– Mr. Teddy Bear himself, Jorge Garcia, will be making an appearance on the upcoming season of How I Met Your Mother. Jorge is most known for his role as Hugo “Hurley” Reyes on Lost. [Source]
– Lauren Conrad will be returning to MTV for a new reality show. The series will focus on her professional career as opposed to …well… what The Hills was known for. More info will be released next week. [Source]
- Pauly D. will be getting his own spin off from the hit series Jersey Shore. The show will be about what Pauly D. off of the show, which is being a DJ. [Source]
- Florence + The Machine will re-release their debut album “Lungs” on November 15th. The new album will feature the new song “Heavy In Your Arms” also on the new Twilight soundtrack as well as songs from the first album remixed. [Source]
Catfish – a documentary that I happen to find intriguing.
– Chloe Moretz [the little girl from Kick Ass and the sister from 500 Days of Summer] will star in the film adaptation of the comic “Emily The Strange.”
- Nicole Richie and Joel Madden are reportedly getting married this December.
– Actress Hayden Panetierre will portray Amanda Knox in the new Lifetime movie.
– Did you know that Kristen Bell used to date Matthew Morrison AKA Glee’s Will Schuester back in college?
– Taylor Swift’s alma mater high school, Henderson High School, has decided to name their school auditorium after the singer. Taylor only studied there for her freshman and sophomore year of high school. [Source]
It was just six years ago today that ABC dropped your pilot. [pun?] We miss you already!
On another note – did anyone catch the premiere of Glee last night? Amazeballs.
– Entourage will wrap up the series in the summer of 2011 with approximately six episodes to the season. This is the longest running show on HBO. [source]
- Rachel Bilson and Hayden Christensen have called off their engagement. [source]
– Survivor has a new cast in for season 21 in Nicaragua. Meet the cast here. Tribes have been divided into the under age 30 tribe and over age 40 tribe. Why is this show not over yet?
- Jane Lynch will host the October 9th episode of Saturday Night Live.
- Portia de Rossi will legally be changing her name to Portia DeGeneres. Portia and Ellen married in August 2008. [Source]
Weezer’s new album Hurley will be released on September 14, 2010. The picture above of Hurley from LOST is actually the album cover. How fitting! Rivers Cuomo says of the image, “I just loved this photo of Jorge Garcia — it just had this amazing vibe. We didn’t want to do a fourth self-titled record and we knew people would refer to it as ‘the Hurley record’ even if left it without that title, so we just called it ‘Hurley.’ No words are on the cover because all we wanted was his amazing face.” [source]
Justin Bieber is the new face of Proactiv.
– Meet the new MTV TJ [Twitter Jockey] Gabbi Gregg. She beat out 20 contestants and was known as being the plus-size fashion blogger. The 24-year old has earned a $100,000 contract as the official social media face of the network. Read more about her future plans as the new TJ here.
The UK’s Metropolitan Police has released a new interactive PSA. So far, every PSA from the UK that I have seen continues to be extremely powerful. It’s definitely something that should be here, but isn’t.
- Lady Gaga managed to make out with a fan WHILE she was crowd surfing during her performance at Lollapalooza this past weekend. It takes skills to multi-task.
In Seattle news…
– Seattle’s own Via Tribunali and Pike Street Fish Fry will be heading to Ludlow Street all the way in New York! [Source]
– Homegrown sandwiches on Capitol Hill will begin serving dinner on August 16h.
– I also spotted some construction going on today at the new Rock Box karaoke bar opening in the fall on Pine Street today.
In favorite graphics of the day…
B-girl Grandma Tracy knows how to bust a move in NYC.
This post is dedicated to my dear friend Beth who told me today over lunch that she felt smarter when she read my blog because she was able to contribute to conversations. I’m glad I can do that for you :)
“The film stars Keir Gilchrist as a stressed-out teenager who checks himself into a mental institution for five days and learns valuable life lessons while there. The film co-stars Zach Galifianakis, Emma Roberts, Lauren Graham, Viola Davis, and Jim Gaffigan. It’s Kind of a Funny Story opens in limited release on September 24th.”
Hello Daniel Faraday from Lost is in this movie. It just got 10x better!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Fourth of July. I finally FINALLY finished Lost. And similar to the ending, I now feel like a part of me can move on from it hahah Last year, I was in school during Season 5 and when school got a little tough I quit watching Lost on my Wednesday nights and wasn’t able to start where I left off until just last week. I missed the entire 6th season, but luckily was able to finish in just two days.
