Lucy Hale in Wes Gordon
This is my favorite dress of the night! I actually once purchased one almost exactly like it from ASOS until they ran out of my size.
On the season finale of The Glee Project, my favorite contestant Cameron returned for the final episode. While I was extremely happy that Damien took home the win, I don’t think I paid that much attention to him as much as I focused on the scenes Cameron was actually in. Bree and I agreed last night that while it is obvious that he is talented, there is definitely something that draws our eye towards him throughout the entire episode. Sure, it’s his voice and the hipster attire, but another part of me thinks that it is because he represents a group of people that has never been a part of the in crowd: the nerds. There’s no one like him on Glee or even on television right now.
As we all know, I’ve got a pretty sweet spot for the nerds – as do many girls. Can you really find a reason to not like one? I mean, have you ever seen a douchey nerd? And I’m not talking about those pretentious characters in television shows, I mean in real life. They don’t exist! They never cheat, except for that one episode of Saved By the Bell. They are known for being the shy smart types. They’ve got a type of style that isn’t mainstream and they always seem to know what’s going on before everyone else. A blogger’s dream right? Today, I learned from HelloGiggles that there’s actually a distinction between geek, nerd and dork. Who knew, right?
“Geek- Smart but not awkward
Nerd- Smart and awkward
Dork- Smart in less useful areas, awkward but proud regardless”
Feel free to read the rest of the article here:
What I also recognized today was the similarities between a nerd and a hipster. The same transition process occurs when scenesters become hipster. In this case, you start out being a nerd and develop into a full-grown adult-sized hipster. I’ve decided to highlight some of my favorite nerds in this post, but I’ll let you be the judge as to whether or not they are really as hip as they appear to be.
[Cameron Mitchell - The Glee Project right]
I think I’ve talked enough about Cameron in the text above so I won’t exhaust you anymore. He is basically the proudest nerd I have ever seen promoting the “Nerd Herd” in his YouTube videos, on the television series, and even in his music.
- Happy 23rd birthday to my favorite Gleek Kevin McHale!
- Forever 21 is threatening to sue WTForever21.com blogger Rachel Kane for defamation and trademark infringement. [Source]
- Pantone has released 175 new colors since 2003 bringing their current color roster to 2,100. [Source]
- Anna Wintour accepted her Webby Award last night with a five-word speech: Sometimes, geek can be chic.
Watch the video of her acceptance here.
- Natalie Portman has given birth to a boy! [Source]
- Hugh Hefner and Crystal Harris called off their wedding slash she became runaway bride. [Source]
- Tobey Maguire is featured in Prada’s menswear fall/winter ad campaign. [Source]
- Ina Garten of Barefoot Contessa has trademarked “How easy is that?” [Source]
- Victoria and David Beckham have asked Eva Longoria to be the godmother of their unborn child. [Source]
-Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants author Ann Brashares has written a fifth book in the series to be released as the girls go through adulthood. The book came out today. [Source]
- Aritzia’s flagship store located in Soho will open tomorrow!
- The Nordstrom half yearly sale for men begins Friday!
- The St. Regis Hotel has debuted their 1,700 square foot Tiffany and Co. themed suite on the 14th floor. [Source]
- The Foo Fighters are poking fun at tour riders by releasing a coloring book about their needs. [Source]
- Could Ben and Jerry’s possibly have a new flavor in the works called “Schweddy Balls?” [Source]
- There’s a new issue surrounding expecting mom’s to be called Mommyrexia for women who attempt at staying skinny while being pregnant. WOW… that sounds like the a terrible idea. [Source]
- Facebook lost 6M users last month. Could the social networking website be at its peak? [Source]
- Can anyone explain why the windows of Seattle businesses and restaurants keep getting smashed? [Source]
- Two people died this past weekend at Bonnaroo. [Source]
- Come see the Friendly Fires on tour this summer and fall. [Source]
- Atmosphere has announced the Family Vacation tour. [Source]
- Watch these kids react to Lady Gaga.
Olivia Wilde in Marchesa
Chocolate brown and gold sequins are the perfect combination for this Golden Globe gown. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen Olivia look this good! I also loved that she wore her hair down with her bangs since we are typically used to seeing it done up.