It’s the biggest night in fashion of the year and for the past four years, we have been covering the annual Met Gala. This year’s theme was Punk: Chaos to Couture and the celebrities did it well. Here – Dakota Fanning looks phenomenal in Rodarte.
All photos by Style
Click the cut below for more amazing looks from your favorite celebrities, designers, and models.
Unfortunately, I’m a little behind on my news having not blogged consistently for the past couple of weeks, but this is the best I could do!
- Designer Tracy Feith will design for TOMS Shoes. The designer was known for his highly successful collection for Target. [Source]
- Vogue has announced that they will no longer be working with models under the age of 16 or models who look unhealthy. [Source]
- Justin Timberlake is still not returning to music because he’s too busy working on a design line for HomeMint. [Source]
- The Wanted’s latest track, “Chasing the Sun” will be used as the title track for Ice Age 4: Continental Drift. [Source]
- Earlier this week, a first-grader was suspended for singing the line “I’m sexy and I know it” from LMFAO’s latest song. [Source]
- Teen Wolf Season 2. It’s almost here. [Source]
- Will Jeopardy host, Alex Trabek, leave the show? I sure hope not. [Source]
- Britney Spears and Demi Lovato have joined The X Factor. [Source]
- The Jonas Brothers are getting a reality show on E! y’all! [Source]
- Twilight’s Kellan Lutz has just signed on to play Tarzan in the new animated film. [Source]
- And yet another trailer for The Amazing Spider Man.
- Outkast’s Andre 3000 will begin shooting for the Jimi Hendrix biopic next month. [Source]
- The Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF) lineup is up! [Source]
- A new Seattle spot is opening up and it is dedicated to one of my favorite desserts – the Molten Chocolate Cake. Hot Cakes Molten Chocolate Cakery will open up later on this month. [Source]
- Demi Moore has officially changed her Twitter handle. [Source]
- Jessica Simpson finally gave birth to a baby girl named Maxwell Drew Johnson.
- RIP to the Beastie Boys’ Adam “MCA” Youch. He passed away Friday at age 47 after battling cancer for two years.
- Kings of Leon’s Jared Followill has proposed to model Martha Patterson. The two have been dating for only a few months. [Source]
- SNL’s Taran Killam and HIMYM’s Cobie Smulders will marry this September. [Source]
- Victoria’s Secret Angel Alessandra Ambrosio is four months pregnant! That means that when she was walking in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show last month, she was about two months along. This will be her second child with fiance Jamie Mazur. The couple already have a 3-year old daughter. [Source]
- Sinhead O’Connor is ending her marriage after 16 days. That’s not nearly as long as Kim Kardashian’s, but then again she doesn’t have a show on E! so it’s not that big of a deal. [Source]
- Could Kanye be giving his career in fashion a second try? Rumor has it that the hip hop star will pack up and move to London to pursue a more serious career in fashion design. [Source]
- Capitol Hill’s Skillet Diner made the list for the best top five restaurants that opened in 2011. [Source]
- Who knew? Fashion designer Vera Wang is also an ice skater! As if she couldn’t look graceful enough… [Source]
- Matthew McConaughey is engaged to Camila Alves. [Source]
- Refinery 29 picks their 15 favorite albums of 2011. [Source]
Hooray! My favorite Victoria’s Secret Angel Lily Aldridge and her husband Caleb Followill of Kings of Leon are expecting! [Source]
The Kings of Leon have decided to abandon the rest of their U.S. tour due to the health issues revolving around frontman Caleb Followill. Followill has been suffering from exhaustion and “vocal issues,” but it seems as if not even the whole band can stand by that statement. Caleb’s brother and bandmate Jared Followill wrote via Twitter, ““I can’t lie,” he said. “There are problems in our band bigger than not drinking enough Gatorade,” after they ended their Dallas show 30 minutes in.
- Before Dov Charney founded American Apparel, he was just an innocent Fashionisto. [Source]
- Vanessa Hudgens was caught smoking last night while she was out and when she was spotted, homegirl went ballistic on the paps. [Source]
- Netflix‘s genius plan of increasing their prices will cost them an estimated 2.5M subscribers. I hope it’s worth it Netflix!
