photo cred | The Frisky
Who: Carey Mulligan
Wearing: Nina Ricci top and Lanvin pants
Where: Great Gatsby Australian premiere
Emma Stone is pretty much my girl of 2012. She has snagged quite a few blockbusters within the last year, has risen to be a style icon, and is dating her Spiderman co-star Andrew Garfield. Her life is awesome. Her outfits are fantastic. We all wish we can be Emma Stone. End of story.
[Rooney Mara in Givenchy Haute Couture]
I absolutely love this gown on her. It’s so refreshing to see her not wearing black for once since most of her press outfits and even gowns on the red carpet recently have been black.
I spent most of the day watching the red carpet special for the Academy Awards yesterday as E! decided to start it around one if not sooner. Unfortunately, thirty minutes into the show, I decided to give up on watching it to spend my time with some great company. It’s alright – the red carpet is usually the main priority for me…that was until Ashley sent me a text that said, “We could have easily made tonight a drinking game,” which meant that I was missing a whole lot of highlights from the show.
I suppose I can just read about the rest of the stuff that happened during the show. I did, however, witness Sacha Baron Cohen as the Dictator dump Bisquick all over Ryan Seacrest’s Burberry suit. Just watching him trying to contain his anger over the situation was entertaining enough.
And with that, let’s get into some red carpet looks!
Rose Byrne in Elie Saab Couture
I was actually impressed by most of the looks I saw on the red carpet this year at the 2012 SAG Awards -more so than the Golden Globes. Rose Byrne, Michelle Williams, Emma Stone were some of my favorites! I absolutely loved how Rose Byrne opted for a jumpsuit instead of a gown. It’s a risky choice, but the actress pulled it off. Also, her haircut is adorable with the look.
Charlize Theron in Dior completely gets Yow Yow’s stamp of approval for being the best dressed on the red carpet last night. There was a whole lot of cream and ivory, but gosh the simplicity and elegance of this gown made me melt. The headband was also what sealed the deal for me.
Capitol Hill met its super heroes!
Fashion, music and arts photographer Kyle LaMere released his new book “Visitors” capturing portraits of people who visited his studio.
Diesel caused a scandal at the Brooklyn Law School and we loved it.
Lanvin x H&M released their debut collection – whoa funny how yesterday it was just Versace x H&M.
And I asked for this for Christmas!
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are covering Vogue’s second annual best dressed issue. The issue highlights the best in fashionable sisters including the Olsen twins, Kate and Pippa Middleton, Dakota and Elle Fanning and many more. [Source]
- Dakota Fanning’s ad for Marc Jacobs’ “Oh Lola” fragrance has been banned for being too sexual. [Source]
- In Chloe Sevigny’s recent cover shoot for Candy Magazine photographed by Terry Richardson, the two of them collaborated in…another way. [Source] Must be weird for Terry to make out with someone that completely looks like him.
- Girl Scout cookies as chap sticks flavors [Source]
- Alber Elbaz, the designer behind Lanvin, is writing a book. [Source]
-Dakota and Elle Fanning cover W. [Source]
- The lovely and talented Dia Frampton will be releasing her first debut album on December 6th. [Source]
- To celebrate Christmas at the Rockefeller Center, Tony Bennett, Justin Bieber, Michael Bublé, Cee Lo Green, Faith Hill, Carole King, Katharine McPhee, Javier Colon and The Radio City Rockettes will be performing for the live broadcast. [Source]
- Justin Bieber is definitely taking the paternity test in two weeks and Maury is trying to recruit him to be on his show when he reveals the results. [Source] I would love to hear Maury announce, “YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER!” or vice versa.
- An acoustic performance by Fun of “We Are Young” featuring Janelle Monae. [Source]
- EMI Music has been sold to Universal for $1.9 Billion. Sony bought out EMI Music Publishing for $2.2 Billion. [Source]
- Taylor Momsen’s band, The Pretty Reckless, will support Guns ‘N Roses on tour. [Source]
- Showtime has renewed Weeds for an eighth season. [Source] I can’t believe this show isn’t over yet.
- Billy Crystal will be hosting the Oscars this year replacing Eddie Murphy. [Source]
- Lifetime TV is planning a new reality series called “Starving Secrets” to highlight the effects of having an eating disorder. [Source]
- Breaking Dawn fans are camping out for the premiere of the movie in Los Angeles. [Source] Wow, that doesn’t sound like fun at all.
- The Chihuly Garden and Glass Exhibit will open next spring at the Seattle Center and will be the world’s largest Chihuly exhibit to ever exist. [Source] Above is a photograph of our Chihuly sculpture on campus in Pigott.
- Cupcake Royale has made Breaking Dawn cupcakes to celebrate the release. [Source]
- Meet Seattle’s most influential people of 2011. [Source]
- Seattle made the list for being the 8th shopaholic city. [Source]
- These are the worst action figures of Kate and Pippa Middleton I have ever seen. [Source]
- Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves are finally following in the footsteps of their previous characters and are dating! [Source]
- 25- year old Kyla Pratt (One-on-One, Proud Family) has a one-year old daughter. [Source]
- Ex-pornstar, Sasha Grey, read children’s book to elementary students yesterday and parents were not enthused. [Source]
- A 10-year old girl from Mexico gave birth to a baby boy in a 31-week pregnancy. [Source] OH MY GOD.
- A straight rugby player suffers a stroke and goes into a coma – wakes up gay and fabulous! [Source]
Some days on Yow Yow! we have music or wedding themed post days, but today is all about fashion. I’ve only seen just a few F/W ad campaigns so far, but Lanvin takes the cake. Raquel Zimmerman, Karen Elson, two male models and even Lanvin designer Alber Elbaz get their groove on to Pitbull’s “I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)” while wearing clothes from this upcoming season.
This looks like too much fun.