Who: Alexa Chung
Where: Derek Blasberg’s celebration for his new collection Paperless Post
Who: Lily Aldridge
Who: Charlotte Ronson
It’s the biggest night in fashion of the year and for the past four years, we have been covering the annual Met Gala. This year’s theme was Punk: Chaos to Couture and the celebrities did it well. Here – Dakota Fanning looks phenomenal in Rodarte.
All photos by Style
Click the cut below for more amazing looks from your favorite celebrities, designers, and models.
- Victoria’s Secret Angel Alessandra Ambrosio is four months pregnant! That means that when she was walking in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show last month, she was about two months along. This will be her second child with fiance Jamie Mazur. The couple already have a 3-year old daughter. [Source]
- Sinhead O’Connor is ending her marriage after 16 days. That’s not nearly as long as Kim Kardashian’s, but then again she doesn’t have a show on E! so it’s not that big of a deal. [Source]
- Could Kanye be giving his career in fashion a second try? Rumor has it that the hip hop star will pack up and move to London to pursue a more serious career in fashion design. [Source]
- Capitol Hill’s Skillet Diner made the list for the best top five restaurants that opened in 2011. [Source]
- Who knew? Fashion designer Vera Wang is also an ice skater! As if she couldn’t look graceful enough… [Source]
- Matthew McConaughey is engaged to Camila Alves. [Source]
- Refinery 29 picks their 15 favorite albums of 2011. [Source]
Hooray! My favorite Victoria’s Secret Angel Lily Aldridge and her husband Caleb Followill of Kings of Leon are expecting! [Source]
I may not be a regular at Victoria’s Secret, but I am a huge fan of the annual fashion show that airs on CBS every winter. I’ve always had an interest in runway shows, but what sets this one apart from all the others is that the models actually LOOK like they are having fun. Seriously, don’t you agree? They’re smiling, they’re dancing…there’s 300 pounds of glitter on the runway. Just picture that for a second. You would die if 300 pounds of glitter were on top of you. And that’s scary, but that’s what makes the show so successful. Well, that and all the models and the lingerie you know…
And now a tribute to my favorite Angels!
- New York takes a jab at Miranda Kerr by calling her interview responses banal. [Source]
- The Victoria’s Secret Angels attempt to sing Jingle Bells. ahhh Lily Aldridge is my favorite!
- H&M x Marni is happening! The collaborative collection will debut March 8th. [Source]
- My style icon Alexa Chung won the British Style Award. [Source]
- “Like Crazy” actress Felicity Jones is the new face of Dolce & Gabbana. [Source]
- Britney Spears is performing a free show in Mexico! WHOA! [Source]
- The Red Hot Chili Peppers are hitting the road again for their new tour. [Source]
- S Club 7 is making a comeback! [Source]
“When her sister disappears, Jill (Seyfried) is convinced the serial killer who kidnapped her two years ago has returned, and she sets out to once again face her abductor.”
- Pretty Little Liars has been renewed for a third season! No surprise there. Looks like we have another year until we find out who A really is. [Source]
- Ricky Martin will be making an appearance on Glee next year. [Source]
- These breakout stars had a fantastic year in 2011. [Source]
- Conrad Murray has been sentenced to four years behind bars for the death of Michael Jackson. [Source]
- Miss Hailee Steinfeld is officially the new face of Miu Miu. [Source]
- Justin Bieber is launching a fragrance for his fans called “Someday.” [Source]
- People sometimes forget that riders exist for bands and musicians. Fulfilling Katy Perry’s sounds a little bit like a nightmare. [Source]
- Selena Gomez’s new album cover is somewhat questionable. [Source]
- Lady Gaga and Starbucks are collaborating on a scavenger hunt together! (Not sure what this means because I’m too lazy to read all the text and this is also the most random pairing ever, but here you go!) [Source]
- Friendly Fires released their new album “Pala” yesterday. [Source]
- Lady Gaga was named Forbes’ top celebrity. [Source]
- Glee’s Matthew Morrison will join The Backstreet Boys and The New Kids on the Block on their tour this summer. [Source]
- Kat Dennings makes her return to television in her new CBS comedy 2 Broke Girls. [Source]
- The judges from the current season of NBC’s The Voice will return for season two. [Source]
- Saturday Night Live promo Justin Timberlake
- Who’s getting excited for the return of Pretty Little Liars?! Summer TELEVISION, you are mine.
- This Saturday is Seattle University’s Quadstock, but as I’m sure you already know… it is for students only! Lucky us!
- Since you can’t make it to Quadstock, you should head on over to Cal Anderson for the first ever four-on-four dodge ball tournament. Sounds brutal. [Source]
oh Capitol Hill Seattle – you really are one of my favorite blogs!
- Model Lily Aldridge married Kings of Leon front man Caleb Followill last week in a custom-made Vera Wang wedding gown. [Source]
- Vogue Editor-in-Chief’ Anna Wintour’s daughter Bee Shaffer has fled to LA to work alongside Glee’s head honcho Ryan Murphy. While Bee is not working with Glee specifically, she is assisting him with his many projects that may or may not include Glee’s 3-d movie. [Source]
- Essie’s Summer 2011 Brazilliant collection is on my must-have list. [Source]
- James Franco has graduated from New York University. Which school will he end up at next? Correct answer – University of Houston in the fall. [Source]
- Arnold Schwarzenegger’s son Patrick is trying to drop his father’s name to take his mother’s. [Source]
- Kia Grasty describes what it is like to clean up after “privileged” college students who are the sons and daughters of well-known people in the industry for a living with a $140,000 salary. [Source]
- A Hello Kitty theme park will debut in China in 2014. OH MY GOODNESS! [Source]
François-Henri Pinault with Salma Hayek both in Alexander McQueen
There was an unbelievable amount of love for Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney at this year’s 2011 Met Ball. I think out of all the Met Ball’s I have seen, this one has provided the most looks that I have fallen in love with. Well done everyone.
This year’s theme was in tribute to the late designer Alexander McQueen as the museum debuted a new exhibition in his name. Since there were so many attendees this year, I decided to post only my favorite looks (and a few others) – don’t worry, it’s still pretty image heavy!
Where was Camilla Belle this year?