Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture
Everyone kind of knew she’d be wearing Dior since she’s the new face and all, but no one expected her to look this flawless. The cinched belt at the waistline completes this look.
- Bloggers are making their mark on the world! The Man Repeller’s Leandra Medine will be releasing a new book slated for next year. [Source]
- Pinterest puts their foot down when it comes to thinspiration images on their website. [Source]
- Could H&M be on the verge of launching a luxury brand? [Source]
- The lyrics slay me.
- Britney Spears is joining X Factor y’all! [Source]
- Maroon 5′s new album “Overexposed” will be released in June. [Source]
- A new MGMT record will be released this September! [Source]
- Australian music group, Jet, has decided to part ways. [Source]
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros will release their second album together by the end of the year. [Source]
- A Hunger Games vacation. [Source]
- JJ Abrams isn’t letting anyone see Star Trek 2 before it comes out! [Source]
- The Weinstein Company has decided to retaliate against the MPAA and will release the new documentary, “Bully,” as unrated. [Source]
- Direct R.J. Cutler (The September Issue) will direct yet another fashion-based film. [Source]
- We said goodbye to one of my favorite series, Skins. [Source]
- Teen Mom 2 star Jenelle is going under the knife. [Source]
- Mike “The Situation” has checked into rehab for prescription pills and alcohol. [Source]
- 30 Rock will do another live episode next month. [Source]
- Lifetime has pulled a controversial episode of Dance Moms featuring the young girls as little showgirls. [Source]
- Jo Rivera from Teen Mom 2 attempts a rap career. [Source]
- Here’s a first look at AnnaSophia Robb as a young Carrie Bradshaw. [Source]
- Camille Grammer is not returning to The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. [Source]
- ABC Family has picked up the network rights to The Hunger Games – will air in 2014. [Source]
- Jimmy Kimmel will host the Emmy’s! [Source]
- Everyday Music has officially moved across the street. [Source]
- Ballard burger spot, The Counter, has closed. [Source]
- A store I recently discovered while in San Francisco, Bevmo, will open up two locations in Washington in Silverdale and Tacoma. Um…I think they really meant Seattle, but that’s not happening. [Source]
- Seattle Restaurant Week begins April 8th! [Source]
- There is a Vintage Wedding Fair going down this weekend. Swoon swoon swoon. [Source]
- Miami Heat show their support for Trayvon Martin. [Source]
- Jason Russell’s naked meltdown was because of a brief reactive psychosis. [Source]
- Tori Spelling is pregnant again. [Source]
- Kim’s flour shower. [Source]
- Megan Fox has spent $60K + on plastic surgery. [Source] Yikes.
- Hilary Duff gave birth to son Luca last week.
- Khloe Kardashian turns her back on PETA after her sister’s incident. [Source]
- VS Angel Adriana Lima is also pregnant. [Source]
Olivia Wilde in Marchesa
Chocolate brown and gold sequins are the perfect combination for this Golden Globe gown. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen Olivia look this good! I also loved that she wore her hair down with her bangs since we are typically used to seeing it done up.
Eminem ft. Rihanna – Love the Way You Lie
w/ appearances by Megan Fox and that one hobbit/LOST character Dominic Monaghan.
anyone else feel like there was some excessive tongue action going on? A little too much…
However, there was some good that came out of this. Megan decided to donate her paycheck from the music video to Sojourn House, a shelter for abused women and children.
- Steve Carell will be leaving The Office next year capping off season 7. [source]
- The divorce is final between Jesse James and Sandra Bullock. [source]
- Emma Watson has confirmed that she is dating George Craig, the Burberry model and frontman of music group One Night Only.
Watch it now before it gets removed! Cue tears at … 4:39
Chris Brown struggled through his tribute to Michael Jackson last night at the BET Awards. After dancing through Billie Jean, Remember the Time, and Smooth Criminal, Chris attempted to end the tribute by singing Man in the Mirror, but broke down into tears showing everyone just how vulnerable he was. Haven’t decided if I still feel bad for him or not. It must suck to know that everyone kind of hates you because you beat your girlfriend up and it went public and basically your career went down the drain. Stuff happens; sometimes you bounce back and sometimes you don’t.
- Nicole Richie wrote another book entitled “Priceless” due out Sept. 28, 2010
- David Olsen, the father of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen is broke and facing foreclosure. Will the twins with all the money in the world step in to save their father from his debt? [Source]
- The Lohans are back to reality television again and have already started filming. Gross Dina Lohan is almost becoming worse than Kate Gosselin. [Source]
- Degrassi. The Boiling Point!
- Kristen Stewart lightens the hair and looks a whole lot better and a whole lot less emo than she always does. WIN.
- Tonight, Nikki Blonsky will debut her new ABC Family show Huge.
- Dove is casting “REAL WOMEN” for their new ad campaign. These women must have flawless skin, no scars, and definitely no tattoos. Nice job Dove, real nice.
