Who: Miley Cyrus
Wearing: Marc Jacobs Fall ’13 collection
Where: 30th Annual Night of Stars presented by The Fashion Group International
It looks like the rumors are true after all. Our beloved Marc Jacobs is saying goodbye to the Louis Vuitton brand after 16 years of being the creative director. Over the years of covering Louis Vuitton on Yow Yow! I have found myself reflecting back on some of the most amazing and gorgeous pieces showcased. The shows have been spectacular and have only proven that Marc Jacobs knows exactly what he is doing. Even though he’s stepping down, he is still heading up his own labels, which have done quite well. It’s almost a wonder how Marc has held it all together with how much he takes on.
Guests like Lady Gaga, Anna Wintour and Kate Moss sat in the front row, where they took in a decadent runway set-up, including a carousel, hotel rooms and an elevator—all odes to sets from Jacobs’ past runway shows—as well as a parade of models sporting ornate feathered headdresses.The designer, who dedicated his last collection to “the women who inspire me and to the show girl in every one of them,” received a standing ovation for his final bow.
It’s the biggest night in fashion of the year and for the past four years, we have been covering the annual Met Gala. This year’s theme was Punk: Chaos to Couture and the celebrities did it well. Here – Dakota Fanning looks phenomenal in Rodarte.
All photos by Style
Click the cut below for more amazing looks from your favorite celebrities, designers, and models.
These photographs by Juergen Teller have actually been out for a couple of weeks now, but I didn’t want to post them until I had the full spread of photos right in front of me. I don’t really like the way that Emma Stone looks on this cover because though she exudes innocence, she also looks child-like and as a viewer, it feels a little bit creepy. However, I’ve always been a fan of Juergen Teller’s work. He’s the man behind all of the Marc Jacobs ad and I’ve adored his work so much that I remember even including him in my final project for History of Costume Design during my freshman year of college on how different forms and outlets will change the way we look at fashion. Advertisements were one of them.
- Nicki Minaj’s hairstylist quits. [Source]
- It was Marc Jacobs’s psychiatrist that advised him to turn down the Dior gig. [Source]
- A song about Harry Styles is on its way y’all! [Source]
- Ke$ha was paid just $1.63 to write a song for Miley Cyrus. Yes, that’s $1.63… 63 cents. [Source]
- Jurassic Park 4 will be released June 13, 2014. [Source]
- Disney’s The Hunchback of Notre Dame may hit Broadway. [Source]
- Pirates of the Caribbean, really? [Source]
- Tina Fey on Twitter.
- Britney has not only split with fiance Jason Trawick, but has also given back his $90K engagement ring. [Source]
- Facebook is considering adding a fee to send messages to people that you are not connected with for a whopping $100. [Source]
- Crystal Harris signed a pretty serious Prenup before marrying Hugh Hefner. UM HOBviously. [Source]
- Do we like this new portrait of Kate Middleton revealed yesterday? Apparently, no one does. [Source]
- Jennifer Lawrence and actor Nicholas Hoult split. [Source]
- Evan Rachel Wood and Jamie Bell are expecting their first child. [Source] Luckily that Marilyn Manson thing was just a phase…
- Reddit Co-Founder and Digital Activist Aaron Swartz has committed suicide. [Source]
- Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis are engaged! [Source]
- Fashionista documents the best looks from Pretty Little Liars [Source]
- Marc Jacobs’ new makeup line will hit Sephora shelves this fall. [Source]
- Stella McCartney is launching a collection of eyewear and it’s pretty spectacular. [Source]
- Justin Bieber will host and perform on Saturday Night Live’s Feb. 9th episode. [Source]
- Paramore ain’t over y’all! A new album is on the way. [Source]
- Mariah Carey is hilarious in an interview with Barbara Walters in which she says she didn’t know Nicki Minaj sang…”I thought she rapped or whatever. [Source] Trollin’
- “Girls” actress Lena Dunham was criticized for having a ‘blobby body’ in a review. Uhhhhhh girl can do whatever she wants, she’s fantastic, okay? [Source]
- Aladdin will be on Broadway in Spring 2014. [Source]
- Joseph Gordon Levitt and Josh Brolin join the cast of the Sin City sequel. [Source]
- This is how Taylor Swift looks post split from Harry Styles. Haylor is no more. [Source]
- Khloe Kardashian is selling her old workout clothes on eBay. Sick. [Source]
- Anderson Cooper has been named Gay “Man of 2012″ by Out readers. [Source]
- Snooki wants a baby. I think everyone had their doubts, but now that she’s proving everyone wrong no one really care. Go on with your bad self and have another baby Snooki! [Source]
- The White House has banned the paparazzo images of Sasha and Malia on the beach. [Source] um duh! Block that ish.
Charlize Theron in Dior completely gets Yow Yow’s stamp of approval for being the best dressed on the red carpet last night. There was a whole lot of cream and ivory, but gosh the simplicity and elegance of this gown made me melt. The headband was also what sealed the deal for me.
