Kerry Washington in Prada
I may have missed the entire show from being at work and out to dinner, but we’d never miss a chance of covering the red carpet.
DV by Dolce Vita ‘Dania’ Sandal – $26.23
By the looks of this month’s closet collection, you would think that we were already gearing up for fall! That, however, just isn’t true. I’ve noticed recently that while out shopping, I’ve been indulging in pieces that tend to be on the more neutral side – whites, creams, grays, and blacks. I’ve always been a fan of the classic style, but one thing is for sure – I definitely don’t get dressed up as much as I did in college. Back then, bold and bright pieces were my trademark, but these days – I’m not really dressing for anyone else other than myself and I’m not meeting new people every single day so getting dressed in the morning has become simplified. With that, here are my picks for July!
In true Sofia Coppola fashion, this new campaign video for the Marni and H&M collection is reminiscent of her previous work. The prints are beautiful. The music serene – and the entire campaign just completely whimsical and enchanting. I know I used a lot of descriptive words in that, but it is what it is. Sofia Coppola’s directing style has always been mesmerizing to me and while it’s not for everyone, there is something about it that I love.
- New York takes a jab at Miranda Kerr by calling her interview responses banal. [Source]
– The Victoria’s Secret Angels attempt to sing Jingle Bells. ahhh Lily Aldridge is my favorite!
– H&M x Marni is happening! The collaborative collection will debut March 8th. [Source]
– My style icon Alexa Chung won the British Style Award. [Source]
– “Like Crazy” actress Felicity Jones is the new face of Dolce & Gabbana. [Source]
– Britney Spears is performing a free show in Mexico! WHOA! [Source]
– The Red Hot Chili Peppers are hitting the road again for their new tour. [Source]
- S Club 7 is making a comeback! [Source]
“When her sister disappears, Jill (Seyfried) is convinced the serial killer who kidnapped her two years ago has returned, and she sets out to once again face her abductor.”
– Pretty Little Liars has been renewed for a third season! No surprise there. Looks like we have another year until we find out who A really is. [Source]
– Ricky Martin will be making an appearance on Glee next year. [Source]
– These breakout stars had a fantastic year in 2011. [Source]
– Conrad Murray has been sentenced to four years behind bars for the death of Michael Jackson. [Source]
François-Henri Pinault with Salma Hayek both in Alexander McQueen
There was an unbelievable amount of love for Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney at this year’s 2011 Met Ball. I think out of all the Met Ball’s I have seen, this one has provided the most looks that I have fallen in love with. Well done everyone.
This year’s theme was in tribute to the late designer Alexander McQueen as the museum debuted a new exhibition in his name. Since there were so many attendees this year, I decided to post only my favorite looks (and a few others) – don’t worry, it’s still pretty image heavy!
Where was Camilla Belle this year?
Who: MTV host Alexa Chung
Wearing: Burberry dress // Marni shoes
Where: On set filming her show “It’s On With Alexa Chung”