This is me playing catch up.
Even topless, Lauren Conrad still manages to look super sweet and classy on the cover of Glamour. The reality star turned fashion designer turned author can do no wrong.
We are in the month of February and love, which means that for the next 13 days, you are going to see a lot of themed posts! I think I may have been the only one excited about Valentine’s today, but hopefully there’s a few of you out there who are on the same page as me. Are you gearing up for a very special evening this holiday and in need of a new dress? Here are some of my favorite picks!
To celebrate? Watching the entire first season of Laguna Beach on NetFlix. High school Stephen was such a dreamboat! Uh…when I was still in junior high of course!
I have no idea why it is so difficult for me to admit that. I don’t think it has anything to do with the retailer being Kohl’s at all though because I’ve been a fan of Vera Wang’s collection before too. Could it be that I am uncomfortable with saying that I am a huge fan of a reality television star’s fashion line? That’s probably it. It has nothing to do with the reality star being Lauren Conrad though because as we all know, I’ve liked her since her Laguna Beach days. However, the same could not be said when Heidi Montag came out with her line for Anchor Blue. I suppose if I support a reality star slash celebrity then I am more inclined to give their line a chance. In Lauren’s case, I am finding that I want to own every other piece from her latest holiday look book.
I also have a lot of respect for Lauren as a designer because she actually wears her own clothing. You won’t believe how many “celebrity” designers actually skip out on this.
After months of talking about it, Olivia Palermo has finally launched her blog into the internetz. Olivia Palermo, is a style icon, but is more known for her role on The City as Whitney Port’s frenemy. If you’ve ever seen the show, Olivia would not be one of the characters you rooted for, but if you have never seen the show at all then you would love her in real life just for her outfits alone. Somewhere in that hot mess of a sentence, it makes sense. The lifestyle blog will cover fashion, traveling, and tips. So far it’s a little lackluster, but I’ll give it a shot and add it to my notepad of blogs. If we were going to judge on visual appeal though, Lauren Conrad’s “The Beauty Department” still takes the cake! Design Love Fest creator Bri Emery is a creative genius!
Check out Olivia Palermo’s self-titled blog here.
After four years of being a judge on America’s Next Top Model alongside Tyra Banks, we have learned yesterday that André Leon Talley will be leaving the show at the end of the season. His replacement? None other than HBIC PR Head Kelly Cutrone. I know I throw around the term “HBIC” pretty often, but I really mean it this time. Cutrone is known in the fashion business industry for her public relations company People’s Revolution, but on television, is known for being the cutthroat boss to both Whitney Port and Lauren Conrad on The Hills/City. Who could ever forget the moment when Kelly interviews Stephanie Pratt for a position at the PR firm?
Well, I did so here it is again.
I don’t normally watch this show, but Cutrone is one of my idol’s so I might have to make an exception.
[Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron]
The amount of time I spend invested in celebrity gossip is sometimes really embarrassing. I take that back. It’s extremely embarrassing, but at the same time I have no shame. I can’t explain why I have such strong feelings towards why I believe certain celebrity couples should be together, but I do! It stirs up some emotions and signs of hope in me I guess! I’m going to stop writing before I say something that will be used against me by my friends later on though.
- Before Dov Charney founded American Apparel, he was just an innocent Fashionisto. [Source]
- Vanessa Hudgens was caught smoking last night while she was out and when she was spotted, homegirl went ballistic on the paps. [Source]
- Netflix‘s genius plan of increasing their prices will cost them an estimated 2.5M subscribers. I hope it’s worth it Netflix!
- Hello Kitty creator Yuko Shimizu has decided to introduce a new character into Hello Kitty’s posse named Rebecca Bonbon. [Source]
- Alexander Skarsgard and Kate Bosworth have called it quits. [Source]
- Nickelodeon bringing back the 90’s was a great idea because ratings have skyrocketed! [Source]
- Kristin Cavallari had a “Carrie Bradshaw” moment in which she posed in a wedding spread before her wedding, which unfortunately, was called off earlier this week. [Source]
- Alexander McQueen’s exhibit hours will be extended to midnight on its last days August 6th and 7th. [Source]
- Olivia Palermo’s “traveling” focused (and fashion) blog will debut next month. [Source]
- Rachel Zoe will design a kids line. [Source]
- Meanwhile David Beckham will collaborate in a collection for H&M. [Source]
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen joined TOMS founder Blake Mycoskie in Honduras to personally bring to children new pairs of shoes. [Source]
- Terry Richardson will be releasing a photo book in which he will compile 10 months worth of photos that he had taken of Lady Gaga while following her around in a project. [Source]
- The Kings of Leon show in Dallas abruptly ended last night 30 minutes in because Caleb Followill stormed off the stage to go throw up after being too intoxicated and…never returned. Fans in Texas are not impressed. [Source]
- Alexander McQueen left $80,000 to his dogs in his will. [Source]
- Apparently a new study proves that marriages are more successful if they follow the sitcom formula – ie) skinny wife w/ a chubby hubby! [Source]
- Lauren Conrad hopes to open up a cupcake shop in Hollywood. [Source]
- Po Dog on the Ave will be converted into a bar called “Detention.” How educational of them. [Source]
I have never really been a huge fan on celebrity-endorsed collections, but I have always been a fan of Lauren Conrad. Believe it or not, I’ve got a soft spot for Paper Crown. I was weary about her fashion venture after being just a reality star, but the girl has proved us all wrong. In fact, she’s worked her butt off just to get where she was today and she’s been through a lot. I’m not just talking her public breakup with long-time boyfriend Kyle Howard or her beef w/ Heidi and Kristin. Earlier this year, her new reality series with MTV was dropped suddenly on the brink of the debut of her new collection. However, Lauren doesn’t need the network to promote her line. She’s been doing it herself all along. Here are just a couple of my favorite images from the new collection, but you can view more at the source.
