Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture
- To celebrate the new Playboy club in London, Marchesa designer Georgina Chapman has created an updated version of the Playboy bunny suit. [Source]
- Designer Tory Burch has launched a new Tumblr showcasing her favorite people, places, and interests. Visit Torypedia.
- Lauren Bush and Judith Leiber have collaborated together in designing the FEED evening clutch.
“The clutch retails for $495, far less than many of Leiber’s more elaborately bejeweled minaudières, and $250 from every bag sold will go to supporting global food-supply programs. In fact, each sale will provide 1,000 school meals for children in need, the largest amount yet associated with one of FEED’s products.” [Source]
- Angelina Jolie is the new face of Louis Vuitton. [Source]
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are debuting a new optical line. [Source]
- Above is the cover art for Bon Iver’s newest self-titled album due out June 21st, 2011. Tracklisting at the…[Source]
- Taylor Swift has bought herself an LA mansion. [Source]
- TV on the Radio bassist Gerard Smith has passed away after losing his battle with leukemia. [Source]
- Kanye West’s charity has closed. [Source]
- Ashley Fink and the Dalton Academy Warblers will also join New Directions on the Glee tour this summer. [Source]
- Detroit’s Movement Electronic Music Festival has released their lineup. [Source]
- Author James Frey will return to Oprah’s talk show in one of her last episodes to discuss his new book “The Final Testament of the Holy Bible” after she ripped him a new one five years ago for his book “A Million Little Pieces.” [Source]
- Chris Colfer has sold a pilot to the Disney Channel called The Little Leftover Witch. [Source]
- Justin Timberlake will host the May 21 season finale of Saturday Night Live with Lady Gaga as the musical guest. [Source] Stacked lineup.
- Demi Lovato has decided to leave her role on Disney’s “Sonny With a Chance” after receiving treatment for her eating disorder and bipolar disorder. She will continue to focus on her music career. [Source]
- Scream 4 actors Emma Roberts and Rory Culkin grace Nylon’s May 2011 Young Hollywood issue. [Source]
- Marion Cotillard will play Miranda Tate in “The Dark Night Rises” and Joseph Gordon-Levitt will play John Blake, a police officer. [Source]
- Bellevue Square prepares for Forever 21′s arrival. [Source]
- Capitol Hill will be the first location for the new morning parking meters for the late night parties. [Source]
- James Franco has been accepted into the University of Houston’s Creative Writing Program. [Source] Just stop it…
- Not everyone can tweet like Zooey Deschanel can. [Source]
- Jane Krakowski has given birth to a son. [Source]
- Meet TIME Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People of 2011. [Source]
- Didn’t watch your language on the court? MAKE A PSA! Nice Kobe. [Source]
- There is a new laser treatment called Axilase that will help you reduce your amount of sweat. [Source]
- Evan Rachel Wood admits to being bisexual. [Source]
- Natalie Portman on the new cover of InStyle. [Source]
-The HBIC Britney Spears will be performing at the Grammy awards this year with a medley of hits and her new single “Hold it Against Me.” [Source]
- Already seven months along, Rachel Zoe will be having a boy! [Source]
- Jewel, Kate Hudson, and Tia Mowry are also pregnant. And I don’t care to source these so I’m going to let you Google if you must.
- American Apparel is back to their racy ads yet again… [Source and totally NSFW]
- Michael Douglas has beaten cancer. [Source]-
- Zooey Deschanel will grace the cover of Lucky’s April issue.
- Kylie Minogue has released her North American tour dates. Check to see if she’ll be making a stop near you here.
- Owen Wilson is becoming a father. [Source]
- James Franco has hinted that he might put on quite a performance for the Oscars. [Source]
- Britney Spears will drop her seventh album on March 15th, 2011. [Source]
- Both Pretty Little Liars and The Secret Life of An American Teenager have been renewed for a second and fourth season respectively. [Source]
- Marion Cotillard has got a bun in the oven! [Source]
- Michelle Williams is launching a yoga center for single moms. [Source]
- Now you can make English Peas just like Paula Deen! This is just like the time when Rachel Ray taught us how to make bacon in the microwave. [Source]
Comments always welcome!
To read the rest of the thread, click here.
In local news…
- Three students from Tacoma High School attempted to flush firecrackers down a urinal causing the entire school to evacuate. To be young and curious again… [Source]
I really love what I do. Tonight my work allowed me the opportunity to see the advanced screening of the new film “Inception,” due out this Friday, July 16th.
I don’t want to give too much away about the film because you will enjoy it so much more if you know less. In fact, Leonardo DiCapario said in an interview not too long ago that he liked that there was so much mystery surrounding the trailer and what the movie was about because it added more suspense.
The cast was amazing. Leonardo, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page, Ken Watanabe, Tom Hardy, Cillian Murphy, and Marion Cotillard blew me away. Some movies rely on an all-star cast to generate more buzz, but most of the time it isn’t accounted for. In fact, many are left feeling unsatisfied. With Inception, you won’t be. Every person has served their purpose. No one impressed me more than Miss Ellen Page. Even though she broke out of her Juno character with Whip It, she truly showed her wide range of acting abilities in this movie.
The film was beautiful, thrilling, and daring. It will keep you on the edge of your seat for all two and a half hours, but you’ll love every minute of it. Christopher Nolan did an incredible job with it all and you might even catch a few similarities from The Dark Knight as well. It’s funny how the movie is about dreams and imagination because you will find yourself being pulled deeper and deeper into it and it is such an overwhelming feeling how attached you will be to this film in the end. What is real and what isn’t? This film will push you to think. It is complex and built upon layers, but it isn’t a chaotic mess. Just follow along and if you get a little lost along the way, maybe your imagination will put you back on the right track.
The reviews are coming out as we speak. The tough critics over at Rotten Tomatoes have already given it a 96% which is pretty damn good! For reference Toy Story 3 received a 99% and Eclipse got 54%
I also received some incredible responses from our viewers tonight:
“I can’t wait to go to sleep now!”
“…One of the best movies I’ve seen in two years.”
“Exceptional – best one I’ve seen all year.”
“I trust Nolan more than any other director.”
I highly recommend seeing this movie. I might even see it a second time. Let me know what you think!
It is the biggest fashion party of the year! This year’s theme is “Model As Muse”
Gisele Bündchen in Versace and Finn.
Anne Hathaway in Marc Jacobs