Gap Leather Envelope Clutch – $39.95
Product: M·A·C Powder Blush in Trace Gold
Been Using It For: 6 years
How Did I Find It?: I wasn’t technically wearing real makeup until I got to high school, but this was the first product I bought on my own. By then, I was a sophomore in high school, 15 years old and attending my first semi-formal dance. Not knowing any better and wanting to be like every one else, I called into a department store and scheduled an appointment for whatever counter would have me. MAC, Chanel, Benefit, Dior – I didn’t know the difference then. I landed at MAC and after loving the shimmery glow left on my face, (I thought I looked sun-kissed, but in photographs, it looked like the sun had taken a big ‘ol dump on my face. I was an oompa loompa w/o the artificial tanning) I purchased the bronzer. It is safe to say that I now have some self control when using it and can use it in moderation. It wasn’t until recently that I learned that using bronzer was not all that appropriate for the fall/winter and more for summer, but for six years I completely ignored that fact. Do what you want – as long as it looks okay. Godspeed.
Slated to release mid-January, Sephora’s new collaboration with Hello Kitty will include make-up, brushes, fragrance, mirrors, blotter paper, and a cute little shower cap. I am loving the look of this collection because it seems more subtle than the MAC x Hello Kitty collaboration that was released two years ago.
For more pictures on the items that will be included in this collection, click here for full coverage from High Snobette.
Jones Soda will be distributing new “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” soda tomorrow at Comic-Con [Source]
- The new rumored animated Disney film is supposedly Jack and the Beanstalk [Source]
- Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr have pulled a fast one on us by getting married earlier TODAY! They just announced their engagement last month. [Source]
- TNT has landed the rights to the movie Inception, which means that if you haven’t seen it already – no worries – you can watch it on TNT in 2012. [Source] They also landed the rights to some other movies that came out this year, but who cares? It’s ALL about Inception.
- YouTube has mysteriously removed Justin Bieber’s “Baby” music video. This past week, it reached 255 million views surpassing the views on Lady Gaga’s “Bad Romance” video. The video was removed for copyright infringement by MJJ Productions.
- A bank robbery was reported today from Long Island, in which the robber decided to don a Dark Vader mask and costume. Officials are still searching for the 6’2 suspect who robbed the Setauket Chase bank at gun point. [source]
Ogilvy and Mather released a somewhat scandalous campaign advertising 3m permanent double-sided scotch table. I think this is quite clever. I like the simplicity of it. [Source]
- Katy Perry is releasing a new perfume called “Purr by Katy Perry.” [source]
- A new show will join the CW summer lineup called “18 to Life” on August 3rd. The show stars Stacey Farber [Ellie Nash of Degrassi - my favorite!] and Michael Seater [Life with Derek] [Source]
- Starting August 1st, you can now dress like Sonny from Disney show “Sonny with a Chance.” The new line, “D- Signed” hits Target right in time for back to school shopping season. [source]
- MAC will be releasing a new limited edition collection inspired by comic heroine Wonder Woman. The collection will include blush, eye shadows, lipsticks, and nail polish. [source]
- Blake Lively is doing all of her own stunts in The Green Lantern.
- Tiger Woods is dating again!
- The 2hr series finale of LOST is this Sunday. Please don’t spoil it for me, I’m very behind on episodes. When I say behind, I mean last season.
- Apple will no longer show their “Get a Mac” ads. [We were getting tired of them anyways]
“On May 20, 2010 Harry Potter film stars Harry Potter film stars Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid), Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), and Oliver and James Phelps (Fred and George Weasley) took a sneak peek tour of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure theme park.”
Park opens June 18,2010
- Kelis and Robyn will be on a joint tour together.
- John Travolta and Kelly Preston are expecting.
5 thieves were caught on tape stealing from the Apple store. They took basically everything on display in only 31 seconds.
Kind of reminds me of the movie “Gone in 60 Seconds.” The five guys were able to steal 23 Macbook Pros, 14 iPhones and 9 iPod Touches.
People just don’t know who they are messing with these days.
My first Apple computer arrived at my house when I was about 5 or 6. At some we decided to upgrade completely to PC’s and it was probably the best decision we’ve ever made.
Mac’s might be trendy, slim, lightweight etc, but they cannot live up to the performance that I need in a computer. Besides the iPod, that is the only product I will buy from them and even THAT freezes up sometimes.
The other day, my friend Chuck posted as his Facebook status that his $3000 Mac laptop broke after one year when he really needed it the most to edit his videos more extensively. This caused kind of a flurry over his status of people who loathe or love Macs.
The truth is, Macs are not perfect and Dino Dai Zovi was out to prove it! The author of “The Mac Hacker’s Handbook,” has said that, “there’s a an Apple security flaw in OS X that can give a malicious coder complete control of a Mac.”
At the core of the hack is a short code script that gives a hacker access to a Mac’s memory. Making it possible to gain root access to the machine, and subsequently a remote TCP connection is setup. Allow said hacker to gain access to your personal data, attack the machine, execute files, or quietly monitor Safari to sniff your attempts to access your financial and banking details online.
Just say no.
HAPPY 50th BIRTHDAY BARBIE!
You’re the most popular girl this year so far with your own collection with MAC Cosmetics and a runway show dedicated to you throughout the years from New York Fashion Week.
Listening to: Dyno Jamz – The Surge