Jennifer Lopez in stunning Valentino
I read recently that people were trying to make the Tony Awards a thing and to make sure attendees were stepping up their fashion game and looks like they delivered!
Anna Wintour in Chanel – she hosted the whole thang so she had to be first.
It killed me that I couldn’t post every look and have this ready to go for you all this morning! I was so excited to see some of the looks from the Met Gala yesterday evening and then a part of me knew that I would hate some looks as well. With the theme being, “China: Through the Looking Glass,” I was concerned that there would be jabs poked at stereotypes and Asian trends that would make me cringe. Of course there were, but like all things, we have to move on and not dwell on them. In the interest of saving time (and space!) I am choosing not to include looks that I felt were in poor taste.
Emma Stone in Dior Haute Couture
Since I was in the midst of traveling today, I missed the entire red carpet. However, in looking at all of the highlights, I wasn’t disappointed by the looks. We’re kicking things off with Emma Stone today and it looks like she’s falling some sort of a pattern this award show season.
Happy almost New Years readers! We’re really looking forward to 2015 and what’s in store not only for me, but also for Yow Yow! We never go into the new year with a plan so it’s always a surprise for us. There’s a whole lot of love today in this post because well, everyone is getting engaged and love is just all we’re thinking about right now.
Ashley and Mary-Kate Olsen
The CFDA awards highlights the best of the best in the fashion industry annually. This year, celebrities and the most notable players in the fashion world came out for one of the best dressed events of the year. We’re highlighting our favorite looks below and the winners below that.
I can’t believe it’s time already for the most fashionable night of the year! It’s crazy to think that a year has already gone by. I feel like I was making the 2013 post just last month. This year’s theme is White Tie and Decorations.
Of course we’re kicking things off with Queen Bey and Jay.
Beyonce and Jay-Z both in Givenchy Haute Couture
It looks like the rumors are true after all. Our beloved Marc Jacobs is saying goodbye to the Louis Vuitton brand after 16 years of being the creative director. Over the years of covering Louis Vuitton on Yow Yow! I have found myself reflecting back on some of the most amazing and gorgeous pieces showcased. The shows have been spectacular and have only proven that Marc Jacobs knows exactly what he is doing. Even though he’s stepping down, he is still heading up his own labels, which have done quite well. It’s almost a wonder how Marc has held it all together with how much he takes on.
Guests like Lady Gaga, Anna Wintour and Kate Moss sat in the front row, where they took in a decadent runway set-up, including a carousel, hotel rooms and an elevator—all odes to sets from Jacobs’ past runway shows—as well as a parade of models sporting ornate feathered headdresses.The designer, who dedicated his last collection to “the women who inspire me and to the show girl in every one of them,” received a standing ovation for his final bow.
It’s the biggest night in fashion of the year and for the past four years, we have been covering the annual Met Gala. This year’s theme was Punk: Chaos to Couture and the celebrities did it well. Here – Dakota Fanning looks phenomenal in Rodarte.
All photos by Style
Click the cut below for more amazing looks from your favorite celebrities, designers, and models.
These photographs by Juergen Teller have actually been out for a couple of weeks now, but I didn’t want to post them until I had the full spread of photos right in front of me. I don’t really like the way that Emma Stone looks on this cover because though she exudes innocence, she also looks child-like and as a viewer, it feels a little bit creepy. However, I’ve always been a fan of Juergen Teller’s work. He’s the man behind all of the Marc Jacobs ad and I’ve adored his work so much that I remember even including him in my final project for History of Costume Design during my freshman year of college on how different forms and outlets will change the way we look at fashion. Advertisements were one of them.
– Nicki Minaj’s hairstylist quits. [Source]
– It was Marc Jacobs’s psychiatrist that advised him to turn down the Dior gig. [Source]
– A song about Harry Styles is on its way y’all! [Source]
– Ke$ha was paid just $1.63 to write a song for Miley Cyrus. Yes, that’s $1.63… 63 cents. [Source]
– Jurassic Park 4 will be released June 13, 2014. [Source]
– Disney’s The Hunchback of Notre Dame may hit Broadway. [Source]
– Pirates of the Caribbean, really? [Source]
– Tina Fey on Twitter.
– Britney has not only split with fiance Jason Trawick, but has also given back his $90K engagement ring. [Source]
– Facebook is considering adding a fee to send messages to people that you are not connected with for a whopping $100. [Source]
– Crystal Harris signed a pretty serious Prenup before marrying Hugh Hefner. UM HOBviously. [Source]
– Do we like this new portrait of Kate Middleton revealed yesterday? Apparently, no one does. [Source]
– Jennifer Lawrence and actor Nicholas Hoult split. [Source]
– Evan Rachel Wood and Jamie Bell are expecting their first child. [Source] Luckily that Marilyn Manson thing was just a phase…
– Reddit Co-Founder and Digital Activist Aaron Swartz has committed suicide. [Source]
– Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis are engaged! [Source]
– Fashionista documents the best looks from Pretty Little Liars [Source]
– Marc Jacobs’ new makeup line will hit Sephora shelves this fall. [Source]
– Stella McCartney is launching a collection of eyewear and it’s pretty spectacular. [Source]
– Justin Bieber will host and perform on Saturday Night Live’s Feb. 9th episode. [Source]
– Paramore ain’t over y’all! A new album is on the way. [Source]
– Mariah Carey is hilarious in an interview with Barbara Walters in which she says she didn’t know Nicki Minaj sang…”I thought she rapped or whatever. [Source] Trollin’
– “Girls” actress Lena Dunham was criticized for having a ‘blobby body’ in a review. Uhhhhhh girl can do whatever she wants, she’s fantastic, okay? [Source]
– Aladdin will be on Broadway in Spring 2014. [Source]
– Joseph Gordon Levitt and Josh Brolin join the cast of the Sin City sequel. [Source]
– This is how Taylor Swift looks post split from Harry Styles. Haylor is no more. [Source]
– Khloe Kardashian is selling her old workout clothes on eBay. Sick. [Source]
– Anderson Cooper has been named Gay “Man of 2012” by Out readers. [Source]
– Snooki wants a baby. I think everyone had their doubts, but now that she’s proving everyone wrong no one really care. Go on with your bad self and have another baby Snooki! [Source]
– The White House has banned the paparazzo images of Sasha and Malia on the beach. [Source] um duh! Block that ish.