- Hello Kitty creator Yuko Shimizu has decided to introduce a new character into Hello Kitty’s posse named Rebecca Bonbon. [Source]
- Alexander Skarsgard and Kate Bosworth have called it quits. [Source]
- Nickelodeon bringing back the 90’s was a great idea because ratings have skyrocketed! [Source]
- Kristin Cavallari had a “Carrie Bradshaw” moment in which she posed in a wedding spread before her wedding, which unfortunately, was called off earlier this week. [Source]
- Alexander McQueen’s exhibit hours will be extended to midnight on its last days August 6th and 7th. [Source]
- Olivia Palermo’s “traveling” focused (and fashion) blog will debut next month. [Source]
- Rachel Zoe will design a kids line. [Source]
- Meanwhile David Beckham will collaborate in a collection for H&M. [Source]
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen joined TOMS founder Blake Mycoskie in Honduras to personally bring to children new pairs of shoes. [Source]
- Terry Richardson will be releasing a photo book in which he will compile 10 months worth of photos that he had taken of Lady Gaga while following her around in a project. [Source]
- The Kings of Leon show in Dallas abruptly ended last night 30 minutes in because Caleb Followill stormed off the stage to go throw up after being too intoxicated and…never returned. Fans in Texas are not impressed. [Source]
- Alexander McQueen left $80,000 to his dogs in his will. [Source]
- Apparently a new study proves that marriages are more successful if they follow the sitcom formula – ie) skinny wife w/ a chubby hubby! [Source]
- Lauren Conrad hopes to open up a cupcake shop in Hollywood. [Source]
- Po Dog on the Ave will be converted into a bar called “Detention.” How educational of them. [Source]
- Miss Hailee Steinfeld is officially the new face of Miu Miu. [Source]
- Justin Bieber is launching a fragrance for his fans called “Someday.” [Source]
- People sometimes forget that riders exist for bands and musicians. Fulfilling Katy Perry’s sounds a little bit like a nightmare. [Source]
- Selena Gomez’s new album cover is somewhat questionable. [Source]
- Lady Gaga and Starbucks are collaborating on a scavenger hunt together! (Not sure what this means because I’m too lazy to read all the text and this is also the most random pairing ever, but here you go!) [Source]
- Friendly Fires released their new album “Pala” yesterday. [Source]
- Lady Gaga was named Forbes’ top celebrity. [Source]
- Glee’s Matthew Morrison will join The Backstreet Boys and The New Kids on the Block on their tour this summer. [Source]
- Kat Dennings makes her return to television in her new CBS comedy 2 Broke Girls. [Source]
- The judges from the current season of NBC’s The Voice will return for season two. [Source]
- Saturday Night Live promo Justin Timberlake
- Who’s getting excited for the return of Pretty Little Liars?! Summer TELEVISION, you are mine.
- This Saturday is Seattle University’s Quadstock, but as I’m sure you already know… it is for students only! Lucky us!
- Since you can’t make it to Quadstock, you should head on over to Cal Anderson for the first ever four-on-four dodge ball tournament. Sounds brutal. [Source]
oh Capitol Hill Seattle – you really are one of my favorite blogs!
- Model Lily Aldridge married Kings of Leon front man Caleb Followill last week in a custom-made Vera Wang wedding gown. [Source]
- Vogue Editor-in-Chief’ Anna Wintour’s daughter Bee Shaffer has fled to LA to work alongside Glee’s head honcho Ryan Murphy. While Bee is not working with Glee specifically, she is assisting him with his many projects that may or may not include Glee’s 3-d movie. [Source]
- Essie’s Summer 2011 Brazilliant collection is on my must-have list. [Source]
- James Franco has graduated from New York University. Which school will he end up at next? Correct answer – University of Houston in the fall. [Source]
- Arnold Schwarzenegger’s son Patrick is trying to drop his father’s name to take his mother’s. [Source]
- Kia Grasty describes what it is like to clean up after “privileged” college students who are the sons and daughters of well-known people in the industry for a living with a $140,000 salary. [Source]
- A Hello Kitty theme park will debut in China in 2014. OH MY GOODNESS! [Source]
- Glee actress Dianna Agron recently tested for the reboot of the new Spiderman starring Andrew Garfield.
