The idea that a celebrity or a character can be defined by one piece of clothing or accessory is amazing to me. You’ve really made something of yourself if you’ve reached that point. I love these posters of famous shoes.
- Fashionista explains while Elle has decided to select their Carey Mulligan cover photo after Vogue already did in 2010. [Source]
- The Vogue Archive has every Vogue issue available for viewing/reading from the last 120 years. Cost? $1,575/yr [Source]
- Pantone and Sephora will collaborate on a new line devoted to the color of the year – Tango Tangerine. [Source]
- Clemence Poesy is the new face of G-Star Raw. [Source]
- Janelle Monae will release two albums in 2012. CAN’T WAIT! [Source]
- Glee will do a Michael Jackson tribute episode. [Source]
- Get a head start on purchasing your Capitol Hill Block Party tickets now! AKA the best. weekend. ever.
- Coldplay will return to the Northwest in 2012. [Source]
- Former Seattle Sonics player, Gary Payton, will help Seattle get a basketball team back here in 2012. [Source]
- Eddie Bauer opens up a pop-up shop at Melrose Market. [Source]
- Lindsay Lohan’s “tasteful” Playboy cover has been revealed. [Source]
- Twitter is about to get a makeover. [Source]
- Shots have been fired at Virginia Tech’s campus and two people are confirmed dead. My thoughts are with everyone affected by this incident. [Source]
- New York takes a jab at Miranda Kerr by calling her interview responses banal. [Source]
- The Victoria’s Secret Angels attempt to sing Jingle Bells. ahhh Lily Aldridge is my favorite!
- H&M x Marni is happening! The collaborative collection will debut March 8th. [Source]
- My style icon Alexa Chung won the British Style Award. [Source]
- “Like Crazy” actress Felicity Jones is the new face of Dolce & Gabbana. [Source]
- Britney Spears is performing a free show in Mexico! WHOA! [Source]
- The Red Hot Chili Peppers are hitting the road again for their new tour. [Source]
- S Club 7 is making a comeback! [Source]
“When her sister disappears, Jill (Seyfried) is convinced the serial killer who kidnapped her two years ago has returned, and she sets out to once again face her abductor.”
- Pretty Little Liars has been renewed for a third season! No surprise there. Looks like we have another year until we find out who A really is. [Source]
- Ricky Martin will be making an appearance on Glee next year. [Source]
- These breakout stars had a fantastic year in 2011. [Source]
- Conrad Murray has been sentenced to four years behind bars for the death of Michael Jackson. [Source]
- One 14-year old Belieber fan has threatened to kill Justin Bieber’s ex-girlfriend and current girlfriend Selena Gomez. [Source]
- Kurt Loder speaks…and calls Michael Jackson a child molester. [Source]
- The Parents Television Council went into a frenzy today over the anticipated sex scenes on tonight’s episode of Glee, which let me just say – were a little anticlimactic. They claim that it wasn’t a gender issue, but that it had more to do with the age. Let’s just let teenagers be teenagers, alright! [Source]
After nine hours of deliberation, the jury has reached a verdict. Now convicted, Dr. Conrad Murray will face a possible maximum sentence of four years behind bars, but due to overcrowding could do his time under house arrest like a la Lohan. He will also lose his medical license.
- LeAnn “Homewrecker” Rimes is apparently engaged to Eddie Cibrian. [Source]
- Former Bachelorette contestant Julian Hug was found dead Wednesday along a Southern California Highway in San Diego. [Source]
This guy loves Pokemon. Don’t mess. Language totally NSFW.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt is doing a college tour to promote his new project RE:Acting & RECording.
The dates are: UCLA – Nov 8, UPenn – Nov 17, Columbia – Nov 19, NYU – Nov 20, and USC – Nov 22. [Source]
- Christina Aguilera is back in the studio recording a new album after the failure that was “Bionic.” The new album is inspired by her sophomore album “Stripped.” Oh geez, please don’t let there be another “Dirrty.” [Source]
- Jennifer Aniston playing the same character [as always] in the new film “Just Go With It” with Adam Sandler.
Actress Anna Kendrick is in the new LCD Soundsystem video for their single “Pow Pow.” Maybe you’ll see it make the Song of the Day in just a few days.
- A mother of four has been hit with a $1.5 million fine for illegally downloading 24 songs. She should have bought from iTunes. OWNED. [Source]
- Nick Lachey and Vanessa Manillo have gotten engaged after four years of dating. [Source]
Actor Mark Wahlberg collaborated with Microsoft the other day to deliver the Kinect for XBox 360 system to thousands of Boys and Girls Clubs across the country. [Source]
My favorite Skins’ actress Kaya Scodelario became visibly distressed earlier this week when out of nowhere, a man in his 4o’s attacked her boyfriend by punching him in the stomach. Her boyfriend Elliott Tittensor had just left court where he was guiltily charged for running over an 18-year-old boy who had refused to get out of the way of his car. [Source]
Real World alum Sean Duffy has been elected to Congress. He is now…officially the most successful Real World alum ever. [Source]
- Demi Lovato entered rehab earlier this week emotional and physical treatment NOT for drug or alcohol related issues. No one really knows why. [Source] Another Disney star bites the dust! Selena Gomez is the only one who will last.
- The band Garbage are recording a new album. [Source]
- Oprah will sit down with Katherine Jackson and Michael Jackons’ kids, in an exclusive interview set to air November 8th. [Source]
- Shia Labeouf will direct a new short film by Kid Cudi entitled, “Maniac.” [Source]
- Leighton Meester will be the face of Vera Wang’s new scent. [Source]
- Scientists actually try to create a real life invisibility cloak. [Source]
Yay Neil Patrick Harris!!
