Beyonce and baby bey-z in Lanvin
- This isn’t over yet?!
- Who are these Pre-VMA show hosts? So uncomfortably awkward. Please just bring back Suchin Pak and Tim Kash.
- Foster the People and Young the Giant, please gtfo MTV before the network eats you alive and makes you mainstream. Oh wait…
- Oh Gabe Saporta…I’ve still got a crush on you.
- Lady Gaga in the opening of the VMA’s. The look on Britney Spears, Adele and Justin Bieber’s face…priceless. Were her antics a little too much tonight?
- Congratulations Beyonce and Jay-Z who are expecting! One blog already think this might be a publicity stunt.
- I love Jay-Z.
- Miley, I don’t like your dress.
- Katy Perry – Too soon for that Kanye-Swift joke?
- Chachi Gonzales, I see you dancing in the Britney Spears tribute! How adorable were those little girls dancing in it?
- I loved Beyonce’s performance!
Favorite performances of the night:
- Perez Hilton calls Chris Brown out for his completely lip-synched performance. Whatever – everyone was thinking it! [Source]
- Jay-Z also did not clap for Chris Brown probably because he’s the one that discovered Rihanna. Way to go Jay – bit also, did anyone even understand that performance?
- For some reason, I wasn’t really feeling Jessie J tonight as the house band.
- Katie Holmes presenting video of the year…that’s random.
- The VMA’s didn’t have a host this year, but I think we saw way too much of Lady Gaga or her male counterpart. It almost got to the point of being too obnoxious for me and I think the organization of her presenting the award to Britney Spears was a little weird because her tribute was cut short when they both had to introduce Beyonce. There could have been a commercial break in there because Gaga awkwardly stole Britney’s thunder.
- Justin Bieber ruining my favorite childhood television show. [Source]
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen prepare to launch their new t-shirt collection StyleMint with a video here
- Writer Marianne Power wrote about her experience of going to work for a month without looking in the mirror. The end result? Less anxiety over what she wore, more compliments, and more self-confidence! [Source]
- Marilyn Monroe’s iconic “subway dress” has been auctioned off for a whopping $5.52 million. [Source]
- Glee’s current class will graduate in 2012 and a new batch will roll in! [Source]
- Nicole Richie practicing her moves for Britney’s concert last night. She may be a better dancer than the queen herself…just sayin.
- Jackass star Ryan Dunn was killed in a car accident due to blunt and thermal trauma. [Source]
- Katy Perry’s “Firework” is this generation’s anti-gay anthem. [Source]
- This actor (51) from Green Mile – I swear I’ve never heard of him – married this sixteen year old girl from Washington who was in the running for Miss Teen Washington last year. Barf. [Source]
- I just found out yesterday that my favorite thrift store on the hill – Atlas – is moving to Fremont. Now I have no proof to show my friends how hipster I have become over the past few years.
- InStyle Magazine is trying something new by producing a scratch-and-sniff July issue with five notable scents to remind you of summer. (I thought this was what the perfume ads were for.) [Source]
- Gawker breaks the stereotype by bringing you a photo essay of what gay men really look like. [Source]
- Miss Hailee Steinfeld is officially the new face of Miu Miu. [Source]
- Justin Bieber is launching a fragrance for his fans called “Someday.” [Source]
- People sometimes forget that riders exist for bands and musicians. Fulfilling Katy Perry’s sounds a little bit like a nightmare. [Source]
- Selena Gomez’s new album cover is somewhat questionable. [Source]
- Lady Gaga and Starbucks are collaborating on a scavenger hunt together! (Not sure what this means because I’m too lazy to read all the text and this is also the most random pairing ever, but here you go!) [Source]
- Friendly Fires released their new album “Pala” yesterday. [Source]
- Lady Gaga was named Forbes’ top celebrity. [Source]
- Glee’s Matthew Morrison will join The Backstreet Boys and The New Kids on the Block on their tour this summer. [Source]
- Kat Dennings makes her return to television in her new CBS comedy 2 Broke Girls. [Source]
- The judges from the current season of NBC’s The Voice will return for season two. [Source]
- Saturday Night Live promo Justin Timberlake
- Who’s getting excited for the return of Pretty Little Liars?! Summer TELEVISION, you are mine.
- This Saturday is Seattle University’s Quadstock, but as I’m sure you already know… it is for students only! Lucky us!
- Since you can’t make it to Quadstock, you should head on over to Cal Anderson for the first ever four-on-four dodge ball tournament. Sounds brutal. [Source]
oh Capitol Hill Seattle – you really are one of my favorite blogs!
