Aaron Paul and Lauren Parsekian
Because sometimes the people that didn’t get invited to the actual event come out dressing better than ever!
Margot Robbie in Saint Laurent
Margot is all anyone is talking about tonight! With her new film “Focus” coming out very soon, this young actress on the rise is totally nailin’ it on the red carpet this evening. I love everything about this effortless look. She’s not the only one that decided to wear Saint Laurent tonight, but she’s clearly the one that wore it best. That necklace is everything.
Lupita Nyong’o, in Prada
The red carpet was packed with actors and actresses meant for the best dressed list. We’ve reached the end of the Award Show season (I think) and this was probably the best way to close it out. Lupita has pretty much hit it out of the park for every award show. That alone, should earn her an award.
I wasn’t able to watch the season premiere of The Voice last night because I was too busy wasting my time on The Bachelor. When will I ever learn? It’s tough to choose between the two, but I discuss episodes of The Bachelor with my coworkers sometimes so I have to keep up with it. If it weren’t on though as the same time as The Voice, it would be another story.
I watch The Voice every season. It’s my favorite reality singing competition and I love that people that I used to listen to or smaller known singers are coming out and auditioning for it. Last night, Christina Grimmie appeared on the show and got all 4 chairs to turn around. No surprise there. We’ve been huge fans of Christina’s since 2010 when I first heard her rendition of Lady Gaga’s “Telephone.” She’s 19 now, but it is clear that her hard work has really paid off. As long as I’ve known her, she’s been a YouTube star and now I’m so excited for her to absolutely kill it on The Voice. After touring with Selena Gomez and performing on numerous shows and at a serious number of events, Christina will finally get to be recognized as an artist on her own.
Joseph Gordon Levitt for Playboy Magazine [Source]
Condé Nast lets you play model in their new video game, Fashion Hazard, available on both iPhone and the iPad. [Source]
Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas puts her hair in the hands of celeb stylist Ted Gibson. [Source]
Spin Magazine has cancelled their Nov/Dec issue. [Source]
Record label, Fueled By Ramen, is raising money to support The Academy Is… band member Andrew Bishop Mrotek AKA The Butcher. Andrew was violently mugged at the end of July and has been in and out of the ER undergoing several surgeries. He is also without health care and FBR has said that any support that fans can provide will significantly help towards his bills. [Source]
Remember that brawl between Chris Brown and Drake not too long ago? The nightclub is allegedly suing them for $16 million. [Source]
Lady Gaga x Kendrick Lamar collaboration on the way! [Source]
The Jonas Brothers will come together again for a one-time concert. [Source] I want this.
TLC taps into a new reality “looking for love” show called “Secret Princes.” [Source]
ABC’s Revenge has decided to make a re-cast decision for Emily’s mentor, Satoshi Takeda. [Source]
Teen Mom’s Farrah Abraham released a new music video. Apparently, auto tune is her best friend. [Source] Too awful to actually post the video on my blog
ABC Family has cancelled “Jane By Design.” [Source]
NBC’s ‘Tonight Show’ has laid off 20 employees. [Source]
The city of Bremerton will re-name a street for Olympic gold medalist Nathan Adrian. [Source]
Amazon Local will begin delivering Capitol Hill’s Eltana bagels. [Source]
Lauren Conrad made a huge mistake by releasing a new DIY video on her YouTube account today that showed her slicing up Lemony Snicket’s Series of Unfortunate Events and turning it into a storage project. Fans of the series were not very happy and her video has since been deleted. [Source]
Top Chef Cruise 2013 [Source]
Could a men’s birth control be in the works? [Source]
On an important related note, this HelloGiggles post about why people shouldn’t be okay with Chris Brown performing at the Grammy’s is quite insightful. I’ve had a similar opinion for awhile, but usually when I talk about that I make jabs at his performance and the more obvious scandal. This writer, however, has got some pretty solid facts and it is worth reading. And not to start something controversial, but the reason why that HelloGiggles post is mentioned on Yow Yow is so we can avoid things like this. It’s important for all of us to remember that there’s a border between a play on words or a play off pop culture, but this is not one of those times. It’s not cute anymore especially when it involves Chris Brown. Typing things like this out as a tweet is not the same as feeling the same way or wanting to be in that situation. Not being able to tell the difference between these things frightens me and makes me fear for the safety of other young women that have this notion in their head that it is okay to say these things.
In all this craziness with celebrating the holiday and Scott Disick, I completely forgot to write up my resolutions for the New Year. This year, I’ve got a couple and if I write it down somewhere, I’m more likely to remember it whereas in the past just tucking it snugly in the back of my head means that it usually ends up forgotten.
So with that:
– I am crossing my fingers that one of my favorite labels, Vena Cava, will pull through their financial troubles. [Source]
– The Versace for H&M collection has caused the UK E-commerce site to crash. The US site will launch fall 2012. [Source]
– Vera Wang is collaborating with Zales on a new engagement ring collection. [Source]
– Someone has stolen part of Marc Jacobs‘ collection! [Source]
– James Franco continues to add to his resume – makes the entire world look bad. The actor will direct and photograph the upcoming campaign for Seven For All Mankind. [Source]
– Mike Posner ruins “Wonderwall.” GAH!