Fact of the day from a dear friend of mine: Kids born when LOST first aired will be entering first grade in the fall.
Glad that there is some closure coming out of this – now we can get back to semi-regular blog posts.
I wish I would have spent my whole day getting caught up on Lost. I’m a mess.
- Blake Lively is doing all of her own stunts in The Green Lantern.
– Tiger Woods is dating again!
– The 2hr series finale of LOST is this Sunday. Please don’t spoil it for me, I’m very behind on episodes. When I say behind, I mean last season.
– Apple will no longer show their “Get a Mac” ads. [We were getting tired of them anyways]
“On May 20, 2010 Harry Potter film stars Harry Potter film stars Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid), Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), and Oliver and James Phelps (Fred and George Weasley) took a sneak peek tour of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure theme park.”
Park opens June 18,2010
– Kelis and Robyn will be on a joint tour together.
– John Travolta and Kelly Preston are expecting.
Ask a girl the number one thing she looks for in a guy and you will almost always get the response of “a good personality.” It’s pretty obvious that no one wants to date a boring douche bag right? There’s no “type” for a good personality. In fact, that’s a lot of people and it really just depends on your taste in guys.
The other day my friend told me that I typically go for the shy awkward types. I said, “So what?!” because those guys are usually the nice ones…or so I believe. My guy friend said, you should go after guys your comfortable with that are like your friends. But you can’t really date your friends…
In the past few months, I’ve been walking around this school pointing out certain people that are not necessarily people that I like, but people with personality traits that I want to find in a husband. Now that’s a long time away, but a girl has to be prepared. I guess I’m very confused because I haven’t figured out what I want in a boyfriend, but I know what I would want in a husband.
Meet the personality types below: They aren’t the jocks, they aren’t the most popular, they’re definitely not bad boys. They are the dorks. They are super cute and lucky for me there are most of the time overlooked.
Dan Humphrey – Gossip Girl
I first came across Alex Day’s YouTube account, Nerimon, one day when I was searching for things to compile together into A Collection post. I thought about including his video, but then realized it was too good and too funny to be thrown into a mix. It needed its own post. What caught my attention was Alex’s narration of the Twilight series. He’s only reached Chapter 5-6 so far, but already I feel like he is giving me a better rendition than the book itself.
I had so much fun writing up this interview for him! So I hope you all enjoy it :)
Q: Alex, how old are you and where are you from?
Alex: HI Katie! I’m 20 and I’m from a little town called Hornchurch in the UK. (I now have more subscribers than the entire population of Hornchurch, which is weird.)
Q: Where did the term Nerimon come from and what does it mean?
A: Oh, this story will make me look so cool – I used to be into Digimon when I was way younger, and to that end wrote fan fiction in which I had my own Digimon who was called Nerimon. And because Nerimon was a word I made up myself, it was never taken as a username, so I just kept it as my online moniker long after I stopped caring about the show. (It was good though.)
Q: #16 – Most Subscribed (All Time) – United Kingdom
#4 – Most Subscribed (All Time) – Musicians – United Kingdom
#15 – Most Subscribed (All Time) – Partners – United Kingdom
So YouTube thinks you’re pretty popular. How do you feel about these rankings? Is it pretty surreal or just kinda no big deal?
A: I find that the more ‘success’ I get, the more I realize how little all of it matters. I’ve been to YouTube gatherings where – no joke – people have been shaking in tears because they actually can’t contain how excited they are to meet me. I’m not telling you this because I’m bragging, I’m telling you because the moment I leave that place to get food or go to the loo or go home, I’m just me again, and nobody else cares. That’s the point – you’re only as ‘famous’ as the number of people who know your name. It’s all relative.
Q: Why do people think you’re so funny, do you think?
A: Haha – I think the main thing is that I can find humor in things that other people just overlook. A newspaper article, a letter, an old item from my childhood … I’m generally a really positive person who just enjoys life and finds fun in most things.
Q: You have about 77,773 subscribers. Are you surprised, shocked, excited by this number? I mean over 77,000 people in this world follow your life on YouTube. Sometimes when I post on my blog, I worry about security and if my writing is too personal, do you ever feel that way or not?