- According to a recent study, the average woman will spend nearly $24,000 on shoes in their lifetime. That’s disgusting.
- You can now put Barbie in a fat suit!
- Google is determined to create the next best social networking site. Move out of the way Facebook. They didn’t win you over with Google Buzz, but now they’re coming back in full force with… wait for it…GoogleMe.
- Grandpa gets his GAGA on w/ this video posted by The Stranger.
- Rihanna has decided to cancel her kick off date for her tour in WA at the White River Amphitheater. Fans will receive a refund. [boooooo I'm a Chris Brown fan now!]
- Megan Fox officially wed Brian Austin Green in a small ceremony in Hawaii late last week. [source]
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley will be replacing Megan Fox in the Transformers franchise.
Miley Cyrus has apparently split with her boyfriend Liam Hemsworth.
Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon may or may not be expecting.
The Ataris is going on tour? When did they last put out a hit song? [source]
Degrassi’s season 9 will be released on DVD and Bluray on July 20
Today, Seattle’s beloved athlete Ken Griffey Jr. has retired from the Seattle Mariners. Sad day.
Drunk History featuring Will Ferrell, Don Cheadle and Zooey Deschanel
Revlon’s new collection of nail polishes are scented. [yeah, no thanks]
Glee actress Jane Lynch recently married her longtime girlfriend Lara Embry in Massachusetts.
Celine Dion is pregnant with twins.
The Welsh government has released this new PSA warning men about sexual harassment.
George Bush has joined Facebook [source]
Urban Outfitters has now launched their own beauty shop on their website which features over 50 brands and 1,000 colors. [source]
Italy is offering pregnant women 4500 Euros to not have an abortion. Payments will be separated into 18 months. This is a controversial issue so I don’t want to get into it on its own post. [source]
I’m tired of hearing about all of this surgery talk going around. Even hearing about Megan Fox’s surgeries for the first time were overbearing. Then came Heidi Montag and her ten in one day. They weren’t even that significant because she got a boob job on top of another boob job and then something crazy, which involved “carving out her back.”
I’ve officially decided that getting surgery is the act of being overly self-conscious. I don’t expect you to agree with me on that statement. I understand that it is quite controversial. Unless you need surgery for your nose to help you breathe, then I just don’t see the point. Maybe you messed something up in an accident – that’s okay. I might even be okay with Kate Gosselin’s tummy tuck after having her eight kids. What I’m not okay with is that show they once had on FOX called The Swan. Who’s idea was that? Those women ended up having multiple surgeries that were even more ridiculous. What a terrible show… to have your loved ones nominate you as being “ugly” and then having you be on this show requiring you to receive lots of surgery so that you can be “a swan.”
Nowadays, people are living with the idea that surgery can fix anything. It is the solution to everything. Surgeon Bai Helong has now decided that people should have surgery to “fix” their height. Yes, this has been an issue for some men and women alike, but is it really necessary? Apparently, he has found a safe way to give an extension to legs in order to make his patients “grow a few inches.”
“By cutting through the tibia and the fibula below the knee and screwing braces on the inner part of his patients’ legs, Helong begins the four-(yes, four)-month-long process of stretching the legs. In that period of time, an extra two to three inches are added, but the patient is required to stay immobile. The surgery will set you back about $11,000 and it takes about 4 months before you can even think about walking again, but in the end, you will be a few centimeters taller.”
A study has also shown that women who are taller get paid more. Yeah, I’ll keep my 11,000 and four months of being able to walk instead.
It is a tedious and challenging task having to go through all of your posts in one year to weed out your favorites. Something… I don’t really want to ever do it again. BUT it’s important that I share with you my favorite 20. Over the course of this year, some posts have made it to the top [or the front page of WordPress] that I really don’t think are all that deserving of that title. I like all my posts of course, but there are some that I believe, have a larger message. There are some that I put a lot of time into working on that receive no attention at all. Yet, the whole world cares more about Dora the Explorer, Megan Fox, and the new Tinkerbell. So I’m allowing you all to see my favorite posts again resurfaced! These are for the most part in no order – I don’t have time to truly give them a number ranking.
20. New Directions
Why: If you don’t know where to look, you will never find it. Believe it or not, men care about their appearances just as much as women. Maybe they won’t admit, but that’s okay. I’m not asking you to. I wanted to highlight some well made websites and blogs for men that focus on dress and lifestyle. It’s okay to want to look good. :)
Why: One of my best friends Jeanette reminded me this past summer that it is always important to explore where you are from. I’ve lived in and around Seattle my entire life and I can safely say that no experience is the same. People from Seattle don’t know this, but there is so much more than downtown and the Space Needle and Seattle Center. There are various neighborhoods – each a part of the city, but with its own individual personality. That day, we explored three prominent locations in the Seattle area: Pike Place Market, Gasworks, and the Fremont Troll.