Who: Alexa Chung
Wearing: Marc Jacobs
Where: Late Night With Jimmy Fallon
The lovely Alexa Chung appeared on my favorite late night television show with Jimmy Fallon last night and was as charming as ever! No surprises here – her outfit did not disappoint.
- I am crossing my fingers that one of my favorite labels, Vena Cava, will pull through their financial troubles. [Source]
- The Versace for H&M collection has caused the UK E-commerce site to crash. The US site will launch fall 2012. [Source]
- Vera Wang is collaborating with Zales on a new engagement ring collection. [Source]
- Someone has stolen part of Marc Jacobs‘ collection! [Source]
- James Franco continues to add to his resume – makes the entire world look bad. The actor will direct and photograph the upcoming campaign for Seven For All Mankind. [Source]
- Mike Posner ruins “Wonderwall.” GAH!
- Sufjan Stevens is collaborating with The Roots. [Source]
- The babies are not a fan of Lady Gaga’s! After the parents of this baby suggested Lady Gaga hold this little one, it made this face. [Source]
- Scarlett Johansson will direct a film. [Source]
- The sequel to Star Trek will begin filming in January. [Source]
- Taylor Swift is going to be on 60 Minutes this weekend. Not missing that. [Source]
- We say goodbye to One Tree Hill. [Source]
- Steve Buscemi will host SNL on Dec. 3rd w/ The Black Keys as performers. [Source]
- The boycott petition to get the Kardashians off of the E! Network has reached 100K. [Source]
- The Ricki Lake Show will return in 2012. [Source]
- I don’t know about you guys, but the little chance of snow happening in Seattle this weekend is EXCITING! I hope it continues into next week too because having classes cancelled would really be the cherry on top of my fall quarter.
- Bluebird’s new Fremont shop opens Friday. [Source]
- Housewares designer, Jonathan Adler, will stop by Nordstrom on Dec. 1st. [Source]
- Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore are no more. [Source]
- Joe Paterno has a treatable form of lung cancer. [Source]
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are covering Vogue’s second annual best dressed issue. The issue highlights the best in fashionable sisters including the Olsen twins, Kate and Pippa Middleton, Dakota and Elle Fanning and many more. [Source]
- Dakota Fanning’s ad for Marc Jacobs’ “Oh Lola” fragrance has been banned for being too sexual. [Source]
- In Chloe Sevigny’s recent cover shoot for Candy Magazine photographed by Terry Richardson, the two of them collaborated in…another way. [Source] Must be weird for Terry to make out with someone that completely looks like him.
- Girl Scout cookies as chap sticks flavors [Source]
- Alber Elbaz, the designer behind Lanvin, is writing a book. [Source]
-Dakota and Elle Fanning cover W. [Source]
- The lovely and talented Dia Frampton will be releasing her first debut album on December 6th. [Source]
- To celebrate Christmas at the Rockefeller Center, Tony Bennett, Justin Bieber, Michael Bublé, Cee Lo Green, Faith Hill, Carole King, Katharine McPhee, Javier Colon and The Radio City Rockettes will be performing for the live broadcast. [Source]
- Justin Bieber is definitely taking the paternity test in two weeks and Maury is trying to recruit him to be on his show when he reveals the results. [Source] I would love to hear Maury announce, “YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER!” or vice versa.
- An acoustic performance by Fun of “We Are Young” featuring Janelle Monae. [Source]
- EMI Music has been sold to Universal for $1.9 Billion. Sony bought out EMI Music Publishing for $2.2 Billion. [Source]
- Taylor Momsen’s band, The Pretty Reckless, will support Guns ‘N Roses on tour. [Source]
- Showtime has renewed Weeds for an eighth season. [Source] I can’t believe this show isn’t over yet.
- Billy Crystal will be hosting the Oscars this year replacing Eddie Murphy. [Source]
- Lifetime TV is planning a new reality series called “Starving Secrets” to highlight the effects of having an eating disorder. [Source]
- Breaking Dawn fans are camping out for the premiere of the movie in Los Angeles. [Source] Wow, that doesn’t sound like fun at all.
- The Chihuly Garden and Glass Exhibit will open next spring at the Seattle Center and will be the world’s largest Chihuly exhibit to ever exist. [Source] Above is a photograph of our Chihuly sculpture on campus in Pigott.
- Cupcake Royale has made Breaking Dawn cupcakes to celebrate the release. [Source]
- Meet Seattle’s most influential people of 2011. [Source]
- Seattle made the list for being the 8th shopaholic city. [Source]
- These are the worst action figures of Kate and Pippa Middleton I have ever seen. [Source]
- Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves are finally following in the footsteps of their previous characters and are dating! [Source]
- 25- year old Kyla Pratt (One-on-One, Proud Family) has a one-year old daughter. [Source]
- Ex-pornstar, Sasha Grey, read children’s book to elementary students yesterday and parents were not enthused. [Source]
- A 10-year old girl from Mexico gave birth to a baby boy in a 31-week pregnancy. [Source] OH MY GOD.
- A straight rugby player suffers a stroke and goes into a coma – wakes up gay and fabulous! [Source]