Kerry Washington in Prada
I may have missed the entire show from being at work and out to dinner, but we’d never miss a chance of covering the red carpet.
I can’t believe it’s time already for the most fashionable night of the year! It’s crazy to think that a year has already gone by. I feel like I was making the 2013 post just last month. This year’s theme is White Tie and Decorations.
Of course we’re kicking things off with Queen Bey and Jay.
Beyonce and Jay-Z both in Givenchy Haute Couture
Tina Fey in Carolina Herrera and Amy Poehler in custom Stella McCartney
Happy Monday readers! Yesterday brought out some of the best in red carpet wear and along with that…some of the worse. We’re kicking off this red carpet post, however, with the best hosts this show has ever seen. Luckily for us, we get them for another year!
HBO released a preview for the third season of Girls and after watching this, we think that its premiere date January 12th can’t come soon enough. In the video, we see snippets of what is to come in the season and each character gives a behind-the-scenes look at how each character is developing.
“I love watching the show and just refreshing, refreshing, refreshing Twitter,” Dunham said. “I really get to find out in real time whether we’re on to something and whether things feel real, because that has always been the intention of the show.”
It’s funny because I still remember hearing when this show came out and how much I thought I wouldn’t like it. It is now one of my favorite shows. Yes, it’s true; it’s a show for basic b’s, but I think most 20-something girls feel that they can relate to the series somehow. I’m probably a Marnie. Don’t act like you haven’t categorized yourself with one of the characters either; I know you have.
As we get closer and closer to the season 3 premiere of Girls, a part of me is clinging to the idea that the news of Christopher Abbott leaving the series was just a publicity stunt. I think sometimes we – okay…I – get invested in characters in television shows that the thought of them leaving or a series ending is something I can’t accept. Remember when Marissa Cooper died on The OC? Did anyone ever truly recover from that? The show, sure as hell, didn’t.
It wasn’t too long ago that it was revealed from Page 6 that Christopher Abbott had left the show citing creative differences with Lena Dunham, but now we’re finding out that that may not have been the case.
Abbott cleared the air with The New York Times , saying it was a falling out with said role that pushed him to leave. As the show progressed, Abbott began to realize that, despite the honesty of Dunham’s vision, he couldn’t relate to his character anymore. “The world that Lena [Dunham] wrote was very real, especially in New York, but it wasn’t as relatable for me on a personal level,” he confessed.
Wait…so Christopher Abbott isn’t as sensitive as his character was on the show? I suppose it’s no shocker, but I think every girl wanted to believe that because hi – that’s why we loved him so much! It’s okay, we’d gladly accept getting to know him on a more personal level if we had the opportunity.
Rose Byrne in Custom Calvin Klein Collection
I wasn’t that into the Emmy’s this year for some reason and that could’ve been for a few reasons:
Typically when we cover award shows, we generally just stick to the fashion and that’s exactly what we’re going to do again. But here are the winners in case you are wondering – – via Refinery29
Rose Byrne’s gown was easily one of my favorites from the entire evening!
- The Warby Parker bus has come and gone! Veronica and I had a great time at their opening party here in Seattle. To see all of their adventures in the Pacific Northwest, click here for the complete roundup of their highlights.
- Remembering Ye Mengyuan and Wang Linjia – the two 16-year old girls who lost their lives from the Asiana Airlines Flight 214. The two young girls were headed to camp. [Source]
- Turntable used to be my jam; now I’m all about TuneIn – how the radio is rising through apps. [Source]
- Twitter enables app to have DM synching. [Source]
- Brooklyn Girl: A new type of girl for the guys? [Source]
- Cheezburger founder Ben Huh discusses what it’s like to let go a third of his employees. [Source]
- George Clooney and Stacey Keibler have split after two years of dating. We were rooting for her! [Source]
- Lauryn Hill began serving her three-month sentence in prison today due to tax evasion. [Source]
- Over 100 late night restaurants in San Francisco sorted by neighborhood and I want to try them ALL! [Source]
- In an attempt to modernize their name – accounting firm – Ernst & Young has decided to rebrand themselves as EY. Unfortunately, EY is also the name of limited edition magazine featuring young male models in barely there clothing. That’s a little awkward. [Source]
- Seattle Met Magazine blog’s list of summer outdoor concerts and shows. SO much Seattle music! [Source]
We only do blog roundups when there is a BIG news day!
The Mayer Hawthorne Burger returns to Umami Burger for the upcoming album release. [Source]
HBO buys “Girls” actress Lena Dunham a new pair of underwear every day when she is on set. [Source]
6 Quirky things to do in Seattle! [Source]
A pizza that looks like Anna Wintour’s face! [Source]
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have turned down a $3 million offer for the first photos of their daughter North West to the tabloids. [Source] Are they holding out or do they not have any plans at all to release photos?
