It’s the biggest night in fashion of the year and for the past four years, we have been covering the annual Met Gala. This year’s theme was Punk: Chaos to Couture and the celebrities did it well. Here – Dakota Fanning looks phenomenal in Rodarte.
All photos by Style
Click the cut below for more amazing looks from your favorite celebrities, designers, and models.
Good morning readers! I hope all of you are about to embark on a lovely weekend. It’s supposed to rain all week here in Seattle so there’s that! For the most part though, I am catching up with old friends, seeing one of them off to Hawaii, and putting in a great deal of work to Yow Yow…all week long. I am so excited to be sharing with you all of our updates. However, more on that later. The story of this morning is this:
Ray J is releasing a new single entitled “I Hit It First” (clearly throwing shade to Kim Kardashian and Kanye West!) and here’s the cover of the track.
And here are some fun lyrics to go with it!
She might move on to rappers and ballplayers
But we all know I hit it first.
I had her head going North and her ass going South
But now baby chose to go West
No matter where she goes or who she knows
She still belongs in my bed.
As the Ashley’s on my favorite kid TV series would say… “Scandalous!”
Kim Kardashian – say it with us. Acceptance!
It pains my heart to know that there are so many designers – even high end designers – that create lines catered for maternity so that women can look and feel great during what could be an unflattering period of time in their lives. Kudos to Kim for not feeling self-conscious at all and persevering, but it is tough to watch these outfits day-after-day. Kanye, I thought you were the styling guru. What’s going on?
*And then there’s this article
- Rooney is the new February Vogue cover girl. [Source]
- Beyonce is rumored to be the new face of H&M. [Source]
- Adam Levine and Nicki Minaj will be collaborating with Kmart to put out clothing and accessory lines. [Source]
- The Coveteur will be hosting a children’s theme all week and is currently featuring Suri Cruise. [Source]
- Alber Elbaz will be launching a makeup collection with Lancome [Source]
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs announce new album “Mosquito.” [Source]
- Ryan Gosling could have been a Backstreet Boy. [Source]
- Denzel Washington took his 21-year old daughter Olivia to the Golden Globe Awards Sunday evening as his date, but the media thought she was actually his wife Pauletta who is 62. #awkward [Source]
- Netflix has signed a deal to stream a new batch of shows including: Adventure Time, The West Wing, Fringe, Chuck and many more. [Source]
Tommy Lee Jones’s grump face at the Golden Globes is now an internet meme. Naturally. [Source]
- Pickwick will release their debut album “Can’t Talk Medicine” on March 12. For now, here is a cover of “Lady Luck” with Sharon Van Etten [Source]
- Top Pot will open its first drive-thru in Issaquah. [Source]
- Seattle’s new Bullitt Center may be the greenest building ever. That’s Seattle for ya! [Source]
- Lindsay Lohan made yet another huge life mistake by firing her lawyer Shawn Holley and also owing her $300K in unpaid fees [Source]
- Microsoft will shut down MSN Messenger on March 15, 2013 after 13 years. [Source]
- Kate Middleton is due in July. [Source] And so is Kimye’s baby.
- Actress Lena Dunham has pledged that she won’t get married until all gay people can get married. [Source]
- Miss America Contestant Allyn Rose says the she will get a double mastectomy after she has completed a year of service as Miss DC or Miss America since her mother, aunt, and grandmother have all passed away from breast cancer. [Source]
- New Myspace is now open to the public. Meanwhile, I am still very very cautious about it. [Source]
- Zooey Deschanel does not look like Zooey Deschanel on the cover of Glamour. [Source]
- Fake braces are all the rage right now in Asia. [Source]
- Girls will be releasing a soundtrack in January! Excited. Hope this is on Spotify because their music selection is. on. point. [Source]
- Our girl Britney will be working on a new album. [Source]
- a scripted hour-long drama is in the works for E! and will be a mixture of Gallery Girls and Mean Girls called Gallerina [Source]
- Ann Curry won’t let that NBC drama get her down. Apparently, she’s been contacted for a position at CNN as an anchor. [Source]
- The shows that ended in 2012.