- Pacific Coast News reported that they saw Miley Cyrus out last night at Voyeur Nightclub in Hollywood. The club is 21+ and themed around sex. Miley is 17.[Source]
- Jersey Shore’s Snooki was unable to find herself a gorilla juicehead on the most recent season of MTV’s Jersey Shore so the network will be giving Snooks her very own reality dating show. [Source]
- Fashion stylist to the stars Rachel Zoe may possibly be pregnant. If true, this news is coming in at a good time since she recently had a mutual breakup with assistant Brad Goreski and there has not been any word on whether or not her show The Rachel Zoe Project will be renewed. [Source]
- The Power Rangers are returning to the tube with Power Rangers Samurai! The site was recently launched this week and features the characters in the show. They finally cast an Asian actress for the part of the pink ranger and not the yellow ranger. [Source]
- After 13 years, Heidi Klum has decided to hang up her wings from Victoria’s Secret. [Source]
Baby Paris Hilton running away from Nancy Reagan. Oh the good ‘ol days…
- Rick Sanchez has been fired from CNN [Source]
- Kings of Leon will play three US tour dates in Boston, East Rutherford – New Jersey, and New York. [Source]
- The Rocket Summer will be releasing a new EP entitled Of Men and Angels: The B-Sides which will include five tracks that did not make the cut for Of Men and Angels released earlier this year. [Source]
E! host Giuliana and Bill Rancic have opened up about their miscarriage on The View for the first time. [Source]
ABC has already decided to cancel their new series “My Generation” after two episodes. [Source] That sucks… maybe that means Wren can finally come back to Pretty Little Liars.
In Seattle news…
- Cupcake Royale’s new cupcake of the month is pumpkin maple! [Source]
Kings of Leon took the stage this past Friday in St. Louis Missouri, but after three songs decided that they could not go on. Fans were none too happy with this decision because no real explanation was given at the time. It has been revealed that the reason for the cancellation was because pooping pigeons had taken over the rafters in the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater and attacked the band members as soon as they got on stage.
“Jared (Followill) was hit several times during the first two songs,” according to Andy Mendelsohn [Vector Management]
“It’s not only disgusting — it’s a toxic health hazard. They really tried to hang in there,” Mendelsohn added.
6/05 – Borgata Event Center (Atlantic City, NJ)
6/06 – Saratoga Performing Arts Center (Saratoga, NY)**
6/08 – Toyota Pavilion at Montage Mountain (Scranton, PA)**
7/09 – Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre (San Diego, CA)**
7/10 – Cricket Wireless Pavilion (Phoenix, AZ)**
7/12 – Hollywood Bowl (Los Angeles, CA)**
7/14 – Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre (Irvine, CA)**
7/17 – The Gorge Amphitheatre (George, WA)*
7/19 – USANA Amphitheatre (Salt Lake City, UT)**
7/20 – Comfort Dental Amphitheatre (Denver, CO)**
7/23 – Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre St. Louis (St. Louis, MO)
7/24 – First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre (Chicago, IL)**
7/26 – Blossom Music Center (Cleveland, OH)
7/28 – Molson Canadian Amphitheatre (Toronto, ON)
7/30 – Darien Lake Performing Arts Center (Darien Center, NY)
7/31 – DTE Energy Music Theatre (Detroit, MI)**
8/03 – Comcast Theatre (Hartford, CT)
8/05 – Susquehanna Bank Center (Camden, NJ)**
8/07 – Jiffy Lube Live (Bristow, VA)
9/03 – Verizon Wireless Music Center Indianapolis (Indianapolis, IN)
9/04 – Riverbend Music Center (Cincinnati, OH)
9/07 – First Niagara Pavilion (Pittsburgh, PA)**
9/08 – Hershey Park Stadium & Star Pavilion (Hershey, PA)**
9/10 – Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre (Charlotte, NC)**
9/11 – Virginia Beach Amphitheatre (Virginia Beach, VA)**
9/13 – Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion at Walnut Creek (Raleigh, NC)**
9/17 – Cruzan Amphitheatre (West Palm Beach, FL)*
9/18 – Ford Amphitheatre (Tampa, FL)*
9/20 – Verizon Wireless Music Center Birmingham (Birmingham, AL)**
9/22 – Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion (Houston, TX)
9/23 – Superpages.com Center (Dallas, TX)**
Unless otherwise specified, on sale date is TBD.
* on sale 3/19/10
** on sale 3/20/10
Everyone knows I’ve always been a fan of Hayley Williams. This is no different. I’d also like to say that while I’m glad Kings of Leon are finally being recognized more in the public eye, this is also nothing new. The band has been around for awhile, but many people didn’t hear about them until MTV had them perform at one of their award shows (which was random) and when they showed up on your radio (cough cough KISS 106.1) gtfo of here.
My old co-worker Jared Jeigh was the first one to introduce to me to them and their music when I was 16. Yeah, they didn’t just come out of nowhere.