- Hillary Duff and Mike Comrie just got married tonight in Santa Barbara. Hillary wore Vera Wang [of course.] Scans and pictures will be released Thursday by OK! Magazine, but we all hope it’s a little bit sooner. Question – why do people go to OK! Magazine – there are other magazines out there…better ones too…
- The Glee cast is pushing for a Michael Jackson episode. Haven’t they have enough? Madonna episode – Britney episode. I wish they would just go back to having non-themed episodes. [Source]
- Cheryl Cole will be keeping her last name as Cole and not going back to Tweedy. [Source]
- Joe Jonas has filed a lawsuit against Canadian entertainment blogger Zach Taylor for a posting that claimed Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato were “friends with benefits” [Source]
- Meet the Toronto version of Jersey Shore. Lake Shore. [Source] Because everyone wants to be the next Snooki and The Situation.
Drew Barrymore recently walked the red carpet for the Nylon Magazine/Express party this week in a vintage dress that cost her only $25. Don’t worry her Yves Saint Laurent “Tribute” pumps are $760. [Source]
- Steve Carell will be leaving The Office next year capping off season 7. [source]
- The divorce is final between Jesse James and Sandra Bullock. [source]
- Emma Watson has confirmed that she is dating George Craig, the Burberry model and frontman of music group One Night Only.
Watch it now before it gets removed! Cue tears at … 4:39
Chris Brown struggled through his tribute to Michael Jackson last night at the BET Awards. After dancing through Billie Jean, Remember the Time, and Smooth Criminal, Chris attempted to end the tribute by singing Man in the Mirror, but broke down into tears showing everyone just how vulnerable he was. Haven’t decided if I still feel bad for him or not. It must suck to know that everyone kind of hates you because you beat your girlfriend up and it went public and basically your career went down the drain. Stuff happens; sometimes you bounce back and sometimes you don’t.
- Nicole Richie wrote another book entitled “Priceless” due out Sept. 28, 2010
- David Olsen, the father of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen is broke and facing foreclosure. Will the twins with all the money in the world step in to save their father from his debt? [Source]
- The Lohans are back to reality television again and have already started filming. Gross Dina Lohan is almost becoming worse than Kate Gosselin. [Source]
- Degrassi. The Boiling Point!
- Kristen Stewart lightens the hair and looks a whole lot better and a whole lot less emo than she always does. WIN.
- Tonight, Nikki Blonsky will debut her new ABC Family show Huge.
- Dove is casting “REAL WOMEN” for their new ad campaign. These women must have flawless skin, no scars, and definitely no tattoos. Nice job Dove, real nice.
- According to a recent study, the average woman will spend nearly $24,000 on shoes in their lifetime. That’s disgusting.
- You can now put Barbie in a fat suit!
- Google is determined to create the next best social networking site. Move out of the way Facebook. They didn’t win you over with Google Buzz, but now they’re coming back in full force with… wait for it…GoogleMe.
- Grandpa gets his GAGA on w/ this video posted by The Stranger.
- Rihanna has decided to cancel her kick off date for her tour in WA at the White River Amphitheater. Fans will receive a refund. [boooooo I’m a Chris Brown fan now!]
- Megan Fox officially wed Brian Austin Green in a small ceremony in Hawaii late last week. [source]
Growing up, I never attended a school where I was restricted to a certain dress code. Don’t get me wrong, I adore the plaid skirts and the button up blouses, but having gone through my educational years w/o it, I’m not exactly begging for a dress code now. Let’s not be silly though because that would be down right ridiculous to have a dress code in college. Maybe this is a biased opinion, but I don’t find that having a dress code causes less distractions for students while in school. Unless these kids are coming to school dressed like sparkly Michael Jackson and Madonna circa 80′s every single day then I don’t see what the problem is.
I think that developing your own sense of style helps you discover who you are. It teaches you to be more comfortable with yourself and allows you to take risks.
I always thought that this phase would fade out. Instead, it’s just gotten worse. Yesterday, a school board in Scranton, PA announced that their new dress code for the following school year would ban skinny jeans, hoodies, and cargo pants. If your students want to become hipsters, just let them be!
That’s not all…the board decided unanimously to ban yoga pants, tops w/ zippers, tank tops, hats, shorts that are more than three inches above the knee and clothing that is a size too tight.
I have no other words…
Sad year :(
The other day I posted a little dinky video of it, but here is the official video and it is truly a spectactular sight.
On Michael Jackson’s birthday, fans all over the Seattle area gathered at 10 AM this morning at Cal Anderson Park to learn a choreographed dance to Michael Jackson’s “Beat It.” If you weren’t there, you weren’t officially a part of the flashmob and wouldn’t be able to join in on the dance festivities which occured at 1:10 PM, 2:05 PM and 3 PM at Occidental Park, Pike Place Market and Kerry Park respectively.
I love you Seattle!
Truthfully, I feel bad for the guy. Kevin and I have decided that Chris Brown has basically ruined it for himself. You can apologize as many times as you want, you can write a song about it ie: Changed Man, you can go about your life normally like you used to, but the thing is no one will ever forget what you did.
And this fact is true for everyone right? Doesn’t matter if your Chris Brown, the NEXT Michael Jackson, or the average Joe that did something not so average.
So how do I feel about this outfit… I can’t even begin to string words together. There are things just not working, I always say there are no rules in fashion, but he can’t pull this off. Tall white socks w/ vans and denim shorts. Weird print sweater – gold chain. face.