- Andddd the television characters that passed away in 2012. [Source]
- The Twilight Saga was voted the worst movies of all time. Shocker. [Source]
- We prepare to say goodbye to the iconic Easy Street Records on Queen Anne. [Source]
- Hugh Hefner and Crystal Harris finally got married! She didn’t run away this time. [Source]
Did I mention that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are having a spawn baby together?
- The PS2 is not more. Japan stops production. [Source]
- Are you in a profession that could lead you to being a psychopath?
Author Kevin Dutton tells us in his new book which professions are most likely and least likely to lead to psychopathy. [Source]
- Alexa Chung has made her Instagram private after several of her followers left comments for her on this picture saying that she was too thin. She responded, “Ok everyone thanks for the teen angst discussions. People are different sizes. I’m not trying to be thinspo for anyone.” [Source]
- Rag & Bone will launch a handbag line this fall. [Source]
- Nicki Minaj will develop her own fragrance. [Source]
- This photo of two models kissing in Urban Outfitters’ latest catalog has stirred up some controversy with the One Million Moms (OMM) Organization.
“The content is offensive and inappropriate for a teen who is the company’s target customer.” And they’re asking supporters to boycott the retailer: “Tell them you will also no longer shop at their stores if you hear this type of advertising continues.”
Whatever, man. There’s always some organization that brings up this issue every month. [Source]
- Marchesa may be launching a contemporary line very soon. [Source]
- I’ve been waiting for this album, but I don’t have to wait much longer since Metric’s “Synthetica” will be out June 12. [Source]
- After debuting Tupac’s hologram at Coachella this past weekend, Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg are now considering taking it on tour with them. [Source]
- Zooey totally sold me on the iPhone 4s in this commercial. It was the tomato soup.
- NBC will stream the entire 2012 Summer Olympics in London. I get that it’s popular these days, but it’s gonna be on NBC all day every day. [Source]
- MTV’s Teen Wolf will return in June for their second season. [Source]
- The Seattle Center will partner with Coca-Cola and name them the “official beverage” of the space and will celebrate them at their Next Fifty event. [Source]
- Congratulations to The Stranger writer, Eli Sanders, for his Pulitzer on feature writing! So much of my Seattle news comes from this blog so I think credit should be given when deserved. [Source]
- Tru Blood stars Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer are expecting. [Source]
- Angelina Jolie’s engagement ring from Brad Pitt is reportedly worth $1 million dollars. [Source
- Kanye West apparently broke up with Kim Kardashian via text. [Source]
- Dick Clark has passed away after suffering a heart attack. He was 82 years old. [Source]
- Victoria Beckham’s birthday cake…is not a real cake. It’s fruit. [Source]
- Bloggers are making their mark on the world! The Man Repeller’s Leandra Medine will be releasing a new book slated for next year. [Source]
- Pinterest puts their foot down when it comes to thinspiration images on their website. [Source]
- Could H&M be on the verge of launching a luxury brand? [Source]
- The lyrics slay me.
- Britney Spears is joining X Factor y’all! [Source]
- Maroon 5′s new album “Overexposed” will be released in June. [Source]
- A new MGMT record will be released this September! [Source]
- Australian music group, Jet, has decided to part ways. [Source]
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros will release their second album together by the end of the year. [Source]
- A Hunger Games vacation. [Source]
- JJ Abrams isn’t letting anyone see Star Trek 2 before it comes out! [Source]
- The Weinstein Company has decided to retaliate against the MPAA and will release the new documentary, “Bully,” as unrated. [Source]
- Direct R.J. Cutler (The September Issue) will direct yet another fashion-based film. [Source]
- We said goodbye to one of my favorite series, Skins. [Source]
- Teen Mom 2 star Jenelle is going under the knife. [Source]
- Mike “The Situation” has checked into rehab for prescription pills and alcohol. [Source]
- 30 Rock will do another live episode next month. [Source]
- Lifetime has pulled a controversial episode of Dance Moms featuring the young girls as little showgirls. [Source]
- Jo Rivera from Teen Mom 2 attempts a rap career. [Source]
- Here’s a first look at AnnaSophia Robb as a young Carrie Bradshaw. [Source]
- Camille Grammer is not returning to The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. [Source]
- ABC Family has picked up the network rights to The Hunger Games – will air in 2014. [Source]
- Jimmy Kimmel will host the Emmy’s! [Source]
- Everyday Music has officially moved across the street. [Source]
- Ballard burger spot, The Counter, has closed. [Source]
- A store I recently discovered while in San Francisco, Bevmo, will open up two locations in Washington in Silverdale and Tacoma. Um…I think they really meant Seattle, but that’s not happening. [Source]
- Seattle Restaurant Week begins April 8th! [Source]
- There is a Vintage Wedding Fair going down this weekend. Swoon swoon swoon. [Source]
- Miami Heat show their support for Trayvon Martin. [Source]
- Jason Russell’s naked meltdown was because of a brief reactive psychosis. [Source]
- Tori Spelling is pregnant again. [Source]
- Kim’s flour shower. [Source]
- Megan Fox has spent $60K + on plastic surgery. [Source] Yikes.
