Emma Stone is pretty much my girl of 2012. She has snagged quite a few blockbusters within the last year, has risen to be a style icon, and is dating her Spiderman co-star Andrew Garfield. Her life is awesome. Her outfits are fantastic. We all wish we can be Emma Stone. End of story.
I think after the last fashion week, I said that I would only preview my favorite designers, but it turns out that I can’t even make myself do that. If I’ve missed a day of new releases, I will go back and preview all of them. It must have something to do with my issue of missing news because I won’t even do that for blogs either. I will literally go back to the date I last read.
Anyways, Matthew Williamson has always been a favorite of mine and his Pre-Fall is full of pieces I could only dream of having.
If you haven’t heard of Lily Collins yet, that will soon change! Lily is the daughter of Phil Collins, but she has been actively working towards her career endeavors since she was a teenager. Her first gig as a Nickelodeon correspondent helped launched her into acting roles including Sandra Bullock’s daughter in The Blind Side and now opposite on-screen and off-screen boyfriend Taylor Lautner in Abduction. The girl also just happens to be a star on the red carpet as well. Surprising? Not really.
- Matthew Williamson’s collection for Macy’s is now out and it is packed with beautiful party dresses and prints for the spring/summer. View and purchase the collection here.
- J. Crew will open their first International store in the UK at the end of the summer. [Source]
- Last season, Miu Miu’s appliqued dress made on the cover of nearly every magazine. This season, it is Prada’s entire Spring collection that has earned 48 covers. [Source]
- FOX News makes a huge deal over a J.Crew ad in which creative director Jenna Lyons is painting her son’s toenails pink. [Source]
- Incubus will release their new album “If Not Now, When?” on July 12th. [Source]
- Glenn Beck has been using Metric’s music and Emily Haines is weirded out. [Source]
- Taking Back Sunday’s new self-titled album will be released June 28th. [Source]
- My favorite former boy band member Jeff Timmons of 98 Degrees has decided to join the Chippendales dance crew at the Rio in Las Vegas from May 12 thru June 5. [Source] The little girl inside of me is swooning.
- And in case you haven’t heard yet, Nicki Minaj will be touring with Britney Spears this summer. [Source]
- LCD Soundsystem will be releasing their final show on DVD. [Source]
- Nickelodeon has renewed iCarly for a fifth season. [Source]
- ABC is cancelling All My Children and One Life to Live. [Source]
- AJ Cook is planning her return to Criminal Minds full time again. [Source]
- Cannes has announced their film festival line up. [Source]
- Ellen Page, Jesse Eisenberg, Penelope Cruz, and Alec Baldwin have signed on for Woody Allen’s new film set to be shot in Rome this summer. [Source]
- Monte Carlo starring Selena Gomez, Katie Cassidy, and Leighton Meester with an appearance by Cory Monteith. I don’t think anyone actually believes that all of them are supposed to be just graduated seniors.
- Moe bar will be streaming live coverage from Coachella this weekend for free! Still not the same experience, but it’s the thought that counts. [Source]
- This Saturday is Record Store Day! Tons of record stores in Seattle will be having special events including band signings and special band performances. For the full schedule, check out The Stranger here. Also, a new record store called Spin Cycle is opening TODAY on Broadway at 321 Broadway on Capitol Hill.
- Yogurtland’s opening is tentatively planned for this weekend! [Source]
- A man is auctioning off a jelly bean that looks like it has an imprint of Kate Middleton’s face. [Source]
- NBA has fined Kobe Bryant $100,000 for his offensive slur at a ref. [Source]
- Seann William Scott has checked out of rehab. [Source]
- Catherine Zeta-Jones is currently being treated for bi-polar disorder. [Source]
- Scarlett Johansson has moved in with Sean Penn. [Source]
- Emma Roberts is covering the May issue of Seventeen Magazine. [Source]
- Harry Potter actress Bonnie Wright is engaged to Jamie Campbell Bower. [Source]
- A two-year old boy was given sangria instead of orange juice at a Florida Olive Garden. [Source] rookie mistake
- Learn how to be a jetsetter with Refinery 29′s useful infographic. [Source]
- The world’s oldest man, Walter Breuning has passed away at age 114. [Source] Damn.
Hooray. This is the longest In the News…posting I have ever made.
in Alice + Olivia
** I first created this post over a year ago and since then a lot of the images have become broken so I decided to fix some and add more because this seemed to be a crowd favorite. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it off of the top posts list to the left. Enjoy!