Jay Z and Beyonce in Michael Costello – wow that dress is so close to some kind of a wardrobe malfunction or a slip? What would we call this?
Miley Cyrus in vintage Dolce & Gabbana
Unfortunately, I was up in the air en route to San Jose this past Sunday while the MTV Video Music Awards was happening and had to miss the entire show! Just as I was getting into my seat a video was released of Justin Timberlake’s performance, but as expected I had to put my phone away RIGHT before the *NSYNC reunion. Just my luck. Coming home today, I was hoping to watch the show on my OnDemand, but reached another dead end when I saw that it hadn’t been released! So as I write this post, I haven’t seen anything, but I’ve heard lots of opinions regarding Miley Cyrus and some of the outfit choices. Here are some of the outfits worth mentioning.
As much as I used to give off the vibe that I don’t enjoy mainstream/radio music as much, I do have my moments. When Rihanna’s “Stay” comes on, I instantly transform into someone that things they can sing. I love my Ariana Grande and I love my Katy Perry. Here’s Katy’s new single Roar. GIRL ANTHEMS!
Are we halfway through summer yet? Because it feels like the summer weekends are just flying by! This weekend was the weekend of all goodbyes. With my friend Margo leaving for Philly, Ashley off to San Diego and Mandi and Eric driving to San Francisco today to start the next chapters in their lives, I am excited for what’s to come. My friend Mathew asked me last night, “Are you sad?” to which I responded, “About what?” And he said, “All your friends are leaving!” Yes, that is true; they are all leaving, but I’m not sad because they’re my friends. They are going to do great things and I would hope that if I were in their place that they would be just as happy for me and I know they would. Moving on, moving forward, life – there’s nothing to be sad about.
It’s the biggest night in fashion of the year and for the past four years, we have been covering the annual Met Gala. This year’s theme was Punk: Chaos to Couture and the celebrities did it well. Here – Dakota Fanning looks phenomenal in Rodarte.
All photos by Style
Click the cut below for more amazing looks from your favorite celebrities, designers, and models.
Happy spring readers! We’re long overdue for a Collection post so I thought I would leave you with one before I embark on the rest of my spring break venturing for the week. It’s definitely shorter than usual, but still packed with pretty pictures. I wanted to kick off this collection post with a comic from one of my favorite sites, A Softer World. Together, they are the perfect combination of beautiful photography and witty thoughts.
I feel like such a little nerd for saying this, but I have been waiting for this song to be released ever since I heard it on the Smash promos. I don’t watch Smash, but I do find this song to be pretty catch. “Touch Me” was co-penned by Ryan Tedder (OneRepublic) and Bonnie McKee who is notoriously known for writing a handful of Katy Perry’s songs.
On an important related note, this HelloGiggles post about why people shouldn’t be okay with Chris Brown performing at the Grammy’s is quite insightful. I’ve had a similar opinion for awhile, but usually when I talk about that I make jabs at his performance and the more obvious scandal. This writer, however, has got some pretty solid facts and it is worth reading. And not to start something controversial, but the reason why that HelloGiggles post is mentioned on Yow Yow is so we can avoid things like this. It’s important for all of us to remember that there’s a border between a play on words or a play off pop culture, but this is not one of those times. It’s not cute anymore especially when it involves Chris Brown. Typing things like this out as a tweet is not the same as feeling the same way or wanting to be in that situation. Not being able to tell the difference between these things frightens me and makes me fear for the safety of other young women that have this notion in their head that it is okay to say these things.
- Kate Moss is the new face for Mango! [Source]
- The nominees for the 2012 Bloglovin’ Awards have been revealed. [Source]
- Alexa Chung will take on the role as creative director for Superga’s next campaign. [Source]
- Celine will not be showing at Fashion Week this year because Phoebe Philo is taking time off for her pregnancy. [Source]
- Victoria’s Secret is launching their new high-end lingerie line, “The Victoria’s Secret Designer Collection.” Some pieces were even featured in last year’s fashion show. [Source]
- Karl Lagerfeld’s capsule collection will debut tomorrow on Net-A-Porter. [Source]
- Prefix reveals their list of 100 Most Anticipated Albums for 2012! [Source]
- Katy Perry has launched a line of false eyelashes. [Source]
- iHeartRadio has chosen 14 colleges to represent their sponsored stations. Seattle is not on the list. [Source]
- 2012 exhibits at the EMP will include AC/DC and Jimi Hendrix. [Source]
- Jimmy Fallon is caught in a strange lawsuit involving female domination on his set. [Source]
- Summer Glau will join the cast of Grey’s Anatomy. [Source]
- ABC has ordered a pilot to reboot Beauty and the Beast. [Source]
- 2011 Sound Off! winners Tomten has just been signed to Flat Field Records. [Source]
- Everyone can breathe easy now – Everyday Music will be moving across the street in March where the Diamond Parking Service Garage currently lives. [Source]
- Sea-Tac Airport is partnering with PlayNetwork and the Seattle Music Commission to bring travelers in-terminal music. [Source]