- Hilary Duff gave birth to son Luca last week.
- Khloe Kardashian turns her back on PETA after her sister’s incident. [Source]
- VS Angel Adriana Lima is also pregnant. [Source]
-The Kids Are All Right actress Mia Wasikowska is the new face of Miu Miu and featured in their latest campaign. [Source]
- Paul & Joe’s new beauty campaign is all about cats! [Source]
- Whitney Port will have her first runway show at New York Fashion Week. [Source]
-Viva Model Management has signed Lykke Li. [Source]
- Kristen Stewart is the new face for Balenciaga Fragrance. [Source]
-Lana Del Rey covers Billboard. Have you heard of her yet? Dis girl be blowing up! [Source]
-Tavi gets even more cooler; featured in a Wilco music video. [Source]
-Lil Wayne will publish a memoir about his days in prison. [Source]
- Katy Perry’s parents try to play matchmaker and want to set her up with Tim Tebow. [Source]
- WELP! Coachella sold out in three hours for both weekends. [Source]
- Emma Roberts has pulled out of Spring Breakers due to a conflict in creative differences. The movies stars Vanessa Hudgens, Selena Gomez, and James Franco. [Source]
- Kim Kardashian will host Live With Kelly! on Jan. 23rd. [Source]
- MTV’s Teen Mom 2 star Leah Messer is expecting twins again. [Source] Oh what’s up Kate Gosslin 2.0
- Zooey Deschanel and Channing Tatum will host Saturday Night Live. [Source]
-ABC’s “Work It” about two men cross dressing to find work was cancelled after two episodes. [Source]
- Congratulations to former Coffee Haus performers Champagne Champagne! The hip-hop trio will open for Wu-Tang Clan on their Seattle date. [Source]
- Philadelphia is the most depressing city to live in, and unfortunately, Seattle is in the top 5. [Source]
- Homegrown’s Turkey + Bacon + Avocado Sandwich is their best selling sandwich for 33 months! [Source] This is actually my favorite and I can vouch for it. If you haven’t tried it yet, you must!
- Michelle Obama is officially on Twitter. [Source]
- Nevermind Sinhead ‘O Connor ends marriage again. [Source]
- The dessert for the Golden Globes will have gold flakes dusted on top of it! [Source]
- Victoria’s Secret Angel Alessandra Ambrosio is four months pregnant! That means that when she was walking in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show last month, she was about two months along. This will be her second child with fiance Jamie Mazur. The couple already have a 3-year old daughter. [Source]
- Sinhead O’Connor is ending her marriage after 16 days. That’s not nearly as long as Kim Kardashian’s, but then again she doesn’t have a show on E! so it’s not that big of a deal. [Source]
- Could Kanye be giving his career in fashion a second try? Rumor has it that the hip hop star will pack up and move to London to pursue a more serious career in fashion design. [Source]
- Capitol Hill’s Skillet Diner made the list for the best top five restaurants that opened in 2011. [Source]
- Who knew? Fashion designer Vera Wang is also an ice skater! As if she couldn’t look graceful enough… [Source]
- Matthew McConaughey is engaged to Camila Alves. [Source]
- Refinery 29 picks their 15 favorite albums of 2011. [Source]
Hooray! My favorite Victoria’s Secret Angel Lily Aldridge and her husband Caleb Followill of Kings of Leon are expecting! [Source]
“Baby, by the time you have kids and they’re in school, no one will care about you.”
– Kris Humphries, fighting like an old married couple with Kim Kardashian before the end of their 72-day marriage, on Kourtney and Kim Take New York