– Sufjan Stevens is collaborating with The Roots. [Source]
– The babies are not a fan of Lady Gaga’s! After the parents of this baby suggested Lady Gaga hold this little one, it made this face. [Source]
– Scarlett Johansson will direct a film. [Source]
– The sequel to Star Trek will begin filming in January. [Source]
– Taylor Swift is going to be on 60 Minutes this weekend. Not missing that. [Source]
– We say goodbye to One Tree Hill. [Source]
– Steve Buscemi will host SNL on Dec. 3rd w/ The Black Keys as performers. [Source]
– The boycott petition to get the Kardashians off of the E! Network has reached 100K. [Source]
– The Ricki Lake Show will return in 2012. [Source]
– I don’t know about you guys, but the little chance of snow happening in Seattle this weekend is EXCITING! I hope it continues into next week too because having classes cancelled would really be the cherry on top of my fall quarter.
– Bluebird’s new Fremont shop opens Friday. [Source]
– Housewares designer, Jonathan Adler, will stop by Nordstrom on Dec. 1st. [Source]
– Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore are no more. [Source]
– Joe Paterno has a treatable form of lung cancer. [Source]
– Charlize Theron covers Vogue’s December issue. [Source]
– Co-founder and chief creative officer Tamara Mellon is leaving Jimmy Choo along with CEO Joshua Shulman. [Source]
– Julia Restoin-Roitfeld, daughter of former editor-in-chief Carine Roitfeld, is preggers! [Source]
– Apple is recalling the first generation iPod nanos due to a possible safety risk caused by the batteries. [Source]
– Lady Gaga and well-known choreographer Laurieann Gibson are no longer working together. [Source] “Honey” used to be one of my favorite dancing films and Laurieann did the choreography for every single part of it.
– OFWGKTA were dismissed from New Zealand’s Big Day Out festival lineup because of their offensive homophobic and misogynistic lyrics.[Source]
– Jay-Z says Kanye is obsessive-compulsive plus Jay-Z highlights some odd behavior as described in GQ. [Source]
– MTV will bring back their hipster television series, “I Just Want My Pants Back” on Thursday, Feb. 2nd 2012. [Source] I was hooked after their teaser episode in early fall!
– Seattle’s Intiman Theater will reopen in 2012 with a summer festival. [Source]
– A nearby rave event caused Shadow, the dolphin, to become stressed out by the music. As a result, the dolphin became so distressed by it that he died. [Source]
– The recent updates of porn on people’s Facebook newsfeeds are terrifying users. [Source]
– A new magazine devoted entirely to the news of reality television stars called Reality Weekly will debut next year. [Source]
– Evelyn Lauder, beauty mogul and breast cancer activist, passed away this weekend at age 75. [Source]
– I was disgusted and almost nauseous reading this interview with Penn State’s accused defensive coordinator Jerry Sandursky. [Source] Note: this contains disturbing content.
– Pippa Middleton is a single lady! [Source]
– Kendall Jenner got a range rover for her sweet sixteen. [Source]
– I love this shot of Chloe Sevigny impersonating photographer, Terry Richardson, on the cover of Candy Magazine. [Source]
– Tom Ford will design the costumes for the next James Bond film. [Source]
– Sarah Jessica Parker is trying too hard with this hat. [Source]
– Prince and Nicki Minaj will perform at the H&M x Versace launch party. [Source]
– Levi’s suggests that we freeze our jeans instead of washing them. [Source]
– Kanye’s kilt causes a stir. [Source]
– Listen to The Flaming Lips‘ 24-hour song. [Source]
– Franz Ferdinand will return in 2012. [Source]
– Former Quadstock performer, Dan Deacon, has signed to indie label Domino. [Source]
– What the series finale of Greek could have looked like with this alternate ending. [Source]
– Lady Gaga will sit down w/ Katie Couric for a holiday special called, “A Very Gaga Thanksgiving.” [Source]
– FOX has decided to renew The X Factor for a second season. [Source]
– 60 Minutes’ Andy Rooney passed away last night at age 92. [Source]
– Is “Project X” our modern day “Can’t Hardly Wait?” Ehhh probably not.
– Could a “Bruce Lee Action Museum” be moving into the International District sometime soon? [Source]
– EMP’s Sound Off! entry deadline is Monday! [Source]
– Is anyone else aware of how many restaurants are popping up in Seattle recently? There’s way too many to count for me to post about all of them so just check out Seattle Met’s Nosh Pit blog for everything that you need and more.
– Seattle rock group, Visqueen, will be playing their last show ever on Saturday, Nov. 26 at the Neptune Theater. [Source]
– Beyonce and Jay-Z’s fetus is a girl! [Source]
– The New York Daily News decided to place a media ban on The Kardashians. [Source] I’ve only had to do that for Heidi and Spencer and Jon and Kate, but I adore the Kardashians too much.
– On a related note – Kendall Jenner is getting a Sweet Sixteen special on E! Not shocked. Still excited. [Source]
– Pippa Middleton is writing a book. [Source]
– Want your brown eyes to be blue? Want a laser to take care of that for you? [Source]
– One footballer decided to name his son “Trendy” because he loves Twitter. In the words of my friend Tina, “You F-A-I-L FAIL!” [Source]
Also from now on, if you’re going to pronounce “blog,” you must pronounce it by saying “Blawg.” It’s more fun to say and it makes your face look hideous just for a second more.
On another note, BuzzFeed compared the appearances of pop singers before and after Lady Gaga came onto the scene, which means they went from normal to weird in a hot minute.
Here’s just one example:
More examples here.