Note: Alex now has 85,806 subscribers
A: Just before midnight on Christmas Eve, I went over the 80,000 mark, which is amazing. I’m actually incapable of imagining that many people all together with me standing in front of them, making jokes about Twilight. A few hundred would be enough, so this is just crazy. I always idly thought “I could get loads of subscribers!” because I knew that I’d be exposed to a lot of people and it was possible, but I never really expected or even believed it would happen. In terms of honesty, I’ve always been a very open person because I believe that the biggest problem in the world is miscommunication, and transparency is a good remedy to that, so I’ve been happy sharing my life with people. It’s come with its flaws though; I no longer talk about my romantic life on YouTube because people tend to go Brangelina and take sides if anything goes wrong, and in reality they (of course) don’t know the whole situation before involving themselves with their judgments. (Not that I’m bitter – it’s just a learning curve.)
Q: You’re just 20 years old. What is a typical day in a life for Alex Day?
A: Every night I set my alarm for around 7:30 and every morning I find myself unable to get up till about 9, silently cursing myself for sleeping in yet again. I’ll debate getting food, but end up reading Lost on-set reports and Dollhouse speculation forums for a couple hours. If it’s been a few days since my last YouTube video, I’ll start thinking of what one I wanna do next, which would require either psyching myself up to get through another godawful chapter of Stephanie Meyer fiction or putting some other plan in place (I have a folder with draft video ideas waiting to be filmed). And at some point I’ll pick up my guitar and warble my way through a cover of Paparazzi by Lady GaGa (which I’m sure thrills the neighbours more and more every time they hear it). I don’t have a job, I should point out, because there are enough kind people buying my album that I can literally just fill up the time, day after day, until the sweet release of death.
Q: In three words describe what Trock is?
A: Time Lord Rock.
Q: Okay, just kidding, tell us what it really means!
A: :D It’s music about Doctor Who. I was hoping to start a similar movement to the popular wizard rock fandom, but the only band who’s released anything is my band, Chameleon Circuit.
Q: Which one comes first – vlogging or your music? The hard hitting question…
A: If I had to just pick one, then it’d be music, because I can’t do vlogging as a career. But they both feed very well into each other; people who like my comedy videos will wanna support me, so they’ll check out my music and hopefully like what they hear enough to buy it (you can hear the whole CD for free on my website). And I can film music videos for uploading, so they’re nicely married to each other.
Q: I’ve heard that you’ve been to Seattle (my hometown) before. What was your favorite part about it? Would you come back?
A: I lived in Seattle for two months in the summer, and it was a joyful experience overall. I love the character of the city – all cities have their own identity, but Seattle seemed to have more personality, with little quirks like the troll and the Space Needle. The Space Needle is great because I love retro-future stuff; the idea that people are always trying to predict what the future will look like, and it always looks like the future if the future were 1950, or whatever year it was. Futuristic predictions are complete products of their time, and the inevitably of that is quite beautiful, in my opinion :) EMP was cool too.
Q: What would you say is the biggest difference between people in London and Seattle?
A: Everyone’s so very very green in Seattle. London’s a lot more like New York, very gritty and grey, Seattle’s very environmentally conscious and that’s nice. And the PEOPLE are so nice, too. Londoners keep very much to themselves. Seattle people are nearly always happy to chat to strangers, and it just makes for a happier place.
Q: Name one place you want to visit, but haven’t yet and why? Why do you want to visit this place and why haven’t you visited it yet?
A: I’m going to LA in the summer, and I’m excited about that cos I think that’s a place I should go to. I want to visit Tokyo for the same reason. The only reason I haven’t gone yet is because I usually travel for the people, not the place; I stayed in Seattle because my girlfriend at the time lives in Seattle.
Q: I stumbled upon your YouTube channel when I discovered your Twilight chapter readings. Tell me what you REALLY think about Twilight so far.
A: Haha, you ask this like you’re expecting me to say “Well I do kind of secretly like it but don’t tell anyone”, right? There’s no hidden agenda, I promise you. The book is awful. I have to force myself to get through each chapter. Every time I finish filming a Twilight video, I turn the camera off thinking “That was awful, this won’t be funny”, and only when I watch it back during editing do I start to see that it wasn’t as bad as it felt.
Q: You’re going to continue reading chapters right?