Ballard men’s boutique, Blackbird, is closing this Sunday. Say goodbye to the beloved store after nine years with their “beers and tears” party from 5-10PM. [Source]
Rancho Bravo breaks into the business of burgers with a new spot called “Freddy’s” replacing the former Grubwich and my personal favorite…Pita Pit on Broadway. RIP. [Source]
The right way to take care of your smartphone battery. [Source]
One of my favorite happy hour spots, Bimbo’s Cantina is now delivering! And it’s free with a $20 order. The question is though…will they deliver my favorite sangria? [Source]
A list of restaurants locals can look forward to in Seattle this coming year! [Source]
America’s coolest distilleries – including Bainbridge Island’s Organic Distillers. [Source]
Weird things start happening in your 20s and how to deal. [Source]
It’s the biggest night in fashion of the year and for the past four years, we have been covering the annual Met Gala. This year’s theme was Punk: Chaos to Couture and the celebrities did it well. Here – Dakota Fanning looks phenomenal in Rodarte.
All photos by Style
Click the cut below for more amazing looks from your favorite celebrities, designers, and models.
Girls star Christopher Abbott has reportedly quit the show. Abbott – who plays Charlie, the boyfriend of Marnie (Allison Williams) – “abruptly” departed the HBO series ahead of its third season, according to the New York Post.The report claims that the actor chose to exit the comedy-drama following a creative dispute with Girls creator and star Lena Dunham.
“[Chris] is grateful for the experience of collaborating with Lena, Judd [Apatow], and the entire Girls cast and crew, but right now he’s working on numerous other projects and has decided not to return to the show,” his rep confirmed.
Um the main reason for why I watch Girls is because of Charlie! This is the saddest thing I’ve read all week. Where is Charlie going?! Why! Just why.
- Rooney is the new February Vogue cover girl. [Source]
- Beyonce is rumored to be the new face of H&M. [Source]
- Adam Levine and Nicki Minaj will be collaborating with Kmart to put out clothing and accessory lines. [Source]
- The Coveteur will be hosting a children’s theme all week and is currently featuring Suri Cruise. [Source]
- Alber Elbaz will be launching a makeup collection with Lancome [Source]
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs announce new album “Mosquito.” [Source]
- Ryan Gosling could have been a Backstreet Boy. [Source]
- Denzel Washington took his 21-year old daughter Olivia to the Golden Globe Awards Sunday evening as his date, but the media thought she was actually his wife Pauletta who is 62. #awkward [Source]
- Netflix has signed a deal to stream a new batch of shows including: Adventure Time, The West Wing, Fringe, Chuck and many more. [Source]
Tommy Lee Jones’s grump face at the Golden Globes is now an internet meme. Naturally. [Source]
- Pickwick will release their debut album “Can’t Talk Medicine” on March 12. For now, here is a cover of “Lady Luck” with Sharon Van Etten [Source]
- Top Pot will open its first drive-thru in Issaquah. [Source]
- Seattle’s new Bullitt Center may be the greenest building ever. That’s Seattle for ya! [Source]
- Lindsay Lohan made yet another huge life mistake by firing her lawyer Shawn Holley and also owing her $300K in unpaid fees [Source]
- Microsoft will shut down MSN Messenger on March 15, 2013 after 13 years. [Source]
- Kate Middleton is due in July. [Source] And so is Kimye’s baby.
- Actress Lena Dunham has pledged that she won’t get married until all gay people can get married. [Source]
- Miss America Contestant Allyn Rose says the she will get a double mastectomy after she has completed a year of service as Miss DC or Miss America since her mother, aunt, and grandmother have all passed away from breast cancer. [Source]
- New Myspace is now open to the public. Meanwhile, I am still very very cautious about it. [Source]
- Fashionista documents the best looks from Pretty Little Liars [Source]
- Marc Jacobs’ new makeup line will hit Sephora shelves this fall. [Source]
- Stella McCartney is launching a collection of eyewear and it’s pretty spectacular. [Source]
- Justin Bieber will host and perform on Saturday Night Live’s Feb. 9th episode. [Source]
- Paramore ain’t over y’all! A new album is on the way. [Source]
- Mariah Carey is hilarious in an interview with Barbara Walters in which she says she didn’t know Nicki Minaj sang…”I thought she rapped or whatever. [Source] Trollin’
- “Girls” actress Lena Dunham was criticized for having a ‘blobby body’ in a review. Uhhhhhh girl can do whatever she wants, she’s fantastic, okay? [Source]
- Aladdin will be on Broadway in Spring 2014. [Source]
- Joseph Gordon Levitt and Josh Brolin join the cast of the Sin City sequel. [Source]
- This is how Taylor Swift looks post split from Harry Styles. Haylor is no more. [Source]
- Khloe Kardashian is selling her old workout clothes on eBay. Sick. [Source]
- Anderson Cooper has been named Gay “Man of 2012″ by Out readers. [Source]
- Snooki wants a baby. I think everyone had their doubts, but now that she’s proving everyone wrong no one really care. Go on with your bad self and have another baby Snooki! [Source]
- The White House has banned the paparazzo images of Sasha and Malia on the beach. [Source] um duh! Block that ish.