10 years later and flawless…!
I have said from the beginning (more like after President Obama got re-elected for his second term) that his PR team has been on point. Not only do they convey messages that are heartwarming and memorable, but they also like to prove that they are with the times and can throw out modern references every now and then. Today, Obama’s team threw out what will go down in history as one of the best tweets ever by tweeting this “Mean Girls” reference.
This tweet embodies three things that we love – Mean Girls, dogs, and the inner workings of the Oval Office.
Mean Girls’ character Shame Oman grew up to be Homeland’s Mike Faber.
Also, Homeland returns Sunday, Sept 29th. So far from now.
- Zooey Deschanel does not look like Zooey Deschanel on the cover of Glamour. [Source]
- Fake braces are all the rage right now in Asia. [Source]
- Girls will be releasing a soundtrack in January! Excited. Hope this is on Spotify because their music selection is. on. point. [Source]
- Our girl Britney will be working on a new album. [Source]
- a scripted hour-long drama is in the works for E! and will be a mixture of Gallery Girls and Mean Girls called Gallerina [Source]
- Ann Curry won’t let that NBC drama get her down. Apparently, she’s been contacted for a position at CNN as an anchor. [Source]
- The shows that ended in 2012.
- Andddd the television characters that passed away in 2012. [Source]
- The Twilight Saga was voted the worst movies of all time. Shocker. [Source]
- We prepare to say goodbye to the iconic Easy Street Records on Queen Anne. [Source]
- Hugh Hefner and Crystal Harris finally got married! She didn’t run away this time. [Source]
Did I mention that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are having a spawn baby together?
- The PS2 is not more. Japan stops production. [Source]
- Are you in a profession that could lead you to being a psychopath?
Author Kevin Dutton tells us in his new book which professions are most likely and least likely to lead to psychopathy. [Source]
1. Initially, Lindsay Lohan was cast as Regina, but decided to play the “nice girl” so the public wouldn’t base her real personality on Regina’s.
Last night, ABC Family premiered Mean Girls 2 after showing the classic Mean Girls movie. I didn’t watch because
a) it was a mistake to make a Mean Girls 2 in the first place
b) I wasn’t interested
c) too busy watching Bridal Plasty – shhhh!
Buzzfeed did compile a list of facts about the original Mean Girls movie though. To check them out, click here.
Did anyone watch Mean Girls 2? Can anyone confirm that it was actually a train wreck for me?
When I am not reading my daily reads searching for news, you can typically find me perusing various Tumblr’s. Where else would I snag the pictures for “A Collection” posts? Tumblr pages also add a little bit of hilarity to my life. Today, Buzzfeed selected 60 of their favorite pages and of the 60 chosen, I decided to select my favorite! Happy time-wasting Tuesday!
There will only ever be one Mean Girls. Why can’t people just see that? How can people think that making a second film based off of the original is a good idea? It didn’t work for Bring It On or American Pie. Yesterday, it was announced that they would be turning the hit series “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” into a film. While the last season of Buffy kind of went down the drain, we should just remember it the way it was in the good ol’ days. A new Buffy can never replace Sarah Michelle Gellar.
Above is the trailer for Mean Girls 2…so much embarrassment.
Remember when attempting to”make it” meant leaving your entire life behind and moving to Los Angeles or New York? Those aspiring quickly realized that it wasn’t as easy as they thought and resorted to finding day jobs to fund for their new lifestyles. The difference between then and now is that now we don’t have to try. The fame we once sought after is knocking right on our front doors. [cliches are exciting no?] If you want to be famous today, what you need is to have a talented voice, a video camera or a web cam. Record the video, post it on YouTube and hope you’re good enough to get noticed by some agent. For example, look at how well 12-year old Greyson Chance is doing. Four months ago, he performed Lady Gaga’s “Paparazzi” at his middle school’s talent show and now he is getting worldwide recognition. Greyson also just finished recording his first album!
Not everyone can be a singer though.
Imagine the “High School Cafeteria scene in Mean Girls.” You’ve got your fashion bloggers, your YouTube stars, Actual celebrites, Twitterers, and your project bloggers.
Below are some of my favorite bloggers who gained their respect and credibility through their blogs.
Are we surprised by this new collection by VS? Not really. It was bound to happen eventually! So I discovered the greatest news about Halloween this year from my best friend. Halloween is on a Sunday. You know what that means… celebrating FRIDAY, SATURDAY, and SUNDAY. I hope you’re preparing your three costumes because everyone knows you can’t wear the same one three days in a row.
I’m having a hard time figuring out what kind of costumes they would design though. I would say 70% if not more of the costumes worn by women during Halloween include lingerie or are made up of lingerie entirely. My hope for them is that they get a little creative because if it’s Victoria’s Secret, I don’t want to see anything I’ve seen before at any other costume shop.
Like they say in Mean Girls,