A: Yes, I am – I started this because I genuinely feel like I’m providing a public service. There are so many people who make fun of Twilight that don’t even know the story of what happens in the book – including myself – so I feel like this way, they’ll be able to understand the story in all its stupidity, but without having to go through the mental turmoil of slogging through it themselves. (I know it sounds like I’m exaggerating but YOU TRY READING IT.)
Q: Have you seen the movies?
A: I saw the first one only because I wanted to sleep with the girl I saw it with. I went into the film fully aware that it’d be really terrible, and it still bothers me now when I look at the Twilight box office sales that a few pounds of that used to be mine. I have no interest in seeing the second one or any of the others.
Q: If you ever came face-to-face with Robert Pattinson, what would you say to him?
A: I’d love to hang out with Robert Pattinson! I’m as much a fan boy of him as any other Twilight hardcore, I actually think he’s awesome. I’d probably just shake his hand and say “Dude you’re so cool” and then hide away somewhere and cry at my own pathetic life.
Q: As of right now, what is your number one ambition? Is it to become King of YouTube or something else?
A: Hahahaha – ‘King of YouTube‘ isn’t a title they give out, to my knowledge, but if they did it would SO be my answer. My main ambition right now is to bring exposure to my music; to keep planning and releasing good music videos and spreading the word about me so that I can continue living in the way that I do.
Q: I like your style sir! Where do you shop at?
A: Thank you! <3 Almost everything I wear is from Topman, because they do smaller sizes than other shops and I’m quite a thin guy. The smaller stuff suits me better
Q: What’s your New Year’s resolution?
A: Oooh, you know, I haven’t actually thought about it yet. I don’t know. In 2004, my resolution was to be more confident, which worked out very well. In 2006 it was to start using weights – that got old near the start of February. I don’t know if I’ve made any resolutions since then. Anything I say will instantly feel like a chore, and will put me off doing it. So let’s say – to be in YouTube’s Most Subscribed list by the end of the year. Tough works, I need over double the subscribers I have now, but it’ll motivate me to keep making great videos and earning those extra viewers.
Q: If you could have anyone guest spot on your show, who would it be?
A: Ha, my ‘show’. I guess it’s just me in my house so I don’t think of it that way. Well if I could have ANYONE on my show, then … I dunno, I’d have to find a good use for the person so they weren’t just there for the sake of it. I think I’ll have Robert Pattinson just walk in at the end of one of my Twilight videos, saying “Hey, you!” and having a go at me.
Q: Can that person be me someday? :) hahah
A: Aww, you charmer <3 Well, the question you’re really asking here is “am I better than Robert Pattinson?” and Katie, you know that’s gonna be tough for me to answer :p
Q: Where can we expect to see you next Alex?
A: There’s a wonderfully creepy subtext to that question. I go shopping in Hornchurch most days, so if you’re really committed … apart from that, I’m gonna do more gigs in the New Year, including (hopefully) a US tour in the summer, and of course I’ll be uploading videos every week or so.
hahah I always ask that question last and he’s probably the only person to ever call that a little creepy!
To listen to Alex’s music click here
To watch his YouTube channel click here
– 21-year old Alexa Vega is engaged to her boyfriend. He’s 33 years old. I’m a little creeped out because anytime I ever hear news about her I see this…!
get em’ Spy Kids girl!
– Heidi Klum has officially changed her name to Seal’s last name Samuel. You MUST now address her as Heidi Samuel
– Meet the Taylor Swift doll! She’s $45 at Amazon.com
– Alicia Keys will be launching a new jewelry collection called The Barber’s Daughters at a lower Manhattan shop, Collette Blanchard Gallery.
– Lauren Conrad is hitting the books again as she is set to publish her second book, Lauren Conrad Style – a fashion guide – slated to hit shelves in Fall 2010.
– LOST will return to ABC on February 2nd, 2010 at 9 PM
– Nick Jonas and the Administration will release his new album Who I Am on Feb. 2nd.
Every time I’m home for a weekend, my first priority is ALWAYS catching up on my television haha only cause I don’t have a TV in my dorm at school.
So today I started watching the new MTV show “Taking the Stage,” and I am a new fan. I was a little skeptical cause this show was created by Nick Lachey but it’s so refreshing to see a a show about a group of five kids who attend the School for Creative and Performing Arts set in Cincinatti, Ohio going after their dreams.