***** Hey readers! Brace yourself – it was a big news day!
- The UK’s Daily Mail published a photo along with a headline naming the wrong Olsen twin. For most of their early lives (Ages 0-16,) I believed they were identical because they were always dressed alike, but these days I can tell the two of them apart within seconds. You don’t have to see it in their faces to tell who is who, but you will see it in the way that they are dressed. Need some help telling the fashion icons apart? Check out Fashionista for their guide here.
- If you loved Lauren Conrad’s recently dyed tips as much as I did then learn how to do them yourself with the help of Lauren’s hair stylist Kristin Ess in this step-by-step tutorial. [Source]
- Rihanna will be the star of Armani’s campaigns this fall/winter 2011. [Source]
- Kal Penn will have a recurring role on How I Met Your Mother. [Source]
- Kurt, Rachel, and Finn will not be returning for Season 4 of Glee, but of course we already knew that when Ryan Murphy said they would be graduating after this next year. [Source]
- MTV has renewed Teen Wolf for a second season. I seriously only watch it for these two. [Source]
- Lindsay Lohan apparently thought she was good enough and should have been considered for the role of Nina Sayers in Black Swan. Girl, you delusional? [Source]
- An exact replica of the house from “Up” has been built. Would you live in it? [Source]
- Miranda Kerr named her son Flynn after a late boyfriend. [Source]
- Rosie Huntington-Whitely is the new face of Burberry Body. [Source]
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are also launching a handbag line. Do these girls ever stop working? [Source]
- Today, one of my favorite bands has officially broken up. Sad day Rilo Kiley. [Source]
- The original stars from the classic “American Pie” will all return for the fourth installment “American Reunion.” [Source]
- Daisy Lowe will pose in next month’s issue of Playboy. Daisy is the daughter of Bush frontman Gavin Rossdale who is also the husband of Gwen Stefani. [Source]
- Meet the 20 new competitors for Project Runway. They all look like such characters! [Source]
- Who wants to wear a dress with Steve Buscemi’s face on it? Not I… [Source]
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are finally getting married. It’s been 6 years. [Source]
- Time to start building your Bumbershoot schedule! [Source]
- Yogurtland is collaborating with Hello Kitty. I wish the real life characters would visit our Capitol Hill location though… [Source]
- In case you missed it (like I did) the US women’s soccer team is headed to the world cup finals! [Source]
- Weezer is offering a concert cruise. [Source]
- Cupcake Royale ended up raising $10,000 towards the It Gets Better Project selling their rainbow-covered cupcakes last month. Tomorrow, founder of Cupcake Royale Jody Hall, will present Dan Savage with the check at 4:30 PM at the Capitol Hill location. [Source]
- Amon Tobin and Moby will headline Seattle’s Decibel Festival. [Source]
- The Black Eyed Peas are going on hiatus. Not phased by this. [Source]
- Chris Brown is securing his spot as the celebrity no one will ever like again. [Source]
- The first teaser poster for the Dark Knight Rises. [Source]
- Weezer and The Flaming Lips will share the stage together in New Jersey on July 28th and New York on July 29th. Literally. As in… all of their gear will be up on stage at the same time and they will take turns performing a song. Yeasayer will open each night. AWESOME. [Source]
Two Olivia Palermo posts in one day? I can’t help it if this HBIC is everywhere! Olivia Palermo is one of my favorite style icons and she just happens to be following the footsteps of Miss Lauren Conrad and Lo Bosworth by creating her own blog. Will it be beauty focused like Lauren’s or be a mixture of a little of everything like Lo’s? Maybe it will just be centered around fashion since her style is what she is known for. Regardless of what the focus will be, I am pretty excited about!
Let’s hope it’s good enough to find a spot on my blogroll.
Lauren Conrad asked her readers to vote on whether or not she should do this to her hair and she totally did it! I love…and I kind of want! Also – can we take a second to remember the time when Hilary Duff recorded the song “So Yesterday.” What a terrible move hahah