- If you haven’t jumped on the bandwagon for Facebook’s new Timeline format, you better act soon or else Facebook will do it FOR you. [Source]
- Demi Lovato has checked into rehab once again reportedly for addictions to alcohol, drugs, and cocaine use. Get well soon Demi :( [Source]
- Demi Moore has also been rushed to the hospital earlier today for substance abuse. [Source]
- Paula Deen’s publicist has quit! [Source]
- Four couples in London broke the record for the world’s longest hug. Awwww! [Source]
- Vimeo is on the verge of relaunching their new website and some pretty snazzy features. [Source]
-The Kids Are All Right actress Mia Wasikowska is the new face of Miu Miu and featured in their latest campaign. [Source]
- Paul & Joe’s new beauty campaign is all about cats! [Source]
- Whitney Port will have her first runway show at New York Fashion Week. [Source]
-Viva Model Management has signed Lykke Li. [Source]
- Kristen Stewart is the new face for Balenciaga Fragrance. [Source]
-Lana Del Rey covers Billboard. Have you heard of her yet? Dis girl be blowing up! [Source]
-Tavi gets even more cooler; featured in a Wilco music video. [Source]
-Lil Wayne will publish a memoir about his days in prison. [Source]
- Katy Perry’s parents try to play matchmaker and want to set her up with Tim Tebow. [Source]
- WELP! Coachella sold out in three hours for both weekends. [Source]
- Emma Roberts has pulled out of Spring Breakers due to a conflict in creative differences. The movies stars Vanessa Hudgens, Selena Gomez, and James Franco. [Source]
- Kim Kardashian will host Live With Kelly! on Jan. 23rd. [Source]
- MTV’s Teen Mom 2 star Leah Messer is expecting twins again. [Source] Oh what’s up Kate Gosslin 2.0
- Zooey Deschanel and Channing Tatum will host Saturday Night Live. [Source]
-ABC’s “Work It” about two men cross dressing to find work was cancelled after two episodes. [Source]
- Congratulations to former Coffee Haus performers Champagne Champagne! The hip-hop trio will open for Wu-Tang Clan on their Seattle date. [Source]
- Philadelphia is the most depressing city to live in, and unfortunately, Seattle is in the top 5. [Source]
- Homegrown’s Turkey + Bacon + Avocado Sandwich is their best selling sandwich for 33 months! [Source] This is actually my favorite and I can vouch for it. If you haven’t tried it yet, you must!
- Michelle Obama is officially on Twitter. [Source]
- Nevermind Sinhead ‘O Connor ends marriage again. [Source]
- The dessert for the Golden Globes will have gold flakes dusted on top of it! [Source]
- A first look at the Jason Wu for Target campaign! The collection debuts February 5, 2012. Is anyone else as excited as I am?! [Source]
- Vera Wang will hit the ice and show off her skills on April 2nd as an honored guest by Figure Skating in Harlem. [Source]
- Indie singer Lana Del Rey has scored a modeling contract. [Source]
- The Black Keys cover the Rolling Stones’ newest issue. [Source]
- The Killers will release a new album in 2012. I still just love Hot Fuss. [Source]
- The Kardashians are hoping to launch a tabloid – just won’t quit building themselves up. [Source]
- Tim Gunn receives a daytime talk show. [Source]
- Contestants for Celebrity Apprentice have been revealed. Clay Aiken! [Source]
- Twilight will become a Broadway musical for one night on January 16. Proceeds from the event will go directly to charity Blessings in a Backpack. [Source]
- Apparently, the QFC on Broadway skipped three months ahead to Easter even passing on Valentine’s Day. [Source]
- Christine Gregoire will introduce a new bill to legalize gay marriage in Washington state. [Source]
- Michelle Bachman has officially ended her presidential bid. [Source]
- Rumored Britney Spears is shopping for a wedding dress in the direction of Betsey Johnson or Jeremy Scott. It looks like our pop princess is spicing things up by opting out of the traditional gowns that would have been made by Vera Wang. [Source]
- Nick Cannon was hospitalized after suffering from mild kidney failure. [Source]
- Zooey Deschanel has officially filed for divorce from Ben Gibbard…is also a savvy spender according to TMZ. [Source]
- Sinhead O’Connor has called off her divorce after a night of passionate lovemaking with her husband. The divorce was filed after 16 days of marriage. So…Kim Kardashian wins again? [Source]
- Emma Roberts is deferring her college experience at Sarah Lawrence in Bronxville, New York due to her work commitments and budding romance with Glee star, Chord Overstreet. [Source]
- Russell Brand and Katy Perry did not have a prenup. He could end up making $20 million off of her. [Source]
- James Franco has sold his first novel to Amazon Publishing. [Source]
Russell Brand has officially filed for divorce from pop singer Katy Perry. Rumors have been swirling about their failed marriage in the last couple of weeks especially when the two did not spend the holidays together and were seen without their wedding rings. The two were married in October of 2010, but Brand filed for divorce today in Los Angeles citing “irreconcilable differences.”
It’s sad news sure, but I am not crying over it like some people are on Twitter…courtesy of Buzzfeed.
Pink highlights or honey blonde, this look works for Katy Perry! I love that she has since toned it down in her hair, makeup and outfits at appearances. Less is most definitely more in this case. This lovely bob is such a great look for her that for a second I debated getting the same hair style. What do you guys think? Do you prefer this simple look or her outlandish ways?