Awards have been revealed. [Source]
– Alexa Chung will take on the role as creative director for Superga’s next campaign. [Source]
– Celine will not be showing at Fashion Week this year because Phoebe Philo is taking time off for her pregnancy. [Source]
– Victoria’s Secret is launching their new high-end lingerie line, “The Victoria’s Secret Designer Collection.” Some pieces were even featured in last year’s fashion show. [Source]
– Karl Lagerfeld’s capsule collection will debut tomorrow on Net-A-Porter. [Source]
– Prefix reveals their list of 100 Most Anticipated Albums for 2012! [Source]
– Katy Perry has launched a line of false eyelashes. [Source]
– iHeartRadio has chosen 14 colleges to represent their sponsored stations. Seattle is not on the list. [Source]
– 2012 exhibits at the EMP will include AC/DC and Jimi Hendrix. [Source]
– Jimmy Fallon is caught in a strange lawsuit involving female domination on his set. [Source]
– Summer Glau will join the cast of Grey’s Anatomy. [Source]
– ABC has ordered a pilot to reboot Beauty and the Beast. [Source]
– 2011 Sound Off! winners Tomten has just been signed to Flat Field Records. [Source]
– Everyone can breathe easy now – Everyday Music will be moving across the street in March where the Diamond Parking Service Garage currently lives. [Source]
– Sea-Tac Airport is partnering with PlayNetwork and the Seattle Music Commission to bring travelers in-terminal music. [Source]
– If you haven’t jumped on the bandwagon for Facebook’s new Timeline format, you better act soon or else Facebook will do it FOR you. [Source]
– Demi Lovato has checked into rehab once again reportedly for addictions to alcohol, drugs, and cocaine use. Get well soon Demi :( [Source]
– Demi Moore has also been rushed to the hospital earlier today for substance abuse. [Source]
– Paula Deen’s publicist has quit! [Source]
– Four couples in London broke the record for the world’s longest hug. Awwww! [Source]
– Vimeo is on the verge of relaunching their new website and some pretty snazzy features. [Source]