- Model Lily Aldridge married Kings of Leon front man Caleb Followill last week in a custom-made Vera Wang wedding gown. [Source]
- Vogue Editor-in-Chief’ Anna Wintour’s daughter Bee Shaffer has fled to LA to work alongside Glee’s head honcho Ryan Murphy. While Bee is not working with Glee specifically, she is assisting him with his many projects that may or may not include Glee’s 3-d movie. [Source]
- Essie’s Summer 2011 Brazilliant collection is on my must-have list. [Source]
- James Franco has graduated from New York University. Which school will he end up at next? Correct answer – University of Houston in the fall. [Source]
- Arnold Schwarzenegger’s son Patrick is trying to drop his father’s name to take his mother’s. [Source]
- Kia Grasty describes what it is like to clean up after “privileged” college students who are the sons and daughters of well-known people in the industry for a living with a $140,000 salary. [Source]
- A Hello Kitty theme park will debut in China in 2014. OH MY GOODNESS! [Source]
The City’s HBIC Erin Kaplan will be leaving her position as Head of PR at Elle Magazine to replace Eleanor Banco at Teen Vogue for the same position. [Source]
- Could Pac-Man be turned into a reality series? [Source]
- Bravo announces the return high-quality television series:
- Colin Firth receives his Hollywood Star [Source]
- Oprah reveals her biggest failure was starring in and producing the 1998 adaptation of Toni Morrison’s “Beloved.” [Source]
- “Touched By An Angel” actor John Dye has died at 47. [Source]
- If Orlando Bloom were to appear in “The Hobbit,” he would receive $1 million for a two-minute stint. [Source]
- Carey Mulligan will return to the stage this spring. [Source]
- America Ferrera will appear on “The Good Wife.” [Source]
- Disney pushing a Tron sequel? [Source]
- Backstreet Boy A.J. McLean has returned to rehab to sober up before the big NKOTB/Backstreet Boys tour. [Source]
- Taylor Swift – Back to December
- Etta James has been diagnosed with leukemia. [Source]
- Usher has canceled his OMG tour…again. [Source]
- Model Devon Aoki is engaged and pregnant. [Source]
- Christian Bale will not allow his daughter to pursue child acting. [Source]
- U.S. retailer Target will buy Canada’s Zellers for $1.8 billion, which means Canada will finally be getting their own Target. [Source]
- The first performers to be announced at the Grammy Awards this year will be nominees Arcade Fire, Eminem, Cee Lo Green, Lady Gaga, Miranda Lambert, and Katy Perry. [Source]
- Keira Knightley and Rupert Friend have split. [Source]
- Peter Fonda discovered a dead body in a car. [Source]
- Gucci Mane had an ice cream cone tattooed on his face. [Source]
“The Rose Boy” is at it again! [Source]
- Selma Blair is pregnant w/ fashion designer boyfriend Jason Bleick. [Source]
- Miranda Kerr and Orlando Bloom have been having a hard time naming their son. [Source]
- Kristen Stewart is on the cover of the February issue of Vogue looking awkward as always! [Source]
- Gwen Stefani is the new face of L’Oreal. [Source]
- The Kardashian sisters will launch the Kardashian Kollection at Sears. [Source]
Ashley Tisdale in Farah Angsana
I haven’t rated looks in forever, but I might just start up again. I give this look a 4.7 because I am loving her resort-esque dress even during the winter time. The blend of chartreuse and pink in the dress help bring out her warm skin tone and are really quite complimentary to the entire look itself. She also gets points for doing the boho look without looking homeless hippy.
According to Maura Johnston, that catchy Train song “Hey, Soul Sister” is the number one worst song of 2010. In her post, she gave us 12 reasons why this song sucks so hard. Though they are believable reasons, I can’t fully agree with her that the song is the worst, but there are some parts of the song that have caused me to question its attractiveness.
My favorite reason of hers:
The ukulele. The fuck?
After reading her post, I was reminded of another song that left me feeling the same way. In a car ride with my best friend yesterday, we ended up dissecting Katy Perry’s “Firework.” Lyrics in question?
“Do you ever feel like a plastic bag?”
“Boom boom boom, even brighter than the moon moon moon.”
Conan will debut November 8th on TBS and with the premiere comes a new house band. Jimmy Vivino will lead The Basic Cable Band. [Source]
- Suri Cruise will wear a $6,000 princess dress for Halloween with diamonds. She is still four years old. [Source]
- Jean Claude Van Damme suffered from a heart attack while on the set of his new film Weapon shot in New Orleans. [Source]
- Christina Aguilera may have dumped hubby Jordan Bratman because he wasn’t attractive enough, but there are many rumors swirling around right now. [Source]
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt has canceled his fall formal show because he is still grieving over his brother Dan. :( [Source]
- Ben Gibbard sings the National Anthem at the Phillies/Giants game and wife Zooey Deschanel sings “God Bless America.” How indie of them…I love it!
- Katy Perry and Russell Brand will marry sans pre-nup [Source]
- Kanye’s new single will feature 11 artists including: Rihanna, Alicia Keys, John Legend, The-Dream, Tony Williams, Charlie Wilson, Ryan Leslie, Fergie, La Roux’s Elly Jackson, the aforementioned Kid Cudi and Rock legend Elton John. [Source]
- Kat Von D has dumped Jesse James and gotten back with her ex-boyfriend Nikki Sixx. [Source]
- Sweet Valley High Confidential follows the story of twins Elizabeth and Jessica at 26 and out of high school. You’ll find out about the drama and the scandals that tore these two sisters apart as well as within their group of friends. Is this still for pre-teens? [Source]
Katy Perry [after spotting an old crush in the crowd when she played a show at her old high school.]:
oh Katy Perry…this is why I sometimes like you!